Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
In highschool, my entire group of friends referred to one another by the name of Wolf's Rain characters. I never actually saw the show but I went with it. We'd also howl out of the car window. I'm sorry to everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

40-Degree Day posted:

I cried and punched my older sister when she deleted my 300+ hour save file on my Pokemon cartridge.

This is legal in every jurisdiction.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Dungeon Ecology posted:

In 10th grade, in ceramics class, I made a 6" chocobo figurine.

I made a figurine of a manga character too. Luckily the character was just a non-chocobo bird, so I escaped unscathed :tinfoil:.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

gamingCaffeinator posted:

I own a ball-jointed doll. My best friend owns about seven, and one of our mutual friends owns twenty. Altogether, their collections are worth nearly $25,000. My doll's worth about $800, if one counts the clothing and sundries.

There's a thread for us in the hobbies subform; have you seen it? :)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
From the ages of 14 to 20, I wrote a million(+) word fantasy novel. It drove a lot of my interest in artwork and writing during that time, even though no one ever read it or looked at the artwork I did for it. I realize why people weren't interested in hearing about it--hell, I wouldn't have been, and it was pretty stupid because drat, 14-year-olds are poo poo writers--but it basically drove me from ever pursuing a creative field. You can't expect other people to care about you or the things you do :toot:.

I still think about those characters quite a bit, though. :spergin:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Radio Talmudist posted:

I REALLY want to read this thing. A million word epic written over the course of 6 years of adolescence? That has to be interesting.

It's interesting to me because I wrote it (during a period of my life when I was quite disturbed), but otherwise I don't really think it is. Fundamentally it's what I wanted it to be (that is, I've never read another story like it), but at the end of the day it suffers from me being irrationally fascinated by ennui and cannibalism.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

LtAldoRaine posted:

Post it! ...Actually, a million words is a godawful amount. Post a summary!

Uhh, a cannibal warlord entices/kidnaps several young people from a nation with a conflicting ideology and brings them to his homeland. He places them in important positions of his government in an attempt to bring some margin of virtue his overly savage and corrupt society (as well as to weaken some sectors). These young people--with individual levels of initial resistance--eventually integrate, although each pays some extent of lip service to their childhood views. The story follows the cannibal warlord and his lackeys as they try to wrest power from his country's old guard, the young people as they make decisions such as how to compromise and when, the traditional agents in cannibal country (which is sort of like Marlboro country except with more delicious flesh) as they try to maintain stability, and also the belligerent ambitions of those in the rival nation. The main theme was "social institutions may be bad and seem illogical but there's always a reason they are the way they are now."

A lot of it was me as a young person trying to rationalize why the world felt so hostile, only this was better because it had elves. Yaaay elves! :downs:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Oh, I'm also a total (western) animated film sperg. All the artbooks I can grab, the Disney Archive Series books on backgrounds and design, a DVD copy of every member of the Disney canon, imported DVDs from Germany and Italy, all that stuff. Thank god I do it, otherwise people might not overlook my actual character in lieu of teasing me for what I enjoy.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

General Panic posted:

I understand Edmund Burke's Reflections on The Revolution in France is similar, but without elves or cannibals.

I can now take pride knowing I predicted the "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" movement.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I still own like ten Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust animation cels. I really need to do something with them :doh:.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Matazat posted:

Senior year I became aware of girls flirting with me and took a girl to prom, so at least I wizened up a bit.

Are you sure there isn't something you want to tell us? :gay:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I own a My Little Pony cel.

Granted, it's from the original series, i.e. the one I watched as a little girl.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I almost wrote a fanfiction.

I decided not to because fanfiction.net did not enable HTML formatting.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I can't help but see Miles Edgeworth, from the Ace Attourney games, as gay ever since he was revealed to carry a spare cravat. I hate this about myself because there's no inherent tie between number of cravats and sexuality, and it's backwards and regressive to think so. However, when he pulled out a spare cravat I was like, "This is the gayest thing I've ever seen."

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Austrian mook posted:

I posted on a forum about AA and regularly got in shipping arguments. Granted, I was on the Phoenix and Miles aren't buttfucking side but still.

I never said Phoenix Wright was gay :colbert:.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
My dad and I watched a few episodes of The Venture Bros. together. He liked it and watched the rest. I was so proud. :sun:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Welp. I was so sure that was a troll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I used to constantly use this emoticon of Ocelot being attacked by bees:

• Locked thread