Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raneman
Dec 24, 2010

by T. Finninho
Can I still go into the editor and make gigantic militia rebellions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raneman
Dec 24, 2010

by T. Finninho
Just bought the alpha via steam, when do we get the alpha lite invites?

Raneman
Dec 24, 2010

by T. Finninho
So in the helicopter mission how the hell are you supposed to kill those mortars with the helicopter? The DAGR can't lock on and the minigun is useless even after 10 passes.

Raneman
Dec 24, 2010

by T. Finninho
Hop on Gooncave and IRC right now for a good time, we will be testing OPERATION RAINBOW CYLON

Raneman
Dec 24, 2010

by T. Finninho
:siren: In 45 minutes, at 3:00 GMT -6, I will be testing my very first PVP mission. If you are a fan of Operation Staplerfahren, Operation Rainbow Cylon, or Operation Taco Tuesday, this event will be for you. Get in mumble, and be sure to join the in-game server (Name: Goons, Pass: lljk)

Raneman
Dec 24, 2010

by T. Finninho

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Also how to I host a server with my user-created scenario. I saved it but when I go to create a new server only the two co-op scenario's are there...

Save as -> export to multiplayer missions

Raneman
Dec 24, 2010

by T. Finninho
Is there any way to decrease throttle in the helicopter? It is a bit hard to land when I can't slow the blades down and lose altitude gracefully.

Raneman
Dec 24, 2010

by T. Finninho
So I organized a playdate with some Germans: http://hx3.de/multiplayer-185/armed-assault-de-aas-tvt-events-fragestunde-22358/

We'll have some nice PVP matches with them around Friday/Saturday. If you can read German you should be able to keep up using that thread.

Raneman
Dec 24, 2010

by T. Finninho

Mederlock posted:

Before you do something like this you should, you know, bring it up in the IRC or something :colbert:

Edit: But anyways this could be fun

Been talking about it in mumble for a while, completely forgot about IRC.

Raneman
Dec 24, 2010

by T. Finninho
So it turns out Satchel Charges can take out somewhat low flying helicopters. Up to 30m or so it will turn everything red.

Raneman
Dec 24, 2010

by T. Finninho

Mederlock posted:

Just added a Mods and missions section to the OP, enjoy! The missions part definitely needs more content but that can come later, when more good missions come out.

Maybe you could add some of my award winning missions such as Operation Staplerfahren.

Raneman
Dec 24, 2010

by T. Finninho
That match with Goons vs. Germans has been moved to next Saturday because they want to make their own objective missions, with no respawns.

Read up their official announcement here:
http://armed-assault.de/news/a3-tvt-event-2332013.html

Raneman
Dec 24, 2010

by T. Finninho
:siren: The details on the Goons vs. Germans event :siren:
It will be on Saturday at 19:00 UTC. There will be objective based PVP missions with no respawns. At 18:30 UTC we will be organizing the host. At this time you should gather in either the Goon mumble, or if you wish to play on the German team, on their Teamspeak. It is estimated they will have about 15 people attending, maybe 20.

Definite info from their side can be found here:
http://armed-assault.de/news/a3-tvt-event-2332013.html

Raneman
Dec 24, 2010

by T. Finninho
Okay, here is the condensed version that should answer all questions.

When will this begin?
1900 UTC on 23 March 2013.

Where do I go to find my team?
The Camping the Stairs mumble.
IP: 76.72.167.240
Port: 64738
Pass: You should know

What if the teams are unbalanced?
We'll either send our best German speakers to their team or they will send their best English speakers to ours.

Dev build or Standard Build?
Standard.

What are the missions like?
Custom designed by their mission creators. Apparently objective based with no respawns. Hopefully they will have English briefings, if not someone can translate.

Who will host the server?
We are figuring that out just before the event, at 1830 UTC.

Raneman
Dec 24, 2010

by T. Finninho
Currently cracking the enigma that is the unpacked mission the germans handed us. Please join the mumble for plans on how to break this mission horribly and win.

Raneman
Dec 24, 2010

by T. Finninho
Turns out it was actually 1900 UTC because I converted Time Zones wrong. So about 2 hours after this post we will start.

Raneman
Dec 24, 2010

by T. Finninho
In 20 minutes I want as many people in mumble as possible, so we can start gathering for the match in 50 minutes.

Raneman fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Mar 23, 2013

Raneman
Dec 24, 2010

by T. Finninho

DrAlexanderTobacco posted:

Not sure about the password. Guess I'll give this a miss.

The password is lljk, as it is with every goon thing ever.

Raneman
Dec 24, 2010

by T. Finninho

Instrumedley posted:

So did you goons emerge triumphant against the Germans?

Total victory tab:
Goons: 2
VIP teamkilled by goon, goon self defeat: 1
Germans: 0

Raneman
Dec 24, 2010

by T. Finninho
So I'm writing up a design for a mission I'll be working on over the next few months, for playing with those German dudes.

