Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
justlysarcastic
Feb 22, 2010

no words necessary
Oh geez, where to even start ...

All of elementary was me being a super weeaboo with my friends. Pokemon was serious business back then, though mostly the gameboy version, as I went to a Catholic elementary school and the TCG was the devil's work or whatever their reason for banning the cards were. I used to hack the poo poo out of my game so I could show off Mew and be cool, but I was too scared to say I used a Gameshark and would say I moved the truck or whatever the rumor for getting Mew was back then :j: We were also heavily into Tenchi Muyo and would pretend to be the characters during recess after school. Loudly. And we'd keep pretending to be the characters if someone outside of our group approached us during recess, too :negative:

High school was worse. It was just me and two others from the old group and we discovered manga and subtitled anime. We used to draw tons of InuYasha and YuGiOh fanart, would find "obscure" anime and assign ourselves characters to be from it (though thank god we didn't try to actually be them), and would try to write manga stories. I wrote two thick ring-binder books worth of one story and it's completely terrible and embarrassing :( I also ended up dating my male friend from our tiny group but dumped him because I was a terrified nerd girl and ended up leaping to date some guy I met on the internet who was RPing my favorite character at the time from the Tales Of series. He even flew in from Texas to go on a date with me :j: I am so lucky he wasn't a crazy rapist. To put the icing on that cake, dumped him too when I realized that oh god a boy is actually serious about a nerdy geek nerd like me ABORT ABORT!! Basically, I was a terrible person as a teenager.

More recently, I was RPing online quite a bit and was super serious about it for a time to where I did a lot of stupid things to keep myself on top of things (staying home from work/school and nearly failing or losing my job due to absences just because I wanted to get my character involved in an event first because that's obviously more important you see :downs: ), but I've since quit that. But unfortunately not before being way too excited about it (it was new and exciting and people liked my writing a lot so of course Everyone Must Know! :downs: ) and talking to my two friends about it like crazy, to the point where one of them gets visibly disgusted if I even mention RP while comparing it to something else. I also make excuses to say I'm too busy to do something when I get a new game though, but I don't do it too often anymore!

I think ... :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread