Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Genos is my favorite character and I love him, but the joke of him doing the most Main Action Hero Thing at the time, beautifully drawn/animated, only to get wrecked for it will never get old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Was wondering why Genos was even in this OVA aside from a goof and now I feel Genos and Fubuki are sorta similar characters in that they both have someone way more powerful than them in their life, but Genos sees that more as an impressive feat and a goal to reach, and also Saitama is way way cooler than Tatsumaki

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Saitama is very chill and encouraging with his roommate and friend, Genos while Tatsumaki is v. rude.

e: I keep getting weird You've Been Blocked errors whenever I post in only this thread and it's solved by me shortening my posts by a sentence. SA is finally rejecting my bad posts.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
That chapter was very good, Genos correct as always.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah, the tournament arc is in a really weird spot between the Metal Bat/Garou poo poo which was amazing and the next arc which is also loving amazing it just feels like a long purgatory

Sidenote: I re-read The Sea King arc recently and drat, is that some good poo poo. Everyone in top form, License-less Rider, Genos, Saitama, all being peak Hero, it's wild.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Waffleman_ posted:

The release schedule and format of Murata's version just isn't conducive to a tournament arc and boy is it showing.
thiiiiiiiiissssss

Not to sound like an obnoxious, broken record, but this arc sapped a lot of momentum out the story. I'm still interested to see where it goes, but boy howdy are we there yet?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

And More posted:

Since most of this isn't even part of One's original version I can only assume it's gonna be a while before any actual progress is made.
Yeah, I don't see it ending any time soon. I also don't envy Murata for having to draw the next arc because holy poo poo

e: Volume 6 of Murata's art also came out physically in English recently, first half of the Boros arc iirc. Even though there's only like four volumes left total, I'm really excited to physically own the King arc onward.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 15:26 on May 7, 2016

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Genos always stands out because he is a cool robot boy, hth

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'm not jazzed about this tournament arc, but it's aight. Any chance my beautiful boy Genos can fight monsters, rando no names or no, and win is good in my book.

Bad Seafood posted:

I like how the guy Snek beats up is basically just Mercenary Tao.
Really wish he had a KILLYOU! jacket

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
My only problem with One Punch Man is that there just isn't enough of Genos being strong and hot, but this chapter is a strong step forward. Really happy to see Genos being more cautious, as was his problem with Mosquito Girl and Carnage Kabuto. After seeing Genos get clowned on for the past couple arc, good to see he is very much deserving of that S Class. The Yamcha of OPM, he ain't (i still love yamcha)

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Yep. Plenty of pages, plenty happens and it's very well paced.

Genos the useless jobber is fine as he was, so while I don't mind him getting his time to shine in added parts like this, I don't really care to see him in the parts ONE has drawn because there are always a lot more interesting characters involved with those.
Oh for sure, there are def more interesting things happen than Genos, but he appeals to the dumb child part of my brain where I think he's cool as hell and want to see him win. It doesn't help Murata and the anime make him fighting look sick as gently caress, so anytime he's not getting worked out and being turned into modern art, I'm having a good time.

And he's still a player of interest in ONE's stuff, so it's all good

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

El Burbo posted:

extra extras

It's amazing how fast Metal Bat has gone from S Class rando to a fantastic character over like, ten chapters

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'm about to fill you all full of holes if you don't stop arguing about filler.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Baal posted:

I swear I heard Chris Sabat as Vaccineman in that trailer
He sounded like Piccolo so yeah you're probably right

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Really glad for this running gag of the guest experts the news gets don't know poo poo about poo poo.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
He beat Armored Gorilla flawlessly :colbert:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I've only read like 20 chapters of Mob, but it's good and the PV's are hype as hell, so yea watch it

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I dunno about watching the episodes in different order, but I sorta agree that starting with character who would be the protagonist in any other story is a thing ONE likes to do and the Genos' introduction chapters can also work as an intro. Mob Psycho 100 also does this too with introducing Reigen for half of the first chapter before Mob. Both Saitama and Mob (to a lesser extent) are just better when they have someone to play off of. OPM's first few chapters come across as a faster monster of the week sketch, and it's funny and a cool intro and a deeper look at the introduction of your main hero, but it doesn't HAVE to come first.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Genos is prepared to just murk Sonic, loving get him my dude

