Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«22 »
heroiccreampuff
May 29, 2012

penguins love soccer

Inazuma Eleven 2 Blizzard starts here!

Once there was a legendary team that called themselves the ‘Inazuma Eleven’. At the very peak of their fame, however, they disappeared…

Now one young boy, Mamoru, unknowingly dreams of following in their footsteps and challenging the Football Frontier with his own teammates.

The Inazuma Eleven may have faded into obscurity, their hopes and dreams lost to yesterday…

But today, today will belong to the ‘Raimon Eleven’! Let’s play soccer!

Let's Play Bullshit Magical Soccer! Inazuma Eleven

PLEASE read the rules on spoilers before posting!

What the hell is an "Inazuma"?
"Inazuma" is a Japanese word for lightning. Inazuma Eleven is a Japanese RPG series, made by Level 5 (perhaps better known for their Professor Layton series), about soccer for the Nintendo DS. The first game helped to spawn an animated series that eventually went on for 127 episodes and even had some whacky OVA movie. There is a sequel series, Inazuma Eleven GO, whose games and anime are both still going at the time of this writing. There’s also crossover games between the two for the Wii. This LP is partly being released when it is to celebrate the original Inazuma Eleven games being rereleased for the Japanese 3DS with improved graphics under the title ‘Inazuma Elevem 1-2-3: Endou Mamoru Densetsu’ this November.

A soccer RPG? So there's going to be a plot, EXP, random encounters, and that kind of stuff?
Yes. But with soccer. Despite the somewhat weird genre mixing of sports and RPG, Inazuma Eleven is a pretty fun game, albeit a little basic in some gameplay aspects. The successive games fix some of the lack.

What format will you be doing this LP in?
We're doing a video LP of this game with three people commenting. Most RPGs would be better suited for screenshots, but since this is a live-action sports game we decided that video would be best. Aggravating things like running around grinding for EXP and recruiting random players will be done off-screen after they've been explained in the LP proper. Most random encounters will be cut as well.

The top screen will not be shown because it almost never displays anything other than a map or a basic scoreboard. The only thing of interest that’s ever on the top screen is the character profiles, which we will be adding screenshots of under a section for characters.

Just who are you people?
I’m “the one doing all the editing and technical work” Heroiccreampuff. The other two commentators are “the one actually playing the game” Momomimi, and “here as the resident expert on real soccer” Nutfabulous. Expect us to forget to introduce ourselves. Also expect Nuts and I to sound interchangeable occasionally since we apparently occupy the same vocal range. Protip for distinguishing us: I know nothing about actual soccer and am far chattier.

Just what version of this game are you playing?
Here's where things get a little messy. There are 3 games in the main branch of the Inazuma Eleven series, which we'll just refer to as 1, 2, and 3 for the most part. 1 and 2 both got various European language translations but 3 was never translated officially out of its native Japanese. There’s an English patch of 3 in the works but it is largely incomplete at the moment; we intend to play all three games but we may end up playing 3 entirely in its native language depending on if the patch progresses any further.

Since we intend to play all three games, we eventually decided to use patching to switch the voicing and names in the first two games back to Japanese. We would like to emphasize that we are doing this for consistency with names; there are well over several hundred recruitable characters per game, and suddenly switching all of their names between 2 and 3 is confusing even to us and we don’t wish it on the audience.

This does, however, leave us with the strange situation where the characters are speaking Japanese aloud but the dialogue itself is written in various British accents for the first two games. Since we recognize that some people may dislike this or just really not want to listen to Japanese voicing when they don’t have to, with each update that contains animated cutscenes we will be uploading a second video containing just the cutscenes with the dubbed voice acting. Naturally this only holds for the first two games that have said dubbing.

IMPORTANT NOTE: We’re aware of the atrocious overlap between the Japanese and English subtitles, please bear with it because it only lasts for a few cutscenes. After that the Japanese hardsubbing disappears and you can actually read what’s going on. If it completely drives you up a wall, there are the British English cutscenes for your reading and listening convenience.

Will there be any sort of extra media in this LP?
Lots. We have most of the OSTs at our disposal and will be uploading a lot of songs to show off the surprisingly good music this series has. Some of the songs on the OSTs are technically from the animated series, but they’ve just been revamped a little from the song that appeared in the game. There are also a couple “character image” songs that we’ll include when they become relevant.

We’ll also post fanart of the series that we’ve found, but we’d like to encourage any viewers to take a stab at some soccer illustrations too!

