Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
I can't wait for this game. From the videos it looks like it fixes the lovely controls of arma 2 and looks much more polished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Holy poo poo gently caress YES!

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Grabenkrieg posted:

http://imgur.com/a/cKKWU

New screenshots, details are looking really nice.

drat those look amazing :stare:

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Is there any word on when exactly the game will be available on steam? Any chance we will be able to play tomorrow night? :ohdear:

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Mederlock posted:

Dslyecxi's first 'serious' video for A3 :aaa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8vrbzNYEwM

:stare::fap:

why isnt this out yet

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Mega Comrade posted:

5.4GB, god drat this is gonna take ages.

What kind of lovely internet you have where a 5.4gb dl takes ages?

It took 14 minutes to dl here. :smugdog:

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Zasze posted:

By far the most stable alpha ive played.

Seriously. If yesterday you told me BI will release a alpha that will run solid 60 fps and not crash while looking and controlling great I would have laughed at your face after playing arma 2 and dayz.

I am extremely impressed with how good the game looks and controls.

They need to port dayz to arma 3 asap.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Turin Turambar posted:

People who comment on performance without claryfing

a)their specs
and
b)their graphical settings
and
c)the average FPS

should go to hell. :/

/looks around

Heh sorry,

I am on a i7 920 (stock) , 6gb ram and gtx 470. Running everything on high except shadows and particles on standard on 1080p res.

I am not dipping below 40 so far.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

GoldenNugget posted:

How does ArmA2 run for you? I'm curious since my specs are a bit less than yours and ArmA2 varies from decent performance to stutter laggy hell (with SSD too).

Arma 2 ran pretty lovely on my comp. It was never smooth like arma 3 regardless of what I changed the settings to.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Joined a deathmatch and some dude was really mad on voice chat calling people "foreign piece of poo poo nigs" and teamkilling everyone. Apparently you die immediately if you go out of bounds too which is like 3 meters to the left and right of your spawn point :stare:

Also realized the game runs like rear end in MP for some reason. We were in some sort of village and it was running really low fps regardless of my settings. Single player and mission editor stuff runs smooth as silk so no idea why MP is so stuttery and slow.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

VarXX posted:

Could it have been a bad server/bad mission? We played a mission a little bit ago that caused the game to run at 0.8FPS, and when we switched to another it cleared right up.

It might be, that was the first time I played MP.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Steeltalon posted:

Tweaking:
PIP: Quality seems to only changes how far away distant objects appear. Low seems to be perfectly fine. (eats lots of frames, as much as 20fps if enabled)
Disabled
Low
Standard
HIgh
Ultra

Post processing: Anything over normal seems to be excessive. Low or Normal seem to be a good middle ground.
Very Low
Low
Normal
High

Object render distances: How far away objects appear. This makes a huge difference in frames. (I'm running 800)

ATOC: dips frames noticably-- up to 10fps. Not much improvement visually, (I have it off)
Disabled
Trees + Grass

Texture quality: dependant on VRAM.
Low
Standard
High
Very High
Ultra

Object quality: same as Arma 2, renders how good poo poo looks depending on distance.
Low
Standard
High
Very High
Ultra

Cloud quality: disabled = A2 clouds. I cant tell the difference in quality from anything above standard. (so I just leave it on standard)
Disabled
Standard
High
Very High
Ultra

Shadow quality: I run Standard. Do not use Low, you will get lower FPS. (lol arma?) Quality difference between standard and High seem very similar to me. The exception being less jaggy on diagonals.
Low
Standard
High

Particle quality: effects things like smoke. Normal causes smoke particles to clip, while high does not. Hard to explain so see screenshots. Difference in Very high and High seem negligable. (I use high)
Normal
High
Very High

Working on more sceen shots.

My specs:
i5 3570k OC @ 4.3
16GB 2133mhz
GTX 580
SSD

Currently using:
Render:
AA: 2x
PPAA: OFF
ATOC: OFF
PP: Normal
AF: Very High
PIP: Standard
Dynamic Lights: High
Overall View Distance: 3000
Object view distance: 800
Shadow Distance: 100

Quality: Texture, Object, Terrain, Cloud, Shadow, Particle: High

E: added more screenshots, and fixed a duplicate.
E2: more screenshots

This needs to go into the OP asap. Thank you so much for this post.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Anybody tried these yet?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Can someone give me the inventory management 101.

I managed to take off scopes from weapons but I have no idea how to put em back on. Also have no idea how to go about customizing the characters look.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
I cant play mp in this game. Every time I try to join a server it crashes during the recieving data stage. :(

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

dongsweep posted:

I am really enjoying Arma 3 more than 2 and I enjoyed 2 quite a bit. Only complaint is it seems the developer may not be doing anything to help with the hacking in servers. I can hope things will change but I am not optimistic.

Also, almost every server I play in I eventually get turned into a pigeon. I hope they fix that soon.

Yea whats with turning into a bird? Is there a meaning behind that, I never played arma 2 past dayz.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Baloogan posted:

Amagad I need a trackir

Whats the best trackir?

There is only one so it's not hard to pick.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Chief Savage Man posted:

I sort of want a Track IR now. Does anybody have it and do you think its at all worth it?

I had one before I sold it and no I don't think it's worth it unless you are some hardcore flight sim nerd, in which case it is worth it.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
I have not played ARMA 3 since like a week after it came out. Is there anything new in the game since then? Trying to decide whether to download the alpha again or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
I have a GTX 780 and the SP still chugs a lot. I guess I need to upgrade my processor for this.

Also is there a dayz mod for Arma 3? I tried wasteland and didn't really like it much.