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/opm_anime/status/780029241769332737/photo/1

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
it's going to be two episodes of the King arc and then the rest is filler of King doing let's plays of dating sims

it's going to be very good actually

e: i literally cant remember the events or the order of them after Boros. There's like a fight with a Fubuki, and then Genos and Sonic fight too? that's all I got. Metal Bat is in there fighting a centipede or some poo poo. i have no idea, it's been so long, all of this information has fallen straight out of my brain. Mob Psycho 100 has devoured it all like it has devoured ONE's time

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Sep 25, 2016

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
There will not be a voice for Garou because he will not be in Season 2

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Baal posted:

please stop excluding garou from one punch man, Murata and One you cannot erase him from my memories
Garou is fading fast from my memories, Murata's Curse has taken me

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
My strong belief that we'll never get Murata Garou/Monster Association is not out of cynicism, but ad a limiter for my hopes

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
[extremely Murata voice] fubuki best garl

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i love fubuki, she has self esteem issues and depression she rules

it's weird that an ice witch is weaker than a pretty boy cyborg but that's the way it shakes out sometimes

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
If there's one failing of Mob Psycho, it's that there needs to be more of the Claw lady who can punch hella good

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
For me, it's that none of the cool ladies really do anything of importance. There are great arcs for Tatsumaki coming up, but even during the Boros arc, she just flings the shells back at Boros' ship which....doesn't do anything, it's Saitama landing on the ship that causes it to crash. Which I guess you could say is part of the Joke of OPM but meanwhile on the ground, it's a loving McDonalds playplace of boys as they fight that goopy dude in a sick rear end fight.

In Mob, the closest we get is like Mezato leading the Psycho Helmet stuff I guess? and that's cool.'

This kinda stuff is nothing new for manga or fiction really, so I'm not just calling ONE out here, but he has many cool, developed and fun women and I want to see more of em really.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
im gonna give her a noogie and arm burns. im gonna throw her into a locker

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I told you all we'd never see the Garou arc Murata version and it's because Watchdogman is ending it here

also goddamn Drive Knight and Pig God holy gently caress

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Watchdogman isn't like Saitama because Watchdogman is popular and cool.

Also I forgot I that love for how intimidating Pig God is and how creepy it is to watch him do his whole nasty nasty thing, he's actually pretty nice and a good hero

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

EmmyOk posted:

I'm glad ONE is representing my body type in superhero comics
me whenever I see Genos or Handsomely Masked Sweet Mask

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I was very much into Bone but then my friend Flashy Flash arrived

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Law Cheetah posted:

this arc is soooooo booooooring
*sees a hot guy show up and do cool poo poo*

"so boring"

what the heck

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

EmmyOk posted:

Popularity must count because Genos has done literally nothing but lose and somehow isn't the last rank.
hey he beat that G4 Robot that wanted to fight King, what the hell are Metal Bat and Tank Top Master doing?

he won't but Metal Bat should prob rank up after that centipede poo poo but Genos is Number 1 in my heart

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
King is so cool

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I kind of feel bad for Genos honestly.
He is a jobber whose purpose is to set the threat level for the arc. Saitama isn't really that interested in him, or anyone else besides K I N G on a friend level. Not that he dislikes people either, he just doesn't really engage with them. It's just kind of like he's superfluous because he can't fight so well and when Saitama wants to bro it up, he goes and hangs out with the strongest hero, K I N G.

Genos definitely wants Santana's respect and to be his bestie, but the competition is too fierce.
genos is trying so hard, i just want him to win anything god bless him

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'm on Team Fubuki and Team Apron Genos

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I forget a lot why this manga is good, great chapter.

Mumen Rider should try wearing a tanktop

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I lost it when i saw this chapter was over 40 pages.

it was a very good chapter

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Peach's Side-B is OP(M), pls nerf.
as a peach main, can confirm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i love Superalloy Darkshine

he wants everyone to look at his muscles and i do