Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8lbsofanalsex
Jun 3, 2011
Has there been any info released recently? I haven't been able to find anything on their forums other than a potential alpha around the end of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8lbsofanalsex
Jun 3, 2011

Mr. Clark2 posted:

Any word on if you'll be forced into flying missions as a part of the SP campaign? I hate that poo poo

http://www.arma3.com/arma-3-overview/personnel/

On the personnel page it lists a US helo pilot so I'm assuming they will have flying missions. Even worse, he is listed as a transport pilot. So you'll probably have to do some missions just flying stuff around until out of necessity of course he will start flying comanches, gunships, A-10s, F-35s, and the space shuttle.

8lbsofanalsex
Jun 3, 2011
I wonder what the mix of missions will be between the different characters. It seems like so far it's mainly been the regular infantry guy that has been shown. Wondering where a US Tanker will fall into a guerrilla campaign.

I'm assuming the alpha is gonna be open for everyone?

8lbsofanalsex
Jun 3, 2011
Another thing I'm excited about in this game is being able to attach satchel charges to vehicles. So I can finally bring my play style from battlefield over to arma.

8lbsofanalsex
Jun 3, 2011

Steeltalon posted:

With the magical ability of scripting, you could do this since arma 1.

I know, I just find it funny that it's gonna be in from the get go this time.