Document Mayhem
SETUP: Two NATO bases exist on Stratis. One is operated by the United States, the other is operated by Germany. Each base has a garrison of guards, and the bases share a pool of civilians, of either American or German nationality. They all have I.D. cards stating their rank, randomly generated name, and nationality. These nationalities will correspond to the nationality of the player, which can be done using the language function, which returns the client’s game version. Values that aren’t English or German will be given a prompt asking which one they are more comfortable with. The main goal of the guards and civilians is to pick up documents and be sure they get to their assigned base, most documents have a copy for each base. A set of spies is randomly selected from the civilians, depending on nationality. German spies will be from German players, US from English players, Iranian from either. The goal of the spies is to secretly intercept the documents and return them to the wrong base. The documents are dealt with by containers: they spawn in type 1, type 2 are either American or German, and type 3 belongs to the Iranian spy. Every 20 minutes a pair of documents spawns in one of the type 1 containers, with a random location. The documents are expected to make it to the American and German type two crates respectively, this is the goal of 70% of players (Team 1.) Team 2 and 3 have to sneak the other nation’s documents into their own’s type 2 crate. After each 20 minute period the documents are archived- they are removed from the game. Until then, they can be recovered or stolen and moved about. Documents not in a crate will be erased with a penalty to all sides. If they are in the right crates, Team 1 is winning, wrong and Team 2, 3 or 4 is winning. Team 4 will have a randomly generated location for an “extraction” crate that archives immediately. The guards and neutral civilians must work together to stop the spies. Only the guards have radios.

TEAMS:
Team 1: Guards at both bases and neutral civilians
Team 2: German spies
Team 3: U.S. Spies
Team 4: Iranian Spies

WIN CONDITIONS:
Team 1: 4 cycles are passed without issue.
Team 2 and 3: 2 cycles are delivered to the wrong crate, respectively.
Team 4: 2 cycles are delivered to the Iranian crate.

SPY TOOLS:
Fake ID cards
Fake uniforms
Inventory concealer for 1 item

Raneman fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Mar 23, 2013

Raneman
Dec 24, 2010

by T. Finninho
Goons vs. Germans mission 3. I am an AH-9 co-pilot. We take off smoothly, circle around, I joke with the pilot and beg for the controls a whole bunch. As we come near camp maxell, the helicopter is struck by an RPG. The pilot manages to crash land the helicopter on the road below and we land on the road below. We get potshots taken at us as we run to a nearby cabin to hide. Eventually we see that Alpha 1-2 is moving a great distance to our north, and we go to meet up with them, screaming "Friendly, Don't Shoot!" over direct chat. We are then gunned down. :911:

Raneman
Dec 24, 2010

by T. Finninho
If anyone wants to play with me and some other goons I'll be hanging in the Arma channel in the mumble at the address davejk.net:65432

Raneman
Dec 24, 2010

by T. Finninho

Kashwashwa posted:

Can someone explain to me how to play this multiplayer?

When I click multiplayer, it shows maybe a dozen servers with people in them, then lots of "DEV" servers which I can't join.

Then, I enabled DEV mode, went back into multiplayer, and there are tooons of regular servers that I can't join that weren't showing up in my list before I went to DEV mode.

I don't understand how to access the majority of these servers.

Switching to dev probably wipes any filters you had- go back to regular and wipe your filters again.

Raneman
Dec 24, 2010

by T. Finninho
I tried out wasteland with those goons but they murdered me and then kicked me out of the mumble channel and in-game group with no explanation. I'm guessing I committed some goon faux pas but it seemed very sudden and random. I guess I'll never understand how Wasteland works, I'm seriously confused.

Raneman fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Aug 8, 2013

Raneman
Dec 24, 2010

by T. Finninho

OhsH posted:

We here at the houseliaoactual.com mumble server reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.

Can you at least give me a reason? Everything seemed extremely chill until I'm suddenly shot and exiled from the Wasteland channel.

Raneman
Dec 24, 2010

by T. Finninho
Yeah I guess Goons are running out of ways to be elitist so it's time to just kick people out of gaming groups based on their posting :rolleyes: It's especially amazing how I played for 3 hours with no issue and then some goon spontaneously looked at my posting while playing a video game (ultimate multitasking) and decided I wasn't fit to play army mans with them. I don't even think you were playing with us when I was kicked, so why do you keep posting about it? I'm not even banned from the mumble, I just don't have enter privileges for the wasteland channel.

EDIT: Also Jesus Christ man, you have 3 times the probations as me. When do you get lynched in the middle of a wasteland session? Something is up here.

EDIT2: Also let's not derail this into posting about who is the worse poster please.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raneman
Dec 24, 2010

by T. Finninho

JadeRaven posted:

He's banned on CTS too. That's why he's banned here. Part of the problem with getting some of the CTS people to play with us was that they had a ban list full of awful people that they didn't want to deal with. I obliged them by agreeing to get rid of the same people who caused problems on their server in the past. I suggest everyone drop this lest we derail this thread further over a fyad reject.
I was banned on CTS over some MMO goon drama, never had any complaints relating to my ARMA play.