Will there be any thread interaction or participation?
Since there are so many usable characters with multiple names depending on your translation, and then dozens of special techniques on top of that, all with varying levels of actual use, it isn’t realistically possible to take suggestions in the main LP as to what characters the thread would like to see used. Don’t let that stop you from making suggestions though; if we do get any requests we’ll strive to show them off in bonus videos!

Said bonus videos may use the Japanese sub or the British dub depending on whether Momo or I have what's been requested. Make your request with either the Japanese or English names and we’ll try to figure out who the hell you’re talking about. Please read about spoilers before making a request though.

As for regular questions about the game: go ahead and shoot. At least two of the people running this LP will be monitoring the thread and we’ll be happy to field any questions you may have. We can’t promise the bad puns will stop though.

What’s the rule regarding spoilers?
Don’t talk about characters, moves, or anything that hasn’t appeared in the main LP yet! We don’t care if you’ve played all the dozen or so games related to this series or watched the entire anime; if it hasn’t been mentioned by the game itself in the LP yet, restrain yourself. If you’ve watched the animated version and you’re not sure whether what you want to post constitutes as spoilers, PLEASE wait until the game has very clearly passed the entire story chapter where it could possibly be mentioned. If you’re still not sure, tag it. Don’t use this as an excuse to just tag something you know is spoilers though.

For character/technique/whatever requests: Please only post your request after the character/move you want to see used has become available in the main LP. IE: don’t make a post saying “I want to see Endou use the Something Really Neato Shot Mark II!” unless both the character, Endou, and the move, the Something Really Neato Shot Mark II, have been acquired in the LP. Characters and moves that are not part of the actual plot are fine to request if they've at least become available for purchase or recruit at that point. If you’re really unsure when a non-plot centric character or move becomes available(and we totally forgive confusion regarding this since there’s so many drat side characters and extra moves), then just make your request in spoiler tags.

Lastly: This LP is about the game, but if you want to discuss differences between the anime and the game we won’t stop you. Just don’t post spoilers and don’t completely derail the thread away from the game. Please respect the viewers who may know nothing about the series outside of this LP.

Alright everyone, Let’s Play Soccer!

Episode List:

Episode One: Let's Play ... Football?
Episode One B Side: Let's Play Football!

Episode Two: Recruiting Minions
Episode Two B Side: That Kid's On Fire

Episode Three: The Bullshit Magical Soccer Begins
Episode Three B Side: British Children Are Terrifying

Episode Four: In Which We Threaten Small Children

Episode Five: And Now We Have Dragons

Episode Six: Setting A Bad Example

Episode Seven Part One: The Shape of a Shocker Shoe

Episode Seven Part Two: A Match Full of Chickens

Episode Eight: The Super Secret Soccer Facility

Episode Nine: This Team is Probably a Terrible Metaphor for Japanese Education

Episode Ten: Out On The Town

Episode Ten Part Two: The Worst Team

Episode Eleven: The Geezer Conspiracy

Episode Twelve: Insert Star Wars Title Reference
Episode Twelve B Side: Does It Look Ominous Enough?

Episode Thirteen: Chasing Legends

Episode Fourteen: The Old Boys

Episode Fifteen: Ninjutsu Appears Less Effective in Broad Daylight

Episode Sixteen: Get In Line (to Punch Kageyama)

Episode Sixteen Part Two: The State of Today's Youth

Episode Sixteen Part Three: Sportsmanship is Still a Thing Kinda
Episode Sixteen Part Three B Side: Dark Isn't Laughing

Episode Seventeen: No Man Is An Island (Unless You're Simon & Garfunkel)

Episode Seventeen Part Two: This Match Brought to You By The Letter Z

Episode Eighteen: On a Scale of One to Ten, the Weird Just Hit Eleven

Episode Eighteen Part Two: We're On A Mission Against Gods
Episode Eighteen Part Two B Side: The Final Destination

Episode Eighteen Part Three: To Challenge The Girls Gods
Episode Eighteen Part Three B Side: Still Can't Pronounce "Inazuma"

The Ending.

-

Bonus Episodes:
Bonus Episode One: I Have Been Denied My Dream Team Name

Bonus Episode Two: Wild and Brain - Shot Techniques

Bonus Episode Three: Otaku Team Shots

Bonus Episode Four: Hissatsu Exhibition

Bonus Episode Five: On a Wing and a Prayer?

heroiccreampuff fucked around with this message at Feb 3, 2013 around 16:25

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heroiccreampuff
May 29, 2012

penguins love soccer

Raimon Team Members

Main Characters:

Optional Recruits:

----

Stuff The Thread Has Made:

"I may have a plan to live forever" says Crassus.

