Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
I once spent hours on kirby's pinball for Game Boy, getting a ridiculous high score, and then entered my name as "FuckYou!!!!" My sister still has the cart and the high score is still there.

I also used a pencil and paper to plan a "perfect" materia combo to defeat emerald and ruby weapon in FF7. I then used my sister's save file to do so, then beat the game. She found out later and told me I ruined the game for her. :(

Back in 2000, the pokemon tcg was a thing, and my sister and her husband were really into it. We started playing at a league hosted by the local toys r us and were stomping the poor kids who would build a deck with their favorite pokemon and like, no energy or something. Eventually a few other nerdy parents, myself and my sister ended up running the league ourselves and having a blast. That Halloween, I dressed up as James, my sister was Jesse, and her husband was giovanni. We put together themed decks and the kids got to play us for fun and they loved the hell out of it. Good times. It eventually culminated with other less nerdy parents helping us out (since they were treating the league as Saturday daycare essentially) and making custom "stadium" cards to play vs the kids. We gave special prizes out and the kids went nuts for it. We even forced oversight on all card trading, so 7 year olds weren't being ripped off by teenagers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Die Elf posted:

Sometime in middleschool I was obsessed with Morrowind. I put more hours into that game than any other with WoW being the only exception. I stopped playing towards the end of a run where I wanted to collect every item in the game. The worst part is that for a period of time instead of saying "oh my god" or "Holy poo poo" I said, "By the nine" :qq:

Oh wow. That reminds me of the time I came back to school from break the summer that StarCraft: Brood Wars came out and I greeted my fellow nerdy classmate with "En Taro Tassadar". :negative:

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
This thread made me remember that for English 101 in college as a first-day writing sample, I wrote out, from memory, the proper strategy and positioning for tanking Leotheras as a warlock, as well as specific strategy for the rest of the raid. I got an A in the class, but the professor wrote, "Help me.. what IS this?"

9815 hours combined across all my characters, 87.8% of that time spent on one character. I never idled. :cripes:

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

ghetto wormhole posted:

Jesus christ, that's 408 days. You need loving counseling dude.

Well, duh. It's actually an hour short of 409 days, and I keep it as a reminder of how much that game sucked out of me. Thankfully I can say that I quit entirely this past expansion cycle after hearing the farming bullshit they were putting in. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. And I had all the camel mounts you could get....

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Wojtek posted:

You're the worst kind of person.

In my first college writing class, the final paper couldn't hurt your grade so I wrote probably the worst script for an episode of WWE Monday Night Raw that anyone could ever imagine.

Vanilla was the best in terms of raw talent required. :colbert:

For my first college english class, the professor asked for a writing sample. I proceeded to dole out from memory the exact strategy for warlock-tanking leotheras, complete with raid positioning, composition and everything. She marked half of it wrong because she didn't know what "warlock" or "to flask" meant, etc. Once I explained, she gave me the proper credit. To be fair, she was one of those burned out hippie english professors with long skirt and birkenstocks who was incredibly racist to the people who didn't speak english as a native language in the class.

• Locked thread