Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arrowsmith
Feb 6, 2006

SAGANISTA!

AlternateAccount posted:

That is the dumbest poo poo I have ever seen. Good lord do they not realize that they look like they're having seizures?

I don't get it at all. This is like two drunk/stoned guys loving around in their living room because they don't have an actual course or other friends to play with. In the second video they have an entire course available and they just stand right up next to each other!

I get that they are just trying to optimize their tactics based on defined rules and the limitations of their gear (specifically how the hit detection systems fit on the body), but who the hell ever thought up the horrible rules that lead to this abomination? Does paintball/airsoft-style competitive laser tag exist? Or is there just no point because people who are serious will play those games instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrowsmith
Feb 6, 2006

SAGANISTA!

Ocean Book posted:

At least I am reasonably sure I am the first person to get all 120 stars in Mario 64 using only my feet.

How the hell did you use the Z button?

Arrowsmith
Feb 6, 2006

SAGANISTA!

euphronius posted:

I agree with poster The End. The most likely scenario is that the large % of these "I passed up a chance to get laid" instances are actually the sperg completely misinterpreting social cues.

I think it's likely that at least a few of them are letting nostalgia creep in with the whole "she was pretty cute" thing. Most (typically younger) guys who lament being unable to attract women are really talking about not attracting the sort of women they are attracted to. They completely close themselves off from acknowledging all of the women they don't find eminently and immediately desirable, and myopically conclude that "girls don't like me," when there are a whole host of people out there who aren't getting laid themselves and are probably just as desperate for action as the goons in question are. Part of the "I could have got some" recollections are probably due to remembering the girls that they were, at the time, oblivious to as being more attractive than they really were (because if they were actually attractive and receptive, juveniles are pretty much hardwired to do something about that), and part of it is realizing that by their current, more realistic standards of attractiveness those women were perfectly acceptable. It was only their "I wanna bang the cheerleader" fantasy-standards that relegated them to involuntarily celibacy.

• Locked thread