Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Baal posted:

Tornado is best and I will buy the Tornado nendo at some point.

Tornado is good because instead of being a sulk her first big moment was with the king of land monsters.

"You'll need a meteor to beat me!"

"Okay fine"

"what?"

BOOM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

EmmyOk posted:

Fubuki is the least interesting of the main ensemble we have seen imo and as such I am deeply suspicious of anyone who thinks she is dah best garlllllllllo

Murata just likes big boobs and likes drawing big boobs.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Mordaedil posted:

Murata just likes big boobs and likes drawing big boobs.

Yeah like I don't mind that but it's weird to me when peoples' favourite is the boring big boobs and not the insanely rad and funny people like that man we call K I N G

e: She's not even interesting in a "doing her best despite being weak" context because of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFNiI5t0Ueo

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Yeah like I don't mind that but it's weird to me when peoples' favourite is the boring big boobs and not the insanely rad and funny people like that man we call K I N G

e: She's not even interesting in a "doing her best despite being weak" context because of

She's not my favorite but I think she's a cool character because of her complex with Tornado, which the ONE version adds to later on.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

NEET

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Nobodys saying fubuki is their favorite character over King, they're saying they are in love with her.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

No one is as good as king

but she is

BESTO GARL

OH YEAH!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i love fubuki, she has self esteem issues and depression she rules

it's weird that an ice witch is weaker than a pretty boy cyborg but that's the way it shakes out sometimes

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

EmmyOk posted:

Fubuki is the least interesting of the main ensemble we have seen imo and as such I am deeply suspicious of anyone who thinks she is dah best garlllllllllo

Fubuki is mainly 'best girl' by the process of this manga only having two girls in it, and Tornado is a major jerk.

But even when they're the only two in the running, Tornado is the better character because Fubuki's entire character is based on her relationship with Tornado.

It's honestly my only complaint with ONE's works, there need to be more cool girls in these stories.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
If there's one failing of Mob Psycho, it's that there needs to be more of the Claw lady who can punch hella good

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Absolutely. Like, every girl who is actually in his stories is really really good. Fubuki and Tatsumaki have a really involved and personal conflict, Tsuchi (Claw punch girl) is so cool and such a good role model, Tome is hilarious and gloomy, Mezato is driven and clever. They're really good characters who all have their own things going on.

It's just, there's only around 1 female character for every 12 or so male characters and I wish that ratio was less skewed.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

gnome7 posted:

Absolutely. Like, every girl who is actually in his stories is really really good. Fubuki and Tatsumaki have a really involved and personal conflict, Tsuchi (Claw punch girl) is so cool and such a good role model, Tome is hilarious and gloomy, Mezato is driven and clever. They're really good characters who all have their own things going on.

It's just, there's only around 1 female character for every 12 or so male characters and I wish that ratio was less skewed.

Agreed

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
For me, it's that none of the cool ladies really do anything of importance. There are great arcs for Tatsumaki coming up, but even during the Boros arc, she just flings the shells back at Boros' ship which....doesn't do anything, it's Saitama landing on the ship that causes it to crash. Which I guess you could say is part of the Joke of OPM but meanwhile on the ground, it's a loving McDonalds playplace of boys as they fight that goopy dude in a sick rear end fight.

In Mob, the closest we get is like Mezato leading the Psycho Helmet stuff I guess? and that's cool.'

This kinda stuff is nothing new for manga or fiction really, so I'm not just calling ONE out here, but he has many cool, developed and fun women and I want to see more of em really.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Moltrey posted:

If there's one failing of Mob Psycho, it's that there needs to be more of the Claw lady who can punch hella good

she's very good

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Give me more Tome

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

JuniperCake posted:

Mumen Rider too. Some of the heroes do get it.

Mumen Rider's interesting since, while he's Saitama's friend... he's not really drawn into Saitama's orbit like the other people who get it. Like, Fubuki and Genos and King (and even Bang), they go well out of their way to spend time with Saitama. He's an important part of their understanding of the world.