-

This is just like one of Captain Novolin's Japanese animes.

-

And ArcadePark posted an entire skit expounding on the sort of bullshit names one may find in Inazuma Eleven.

heroiccreampuff fucked around with this message at Dec 21, 2012 around 13:28

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Argh why do they keep saying 'WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH PEOPLE TO PLAY!' Seven is all that's required to be on the pitch, don't be sissy children.

I'll be interested to see how this game develops.

EDIT: Just watched the 2nd video. You guys missed a couple of football references in there. You need somebody who actually knows soccer

His grandpa talks about being able to stop the 'Hand of God', which is a goal scored by Diego Maradona in the '86 World Cup

The guy that demands you recruit him last also demands to wear the number 10, which is traditionally reserved for the 'playmaker' on a team (coincidentally the number Maradona wore as well)

And the rule don't differentiate between any of the field players. The rules don't give a poo poo if you're a forward or a defender, you can be basically wherever you want. Its actually quite common to see defenders go forward to help with the attack on set pieces, as far forward as the goal area even, since they are usually the tallest players on a team.

Blackmage Yapo fucked around with this message at Nov 16, 2012 around 06:49

rubythunder
Feb 20, 2011

Huh. I've always wondered about this series. Definitely seems like something I'd enjoy so it's probably cheesy as hell or some such. Was it just me or did Kazemaru's sprite walk "faster" cause that would probably be some attention to detail then wouldn't it?

Dapper Pepper
Mar 25, 2011

Holy crap, I never thought I'd ever see an Inazuma LP ever, much less the intention to play three of them--good luck with all of that. I'll be following this.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

Blackmage Yapo posted:

And the rule don't differentiate between any of the field players. The rules don't give a poo poo if you're a forward or a defender, you can be basically wherever you want. Its actually quite common to see defenders go forward to help with the attack on set pieces, as far forward as the goal area even, since they are usually the tallest players on a team.

When it is said in the video that "defenders are not supposed to go past the half-way line" it could refer to the fact you can't play people offside in the opponents half. The defender should not push the defensive line further since it doesn't help in this regard.

'Supposed' meaning "good tactical decision" rather than "following the rules".

Tazzillekki
Nov 11, 2012

Holy poo poo. The way the sprites bob up and down all willy nilly with complete disregard to what other sprites are doing is driving me nuts! Would it kill them if they made the bobbing have a universal timing instead of based on when the previous animation ends?

About the actual gameplay, when I read anime soccer video game, I instantly thought of this. That was an awesome game.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

Who wants a hug?

This should be good. Will it have the same plot as anything about sports coming out of Japan ever?

FillInTheBlank
Feb 24, 2010

Japan does play Rugby, never heard of them playing American Football though so it probably was the Rugby club in the Japanese version as well.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Tazzillekki posted:

About the actual gameplay, when I read anime soccer video game, I instantly thought of this. That was an awesome game.

Do you like Captain Tsubasa?

Do you like Touhou?

Do you like ridiculous super-powered kicks?

Then Touhou Soccer is for you!

Verbose
Apr 22, 2006
Thanum an Dhul, do ye think I'm dead!?

Where can I get a jumpsuit with a big fuckoff zipper like that?

heroiccreampuff
May 29, 2012

penguins love soccer

Blackmage Yapo posted:

Just watched the 2nd video. You guys missed a couple of football references in there. You need somebody who actually knows soccer

His grandpa talks about being able to stop the 'Hand of God', which is a goal scored by Diego Maradona in the '86 World Cup.

The guy that demands you recruit him last also demands to wear the number 10, which is traditionally reserved for the 'playmaker' on a team (coincidentally the number Maradona wore as well)
If it consoles you, Nuts starts ranting about actual soccer around the fourth video. We have the first few recorded and commentated on by this point.

The number 10 thing we knew, but not the Hand of God bit (at least personally for me). If you want to stick around and school us on soccer trivia in the thread we'd be more than happy to have you!

Wooper posted:

When it is said in the video that "defenders are not supposed to go past the half-way line" it could refer to the fact you can't play people offside in the opponents half. The defender should not push the defensive line further since it doesn't help in this regard.

'Supposed' meaning "good tactical decision" rather than "following the rules".
That was in fact what Nuts and I were talking about, yeah, although Momo might've misinterpreted it.

