Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

ToastyPotato posted:

This is one of those issues prerelease where the opposition is petty and mostly comprised of people who will definitely buy the game eventually anyway. If the game has proper mod support, and better mod support, especially if there is a workshop, then there isn't really any big issue with Steam. It really is a non issue, and for me personally, it has actually made me more interested in the title than I previously was.

The guy in charge of Steam patch deployment absolutely hates Steam because Bohemia deploys dozens of lovely intermediate patches in between their giant half-gig patches and changing that system to accommodate Steam would be a bitch for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Mederlock posted:

Uhh, Red Orchestra 2 loving rocks man. :colbert: Anyways, yeah, more players is gonna be sweet.

Red Orchestra 2 is a joke. Tripwire promised more maps, more vehicles, and more gameplay modes like multiplayer campaigns. In the year and half since release we've gotten 2 new official maps, 2 more useless modes that serve to only fracture the community further into even spergier camps (why yes, lets make RO2 exactly like RO1), and 0 new vehicles that if you look back, were promised on the preorder details. If you ask any of the people (still) posting in the RO2 thread most of them would say the game was a poorly supported cash grab at this point.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Torabi posted:

Because Nvidia are dumb PhysX will never be used to its full potential. As in, it can't be used in any major gameplay altering way. So standard ragdolls and physics only. We with AMD cards should be fine since it would be incredibly stupid to exclude tons of customers because they have the "wrong" gpu.

Do you not remember the whole Arkham Asylum fiasco where the ability to use AA was disabled solely on one maker's cards?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

VarXX posted:

I've got a 660 Ti and a i5 2500k, and it runs amazing compared to Arma 2

From what I recall Arma 2's engine was designed as a military simulator first and an actual playable game second. VBS (the military sim that Bohemia develops) has a lot more features as well.