Meanwhile, the BICYCLIST FOR JUSTICE knows Saitama is the realest of real deals, but it doesn't change his life much. Sure, they hang out when they both have some time, but mostly he's got C-class duties, and Saitama's doing whatever he's doing, and you know. Keeps them both busy beyond maybe meeting for a bite to eat sometime.

Mumen Rider is pretty much immune to Hero Organization power jockeying. It's kind of impressive.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Mumen Rider is unironically the most heroic character.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
That's unfair to King; Saitama is the one who goes out of his way to hang out at his place (because video games)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Licenseless Rider is the best hero

King is the best character in the whole series. King's taste in video games is also impeccable.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

EmmyOk posted:

I think you're selling her short. I find Fubiki's role as this half Mafioso half bancho gang leader figure fascinating for a few reasons. For one, it makes perfect sense that an occupation as violent as a professional hero would lead to such groups forming. For another, it speaks about the greater Hero Association that they would tacitly permit such groups. A a superhero street gang is also something that doesn't really have an equivalent in western comics that I can think of--at least, not one so transparent or played so straight.

I like her relationship with her sister, as well. You can see how it's deeply affected her, beyond just a sense of inadequacy, and also how it lead to her becoming this superhero Godmother figure.

So while Fubuki might not be as cool as Mumen Rider or Bang (to say nothing about King), she's interesting in the way her character tells us about the larger setting.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Schwarzwald posted:

I think you're selling her short. I find Fubiki's role as this half Mafioso half bancho gang leader figure fascinating for a few reasons. For one, it makes perfect sense that an occupation as violent as a professional hero would lead to such groups forming. For another, it speaks about the greater Hero Association that they would tacitly permit such groups. A a superhero street gang is also something that doesn't really have an equivalent in western comics that I can think of--at least, not one so transparent or played so straight.

I like her relationship with her sister, as well. You can see how it's deeply affected her, beyond just a sense of inadequacy, and also how it lead to her becoming this superhero Godmother figure.

So while Fubuki might not be as cool as Mumen Rider or Bang (to say nothing about King), she's interesting in the way her character tells us about the larger setting.

I didn't say she wasn't interesting I said she was the least interesting because I'd rather see what almost any other character is up to over her.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I would like to know more about the girl in blizzard group that isn't fubuki

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I would also rather see Lily over Blizzard

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
:same:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The green haired dwarf girl with psychic powers is the best girl

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zzulu posted:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Common Rider is the best waifu and if you don't have a body pillow of him then you don't deserve this manga.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Common Rider is the best waifu and if you don't have a body pillow of him then you don't deserve this manga.

He's in a committed relationship with justice, and I would never disrupt such a happy couple.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Christmas is coming.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Imagine FF8 (bear with me on this) but instead of a chrome lion phone charm dangling from Squall's gunsword it's that.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Say Nothing posted:

Christmas is coming.

Saitama doesn't smile. :confused:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

And More posted:

Saitama doesn't smile. :confused:

?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The bravery of the world's greatest hero made him smile.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I wanna know what's going on with Tank Top Girl.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Schwarzwald posted:

Imagine FF8 (bear with me on this) but instead of a chrome lion phone charm dangling from Squall's gunsword it's that.

Ultimecia would be impossible to beat in this version

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Eej posted:

Ultimecia would be impossible to beat in this version

The GF's true power... To show you...! Caped Baldy! Make them bleed!

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Zzulu posted:

She sucks bro, she's like the freaking worst, just an awful person. If you want a best girl I'd have to refer you fubuki.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Are we literally saying that jerk who messed up our homie genro is cool? Like, wow.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tornado is goddamn terrible and just kinda awful and a bad sister. She rules and is probably one of my favourite characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Tornado is goddamn terrible and just kinda awful and a bad sister. She rules and is probably one of my favourite characters.

:same: