Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
A "Serious Series" punch is not loving around. :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bomb-omb Texting
Sep 24, 2009
Holy poo poo. Serious Punch indeed.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
I can't wait to see how he animates the other serious series, though some of it seems pretty silly in execution.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Still, this was actually a pretty intense fight for One Punch Man. I mean, at least he didn't looked distracted th entire time.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Saitama will remember Boros's last zinger better than any punches he landed.

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jul 15, 2014

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Zero_Tactility posted:

A "Serious Series" punch is not loving around. :black101:

Actually, by the conversation he has with Boros at the end that's *exactly* what the Serious Series is.

Once again, remember the fight you just saw. That was still not Saitama giving any amount of real effort.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

So a Super Move Serious Series: Serious Punch is essentially Saitama throwing an actual punch with proper legwork and torso rotation rather than kind of lazily flopping his hand from the hip in the general direction of the enemy.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
ch35v3 in english

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/258244/onepunch-man_ch35.2-v3_by_nerieru-scans/1

edit: :eyepop:

Kuvo fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jul 15, 2014

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Bisse posted:

So a Super Move Serious Series: Serious Punch is essentially Saitama throwing an actual punch with proper legwork and torso rotation rather than kind of lazily flopping his hand from the hip in the general direction of the enemy.

Yup.
Still not really putting his heart into it though.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Bisse posted:

Yeah. It's a punch. With form.

This is why if he ever takes Bang up on his offer and learns an actual fighting style the consequences will be unimaginable.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

Shugojin posted:

This is why if he ever takes Bang up on his offer and learns an actual fighting style the consequences will be unimaginable.

He split the atmosphere with a single punch; the consequences are already unimaginable.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Shugojin posted:

But why would he when with his mere wavings of hands and standard punching can just deztroy everything?

Like he would willingly create a wider gap between him and the rest of creation.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Speaking of punching technique, I love this page: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/258244/onepunch-man_ch35.2-v3_by_nerieru-scans/13

He is punching like a child! Like, when I was 6 and got angry, I would just kind of run towards whoever it was and kind of wave my fists at him. Saitama is doing the same thing!

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
Every time AMR tells me a new chapter is out, but it's just the old chapter I get sad for about 2 seconds thinking it's a bug, but then I realize something magical as happened. That atmospheric punch. :stare:

For anyone reading One's original, do spoiler we lighty: do we ever see OPM get serious? Is there more crazy punching coming?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Punc posted:

Every time AMR tells me a new chapter is out, but it's just the old chapter I get sad for about 2 seconds thinking it's a bug, but then I realize something magical as happened. That atmospheric punch. :stare:

For anyone reading One's original, do spoiler we lighty: do we ever see OPM get serious? Is there more crazy punching coming?

There's a thread for the ONE version but

Not really and yes.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Punc posted:

I will not answer these questions but I will say that there are more moves in the "Super Moves Serious Series".

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Poor Boros, he goes all out and Saitama gets caught lying when trying to comfort Boros about him being serious. Heartbreakingly strong.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Genocyber posted:

There's a thread for the ONE version but

Not really and yes.

Now I'm reminded that it hasn't been updated in months.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Vire posted:

Is this the first time he didn't pull a punch on a villan?

Yeah everyone was wrong he is still pulling his punches. Thats how terrifying he is.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
Almost caught up with the most recent arc for ONE's version. I can't wait to see Murata's rendition of his next major fight, when he takes on a run and dash diner.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

jwang posted:

Almost caught up with the most recent arc for ONE's version. I can't wait to see Murata's rendition of his next major fight, when he takes on a run and dash diner.

Take it to the ONE thread.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
This is a good image for a desktop: http://img.batoto.net/comics/2014/07/15/o/read53c4efb468d03/img000026.png

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

I think I'm gonna steal that when I get home.

Piriwi
Feb 20, 2006
was bored...

Piriwi fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jul 16, 2014

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Piriwi posted:

was bored...

You should be bored more often.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Does anyone remember what chapter had Saitama holding shopping bags? I was thinking it would make a good stencil outside of a supermarket.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Piriwi posted:

was bored...

Welp. I changed my mind. This is now my desktop background image. Thank you sir.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Suspicious Lump posted:

Does anyone remember what chapter had Saitama holding shopping bags? I was thinking it would make a good stencil outside of a supermarket.

It was from chapter 22.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I would buy from a store named "chest hair shop".

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Matoi Ryuko posted:

It was from chapter 22.

Awesome. Thanks.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Is VIZ only offering Onepunch-man digitally? Is there no way to pick up a physical copy?

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Squidster posted:

Is VIZ only offering Onepunch-man digitally? Is there no way to pick up a physical copy?

One chapter had a gif in it at some point.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Death Bot posted:

One chapter had a gif in it at some point.

That was removed from the online chapter but the point stands since the Japanese tankobons remove a lot of the spreads or so I have been led to believe.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
Blitzed through the entire manga this afternoon. Murata is a goddamn beast. He spent a whole chapter on an armored dude landing on top of a building and it was glorious, all of his two pages spreads chapters would bring most of animation studios on their knees.
I really want to see this manga animated, only not by the guys who made that lovely Eyeshield 21 anime.

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009
New Chapter is up. It's awesome, obviously.

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/260984/onepunch-man_ch36_by_nerieru-scans

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
"Oh man, is Saitama alri- oh right, of course he is."

Genos. :allears:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Handsome Mask is such a dick.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Sweet Face Handsome Mask needs a Metal Bat to the face and shins.

Even though I knew it was coming I still felt lovely for the Aliens.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Holy moly, Sweet Face Handsome Mask is one rotten to the core mother fucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
You can tell that from the fact that his name is "Sweet Face Handsome Mask."