Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
On the subject of whitelisting ads it really depends on the ad network; if they are letting through nasty javascript bullshit (hint - most ad networks which allow js don't know poo poo about it) then it can be a legit computer security issue, plus even if you trust an ad network now you still have to worry about who they trust going into the future

Anyway One-Punch Man is awesome, and even the original art version is worth a look imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
I'd been meaning to read Onepunch-Man for a long time and I finally got around to it. It did not disappoint, even with how much it was hyped.

Re:adblock chat

There are sites I do feel back about blocking ads on but ads had their chance and they blew it. Too much malware in the past and even now all it takes is one malicious ad on a "good" ad network for a few hours before they fix it to get you.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Peep This Yall:

http://bato.to/read/_/269964/onepunch-man_ch37.2_by_nerieru-scans/1

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

The king engine is roaring.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
The art is so freakin good.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Awww, I feel bad for him, poor King :smith:

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

Soulcleaver posted:

The art is so freakin good.

And Murata find time to doodle while doing it!

https://www.ustream.tv/recorded/52035770#t=1h34m

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Known throughout the world! Chop people's head off to the ground! Angry eyes that frighten people! Dragon among humans, king of dragons... Manchurian Derp Deity, Ha Che'er.
I had wondered who got the credit for Saitama's pre-hero victories.

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
I still wonder how King got them bad-rear end scars :( .

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Punc posted:

I still wonder how King got them bad-rear end scars :( .
Nearly getting killed while trying to flee super-powered enemies?

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Slipped in the shower?

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
played too rough with a cat.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I kinda hope it does and at the same time doesn't turn out he has a split personality. On one hand it would be cool to see but cliche too.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Suspicious Lump posted:

I kinda hope it does and at the same time doesn't turn out he has a split personality. On one hand it would be cool to see but cliche too.
I think it's way more One-Punch Man to just have him be a coward.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
Superhuman levels of cowardice that wrap around to making you (seem like) a total badass is kinda cool.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

A guy ate too much crab, and so he literally turned into a crab monster.

This seems to be a universe where if you truly believe, it'll happen. The King only needs to believe his own hype!

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
It might be cool if there was some Planescape poo poo where the power of belief can physically change the universe in huge ways. It would certainly explain where Saitama's power comes from, though explaining it would ruin the joke of a guy gaining planet-crushing strength from doing 100 pushups a day.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's actually often a secondary troupe, once you learn you're immortal and unbeatable, you'll die.

Like a toon looking down after walking off a cliff.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Soulcleaver posted:

It might be cool if there was some Planescape poo poo where the power of belief can physically change the universe in huge ways. It would certainly explain where Saitama's power comes from, though explaining it would ruin the joke of a guy gaining planet-crushing strength from doing 100 pushups a day.

Not just 100 pushups.
Also 100 sit ups, 100 squats and a 10km run.

And three square meals a day but only a Banana as breakfast as well as no AC.

There doesnt need to be a reason for everything.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
There are far too many heroes who think they are much stronger than they really are. Even though biology is rather malleable in this setting, just desiring to be the strongest isn't enough to make it true. Heck, Saitama never really wanted such a remarkable level of power. He wanted to be stronger, not the strongest.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Serious Frolicking posted:

There are far too many heroes who think they are much stronger than they really are. Even though biology is rather malleable in this setting, just desiring to be the strongest isn't enough to make it true. Heck, Saitama never really wanted such a remarkable level of power. He wanted to be stronger, not the strongest.

Well he wanted to be the cool hero who shows up and ends it in just one punch. He got exactly what he asked for, it just turns out that it sucks.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Shugojin posted:

Well he wanted to be the cool hero who shows up and ends it in just one punch. He got exactly what he asked for, it just turns out that it sucks.

He just wanted to be a hero for kicks. I don't recall any mention of Saitama specifically wanting the ability to one-shot monsters.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Serious Frolicking posted:

He just wanted to be a hero for kicks. I don't recall any mention of Saitama specifically wanting the ability to one-shot monsters.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Ak Gara posted:

A guy ate too much crab, and so he literally turned into a crab monster.

This seems to be a universe where if you truly believe, it'll happen. The King only needs to believe his own hype!

King has a great poker face though considering he's been able to consistently bluff past the monsters and the other S-Class heroes. His reputation and the King Engine is a pretty impressive power in itself.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

It's so weird seeing him with hair. He looks so much younger. Also his eyes are different. And really most of his face...

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Shadow0 posted:

It's so weird seeing him with hair. He looks so much younger. Also his eyes are different. And really most of his face...

Keep in mind, after his transformation, Saitama is usually drawn cartoony as gently caress. I think Saitama with hair looks pretty similar to serious Saitama.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Is Genos' builder Dr. Stench a reference to Dr. Slump?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Boom!

http://www.mangapanda.com/onepunch-man/53

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Genos is looking good.

That rocketpunch, man.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Genos is bishonen Robo.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
I love how arm recovery was considered in the design of Genos' latest weapon system. This series is so good :allears:

Timid
Dec 13, 2012

It might be just me, but i really wanted king to be the real deal

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

Timid posted:

He is. Didn't you see what he did to that lizard monster?

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Timid posted:

Uwa, watch what you say! The King Engine is Roaring!

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Timid posted:

King isn't the hero we want, but he's the hero we need.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Nahxela posted:

Genos is looking good.

That rocketpunch, man.

It's a pretty great panel for showcasing the tone of the series if you ask me:

Saitama. :allears:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I lost it at Saitama just standing there watching the battle with zero tension whatsoever.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Am I the only one who makes sound effects with his mouth while reading this? Because it's the most mouth-sound-effecty manga I have ever read.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
It's only weird if you don't do the King Engine sounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012