Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Hm, that's sure some typesetting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

its over already :(

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
an artist likes drawing sexy bodies, no need to get weird about it

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
One Kick Man.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Hm, that's sure some typesetting.

I thought it was funny that 95% of his thoughts just floated in the ether, but then just his last thought managed to make it into a thought bubble.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Shadow0 posted:

I thought it was funny that 95% of his thoughts just floated in the ether, but then just his last thought managed to make it into a thought bubble.

WEll considering that 95% of genos original thought carrying body is ether now it is appropriate?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Shadow0 posted:

Phoneposting so I can't get get the page, but those are all offtexts so that's fine, but there were a couple places where text that was supposed to be in a bubble ... leaked out.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That's because Mangastream just want to get it out first so that Ultimateking doesn't one up them.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
mangastream has a long and distinguished history of being extremely bad and poo poo

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

AnonSpore posted:

mangastream has a long and distinguished history of being extremely bad and poo poo

and they'd hate to disappoint.

E: hey, you know what? It's readable. I'll take it.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Phoneposting so I can't get get the page, but those are all offtexts so that's fine, but there were a couple places where text that was supposed to be in a bubble ... leaked out.

I think it worked well though. A bunch of thought bubbles would have just covered up and wasted a lot of the frames, and having that last thought in a bubble really punctuated it. I'm just easily amused by dumb things like that.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Shadow0 posted:

I think it worked well though. A bunch of thought bubbles would have just covered up and wasted a lot of the frames, and having that last thought in a bubble really punctuated it. I'm just easily amused by dumb things like that.

Yeah, it did - what I was talking about was just sloppy typesetting (on phone again, gg). The floating texts (i have the bad habit of calling them offtexts, which are specifically those little floating aside thoughts you'll sometimes see, mostly hand written) did work very well.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Yeah, it did - what I was talking about was just sloppy typesetting (on phone again, gg). The floating texts (i have the bad habit of calling them offtexts, which are specifically those little floating aside thoughts you'll sometimes see, mostly hand written) did work very well.

Show me what you mean when you get the chance; I didn't notice anything (though maybe that's for the best).

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Shadow0 posted:

Show me what you mean when you get the chance; I didn't notice anything (though maybe that's for the best).

I noticed too when it first went up, but ms seems to have caught it and replaced the offending pages. I don't even remember which ones were bad at this point.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Dr Subterfuge posted:

I noticed too when it first went up, but ms seems to have caught it and replaced the offending pages. I don't even remember which ones were bad at this point.

Ah, yeah. Now that I'm on my computer and looking, the mistakes are no longer there.

I guess that's the good thing about only hosting on your own site. You can go fix mistakes and they aren't out there forever.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

new ova is good,

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

new ova is good,

i doubt it

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Jerkface posted:

is there a manga/anime which plays off cliches like this. Id love to have some idiot start to say this only to be dogpiled by their buddies "shut up you idiot youre gonna lose if you say poo poo like that" etc

Mordaedil posted:

There is a lot of funny gag mangas that do it, they just don't get an anime made

May be from a bit back, but if this is what you're looking for, here's a fine example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0UkQurA5gQ

Gintama's weird, yo.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

It's good.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
God, I've been linked to so many amazing Gintama clips but I look at the number of episodes and just can't bring myself to start watching.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Chocobo posted:

God, I've been linked to so many amazing Gintama clips but I look at the number of episodes and just can't bring myself to start watching.

It's definitely intimidating, I don't blame you there. Doesn't help that it kind of takes a bit of time to really hit its stride, but there are some really fantastic characters and Takasugi Shinsuke is one of my all-time favorite bad dudes. It's worth a try someday...

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't wait for 2038 when all the long running animes are finished and people can just make lists of what episodes you can/should watch and what to skip.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

RareAcumen posted:

I can't wait for 2038 when all the long running animes are finished and people can just make lists of what episodes you can/should watch and what to skip.

They wont be finished.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If this OVA is a good impression of what they have in mind of King for the eventual season 2, I am glad. He is perfect.

Aug 24, 2011

where can i watch the new ova

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

RareAcumen posted:

If you just watch the episodes that further the plot you'll miss the Shinsengumi getting into a psycho-sexual relationship with the female lead from Bleach. Just do the sensible thing and skip episodes 1-24.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Chocobo posted:

It's worth watching. You don't have to binge it in a matter of days or anything, watch a few episodes whenever you're bored or whatever. Just enjoy it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mystic Mongol posted:

If you just watch the episodes that further the plot you'll miss the Shinsengumi getting into a psycho-sexual relationship with the female lead from Bleach. Just do the sensible thing and skip episodes 1-24.

See, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I don't even mean just all the episodes that only further the plot, I mean all the episodes worth watching.

Aug 24, 2011

saitama causes the most damage when he's not punching something

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Just picked up all 9 volumes from Amazon/Comixology for $40, so right now's a good time to grab them if you're just starting/been avoiding.

Wish there was a site like isthereanydeal for books like this, it'd be nice to get notifications on sales.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
So is comixolgys volumes for the digital versions? The site isn't terribly clear, but Amazon has some of the volumes only available for preorder.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
At least from Amazon, I was able to download and read up through vol 9. 10 seems to be the one on preorder.

Edit: seems that buying from amazon (disclaimer: I have Prime) is $4.49 a volume for digital, 3.99 for Vol 1. Comixology has them all for $6.99. They did pop up when I opened comixology.

RedMagus fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jun 2, 2016

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

New chapter

http://imgur.com/a/kziex

giffan
Jul 10, 2012
drat, Snek actually looked cool this chapter

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The title pages are more compelling than the actual arc.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Actually this arc is good and the stuff happening in it is cool

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Davinci posted:

Actually this arc is good and the stuff happening in it is cool

The arc isn't bad, but the pacing doesn't match with the release schedule well. When it's all out, it should read fine, but right now... less fun.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I like how the guy Snek beats up is basically just Mercenary Tao.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Lightning punch looked pretty badass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'm not jazzed about this tournament arc, but it's aight. Any chance my beautiful boy Genos can fight monsters, rando no names or no, and win is good in my book.

Bad Seafood posted:

I like how the guy Snek beats up is basically just Mercenary Tao.
Really wish he had a KILLYOU! jacket