Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deathcake
Nov 16, 2009

get UPI!
In high school I was a pretty big weeaboo. To be fair, my friends were too, but that doesn't really excuse it. I took a Japanese class and would go around babbling in bad Japanese. This was back in 2001/2002 so it was before the internet exploded with memes, but we honest to god would go around squealing, "this is so KAWAIIII!" and answered each other with "hai!" or "iie!" One day a friend and I were babbling Japanese to each other and one of our friends yelled at us, "goddammit you are NOT JAPANESE. SPEAK ENGLISH." Oh, if only we had listened. She was wise beyond her years. :(

My friends wrote slashy Gundam Wing fanfiction to each other, and I think they combined some Harry Potter in there, too. I RPed Dragon Ball Z with random people online, and actually started an online 'relationship' with a guy I RPed with who ended up being a girl who was pretending to be a guy! Isn't that supposed to happen the other way around?. Yeah, our dates ended up being between our characters. I look back on those years and laugh and cringe and am thankful I am mature enough to see that sort of crap as ridiculous.

Edit: I also wrote Animorphs fanfiction, and wrote a letter to the author asking if she would be interested in using my self-insert fan character in her books. :smith:

Deathcake fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Nov 14, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread