Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I'm so majorly stoked for this, but I dread the kind of PC I'll need to run it for large-scale multiplayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Mederlock posted:

Edit: ^^^ I'm pretty stoked too, and as a member of Shacktac, large multiplayer experiences is all I really do, and we're all hoping Arma 3 doesn't make our computers beg for mercy on big co-ops like it does for a lot of us in Arma 2. :negative:

I've been thinking of applying for ShackTac or playing w/ UO but I know 90% of the mission will take me to 10fps and poo poo.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Chortles posted:

A bunch of my notes on the state of ARMA 3 as of Gamescom are cribbed from BI forums users InstaGoat:

I've also got more on him on the state of ARMA 3 as of Gamescom if anyone wants me to post that? (Not PMs, but posts that I can link to.)

Great post, I have a question that a man of your knowledge may know.

What's the word on difficulty levels and the built-in range finders on scopes? Is that going to be across all difficulties, or will it be like arma 2 where going to veteran removes the nameplate feature? I'm actually concerned at how trivialized long-range engagements could be with that built-in range finger.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Mederlock posted:

You can't honestly say you enjoy how clunky (ala Metro 2033)

Metro 2033 was clunky? What?

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

wargames posted:

Since you're the only one to have this problem sure let's just change everything for you.

I have it too. I think it's just a server group issue. I've had it for a month now.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

ACE won't work with Mumble so please stop complainin' and bein' stupid because ACE3 is going to be the best.

PS: Gooncave goons still play Arma2. Feel free to go use your own Mumble or CTS whenever you want, you have the freedom of choice! Also please stop sperging about spergs, because there is an intense sense of irony about someone getting so concerned about a 10MB or smaller piece of software that requires one-time setup.

Faffel fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Mar 8, 2013

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

We need some goons for Arma3, by the way. Like right now. On Gooncave.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I'm a huge Arma nerd and I love Arma but I haven't really gotten to play Arma3 much or with goons yet; how do you figure out when sessions are starting? Is #armagoons just the place to be for that poo poo?

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Ralith posted:

1. Choose a time of day convenient to both east and west coast
2. Announce that you will be hosting a game at that time several days in advance
3. Pick some good missions ahead of time. Be sure to have some suitable for any size of group.
4. Now you know when a session's starting!

My combination of hardware + internet don't allow me to host playable games, or I would. Oh well.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

After today I'm off work for 3 days and want to play arma. What's the easiest way to hook up with other goons?

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I will play Arma 3.

E: Where is the Gooncave mumble info? I had it once, but no longer.

Faffel fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jul 17, 2014

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

If you add me at http://steamcommunity.com/id/faffel I play a lot of Breaking Point but have no issue playing Wasteland and KoTH stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I still haven't tried Zeus but I'm too slow and uncreative to be a god for anyone.