Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I finally decided to read the manga and thought I'd just catch up to where the anime ended before bed and ended up staying up until 4:30am reading it until the latest chapter. Metal Bat rules insanely hard far more than I expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Pompadour = Excellent character. It's a rule.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I don't care about Fubuki at all. I'm hoping this Karate Kid turns out to be BLAST or legitimately strong, he's not an rear end in a top hat so he hopefully won't be one shotted out of existence early on by Saitama.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Mumen Rider is literally the most pure character in any series whatsoever. Karate Kid is at least on the Saitama Pals section of the rear end in a top hat spectrum.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Mystic Mongol posted:

Do you not know how shaggy dog stories work?

Boros wasn't really one and I am not saying he is Saitama level I am saying I hope he joins Saitama Pals. He is also A Nice Boy who wants to fight Saitama instead of a tremendous shithead so I hope he sticks around.

Tornado is the much better sister.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

So what exactly is the deal with the story etc. atm?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Sorry i wasn't clear, I meant with respect to what Murata is adapting and stuff. Is the ONE webcomic ongoing and far ahead or what's the deal between the two?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bored because he's so strong and sarcastic with the idiots he's surrounded by is who Saitama is though.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Saitama doesn't really think he's surrounded by idiots, though. He's strong as hell but it doesn't make him view other people differently.

He definitely thinks a lot of people e.g. Speed of Sound Sonic and Tatsumaki are pretty dumb.

e: Obviously he doesn't think the greatest hero of all time is an idiot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFNiI5t0Ueo

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Because as people they're up their own rear end, sure.

Someone like Genos, King, or Fubuki after the first time she shows up are fine though.

Right so I don't see why you're disputing that he's sarcastic with the idiots that surround him

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ha this guy is a tremendous poo poo it's great, looking forward to the inevitable frog in a well moment.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Sir we can't connect to the surface monsters as someone has been torrenting all morning and hit our bandwidth cap.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I haven't read ONE's webcomic but I don't really care about Garou from the Murata stuff tbh

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

dis astranagant posted:

You're in for a trip when Murata finally gets around to his arc.

Yeah I realised there must be loads to come because he has done very little in the Murata stuff so far other than get knocked out by Saitama and beat up a near dead Metal Bat. I did like that heroes found him really hard to deal with because he attacked them like humans which isn't a thing monsters do.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Iirc werent the first guys to reply threatening to beat him up.
Its a bit forced in order to keep saitama from being a recognized hero, and to showoff more of his character as an actually nice guy taking the 'fall' as it were so the other heroes save face, after all it really was next to no effort on his part.
And also to start off explaining the whole deal with hero culture and their public perception, where heros are tossed away if they only manage to hold off the monster instead of flashily defeating them, even if they risked certain death like Mumen Rider or took out nearly every other sea monster like the bamboo spear guy, and is the reason why the scene with sweet mask being interviewed is shown right after.

The Neet kicked off a sub arc is what Im trying to say.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

King and Bang know Saitama is peerless

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

For the most part Fubuki is a big dull dud imo

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fubuki is the least interesting of the main ensemble we have seen imo and as such I am deeply suspicious of anyone who thinks she is dah best garlllllllllo

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Baal posted:

Tornado is best and I will buy the Tornado nendo at some point.

Tornado is good because instead of being a sulk her first big moment was with the king of land monsters.

"You'll need a meteor to beat me!"

"Okay fine"

"what?"

BOOM

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Mordaedil posted:

Murata just likes big boobs and likes drawing big boobs.

Yeah like I don't mind that but it's weird to me when peoples' favourite is the boring big boobs and not the insanely rad and funny people like that man we call K I N G

e: She's not even interesting in a "doing her best despite being weak" context because of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFNiI5t0Ueo

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

gnome7 posted:

Absolutely. Like, every girl who is actually in his stories is really really good. Fubuki and Tatsumaki have a really involved and personal conflict, Tsuchi (Claw punch girl) is so cool and such a good role model, Tome is hilarious and gloomy, Mezato is driven and clever. They're really good characters who all have their own things going on.

It's just, there's only around 1 female character for every 12 or so male characters and I wish that ratio was less skewed.

Agreed

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Mumen Rider is unironically the most heroic character.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Schwarzwald posted:

I think you're selling her short. I find Fubiki's role as this half Mafioso half bancho gang leader figure fascinating for a few reasons. For one, it makes perfect sense that an occupation as violent as a professional hero would lead to such groups forming. For another, it speaks about the greater Hero Association that they would tacitly permit such groups. A a superhero street gang is also something that doesn't really have an equivalent in western comics that I can think of--at least, not one so transparent or played so straight.

I like her relationship with her sister, as well. You can see how it's deeply affected her, beyond just a sense of inadequacy, and also how it lead to her becoming this superhero Godmother figure.

So while Fubuki might not be as cool as Mumen Rider or Bang (to say nothing about King), she's interesting in the way her character tells us about the larger setting.

I didn't say she wasn't interesting I said she was the least interesting because I'd rather see what almost any other character is up to over her.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The bravery of the world's greatest hero made him smile.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Mystic Mongol posted:

If you've caught up on the ONE version, you can check out the popularity poll for the other version of One Punch Man. In the well drawn comic, slots 2 and 3 are taken up by the hottest woman and the coolest looking guy, Fubuki and Geno. In the ugly comic, those slots are taken up by the bravest hero and the other bravest hero, Common Rider and King.

Don't look up the poll if you haven't read the ONE comic, there's a ton of spoiler people in there.

I've never read his webcomic so I probably will after Mob Psycho.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

cmon man

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Mumen Rider is a C-Class but his spirit is beyond S-Class.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

there's no way tatsumaki would be bullied by a wimpy moltrey!
she can only be bullied by king, whom she lusts for (like all right thinking individuals)

Who is that? That man we call K I N G on the other hand...

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It did nail it imo

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I expected a overdone Raiden from MGS2 but it's more like a lobotomised pretty boy. Saitama sounds dece though.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Watchdog man he is so reliable!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I'm not sure if Watchdog man is actually that similar to Saitama because Saitama never came across as "like a monster" to me even when he was fighting Boros. Saitama seems bored Watchdog man seems like something far different.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Probably wrapping before the tournament imo

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Emperor of Dogmans

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I'm glad ONE is representing my body type in superhero comics

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Xarbala posted:

Not surprising that China and Japan aren't as pedantic about it.

It bears mentioning that in common usage most anglophones also mistake venom for poison, or treat it as a subset of poison and use poison as a catchall term. And for the average anglophone, the technical usage of the words won't ever be relevant except when cornered by a pedant.

Yeah poison and venom arguments are a great way to find out how insufferable people are. Child Emperor was going to eat the snake though.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

BLAST's power is like my posting

farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Watchdogman will own Garou until Garou starts making hoover noises.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Moltrey posted:

I was very much into Bone but then my friend Flashy Flash arrived

Yes very much this. The panel of Flash reflected in the giant octopus's eye while he stabbed it was great. Still as cool as all that was it dosn't take away the sting of not being the Garou Watchdog Man fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The ending of Part 4 is amazing