Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fudsaf
Jan 29, 2010
I won't focus on the videogames-over-dating thing, because most of us have shamefully admitted to doing that already. Something this thread reminded me of is that I used to be obsessed with maps. More specifically: fake maps, that I drew.

I realized that I could draw these dumb maps, of continents, fake worlds, and treasure maps and then go through a process of crumpling and un-crumpling the maps. After a good hundred or so cycles, the map would look aged, feel soft, and be realistic! Of course, it wouldn't have been so bad if I did this in the privacy of my own home, but no, I had the great idea of making and crumpling these maps during 4th grade class. I got yelled at more than a few times for making too much noise and not listening, but that didn't stop me, and I always looked for the chance to tell people about my treasure maps, which I had convinced myself were real. Needless to say, I was a turbonerd, and everybody knew it.

Then I did something I'm not ashamed of at all. I made up a board game that was basically a rip-off of Tiddlywinks, where I drew maps and you had to land the little plastic coins on different areas to win a certain amount of points. I called the game Columbutt, after Columbus, but with a butt. Butts are universally, infinitely funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread