Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Pardon my ignorance, but isn't ARMA 3 set, like, now? Technology and militarization of the next few years? Why is he referring to it as 'sci-fi'? Is he just that deluded and trying to distort the actual historical scope of the game or does it genuinely introduce absurd technology?

I wasn't under the impression it wasn't Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter-style 'here are some military projects that are currently blue-sky thinking concepts at this point, so we set the game a few years in the future so we could overlook that'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

DrAlexanderTobacco posted:

The setting of ArmA3 is basically 5-10 years in the future. No lasers, ray guns, teleportation etc. - Simply a logical extrapolation of today's technology, and tomorrow's possibilities.

I assumed that. I just mean, it's not like active camo from Ghost Recon or poo poo like that. It's just 'here's the slightly better equipment we might be using', right?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I thought as much. What a bizzare thing to get indignant about.