Tazzillekki posted:

Holy poo poo. The way the sprites bob up and down all willy nilly with complete disregard to what other sprites are doing is driving me nuts! Would it kill them if they made the bobbing have a universal timing instead of based on when the previous animation ends?
Glad to know I'm not the only one who finds it incredibly distracting.

Also christ you people only posting after I go to bed. But seriously thanks for the comments. Wasn't sure how this LP would fly on SA.

I'm uploading the Teikoku match right now. If you liked Captain Tsubasa, you might like some of the crazy you're about to see.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Some high quality Anime Hair (tm) going on in these games.

This game seems really unique and pretty fun. Also seems like creampuff is going to a lot of technical effort, so thanks for that!

I'll be following this thread for sure.

EDIT: Oh and that Arcana pun. Oh god.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at Nov 16, 2012 around 16:45

heroiccreampuff
May 29, 2012

penguins love soccer

Episode Three: The Bullshit Magical Soccer Begins
Episode Three B Side: British Children Are Terrifying

-

And that’s the end of Chapter One of the game, and the last of any animated cutscenes we’ll be seeing for quite a few videos. Which is less videos for me to futz with per update.

Which gives me time to upload some music for your listening pleasure:
Teikoku Academy is Here!
Teikoku Academy is Here! ~ Death Zone

As well as pictures of our intrepid idiot hero:

I should start putting up profiles over the weekend, so check the second post occasionally for those because I may totally forget to mention when I've updated it.

heroiccreampuff fucked around with this message at Nov 17, 2012 around 03:37

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

I'll have you know, foxes have the finest call in nature

Blackmage Yapo posted:

That's a good story, actually.

Brazil is a country with a very strong tradition of doing things haphazardly. Legend says, at the start of the 1958 World Cup, the Brazil national selection was hanging around in the dressing room, the shirts just arrived from having the numbers stitched on their backs. No one had figured yet who'd get which number, and so the coach did a draw and distributed the shirts randomly among players. This one kid got the shirt with the number 10. I'm sure you know who I'm talking about.

The thing about Pelé is that he's loving Pelé. He'd go on wearing the number 10 for the rest of his career and to immortalize the shirt as the symbol of the quintessential football player.

Ever since then, the shirt with the number 10 is associated with an awesome player (not necessarily the playmaker). If you're unremarkable, you just don't get to wear 10. There's an entire mythos about being the "Player 10" of a team; I assure you, since 1958 it's not coincidental at all that a player wears this on their shirt. The funny thing is that it came about because of chance.

ImperialGuard
Jan 10, 2010

Wow, the thread title sure doesn't lie. Bullshit Magical Soccer indeed.

I don't watch a lot of anime, but this has got me thinking. Are all (or most) shonen anime this -worthy? Because man, stuff like YGO and Beyblade sure are/were pretty wacky.

Tazzillekki
Nov 11, 2012

Oh dear god! Xenoblade Chronicles flashbacks! Make it stop..

ImperialGuard posted:

Are all (or most) shonen anime this -worthy?

Yeah, pretty much. So far, this has been standard anime bullshit with nothing really "out there" compared to other shonen stuff. At the end of the day, it's still cartoons targeted to 10 years so you can't really expect much.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

It'll work out somehow.

I've seen all of the anime, but almost no exposure to the games. It's surreal how Gouenji flinched at Endou's radiant stupidity. I didn't know Gouenji had the facial muscles for that.

Sudden Javelin
Jul 6, 2009

Man, I was hoping to tackle this one day. Interesting that you've decided to go for full video, I imagined a hybrid with videos for matches would work best, but I could see all video working well too.

I've basically had exposure to the games that came out in English and none at all to the anime. As I played the first one I could instantly tell it'd be made into an anime eventually, especially considering that Level-5 like to branch out in that way with their franchises.

Will be watching with interest. Probably criticizing/praising your playing too!

TheJayOfSpade
Jun 21, 2012

Not just the gold standard, the Booster Gold standard.

I actually watched a few episodes of the anime, I knew there was a game, but I didn't know it came first. All I really remember is that the theme song was catchy.

heroiccreampuff
May 29, 2012

penguins love soccer

Level Slide posted:

I've seen all of the anime, but almost no exposure to the games. It's surreal how Gouenji flinched at Endou's radiant stupidity. I didn't know Gouenji had the facial muscles for that.
I didn't know he even had facial muscles until I played the game.

Also funny fact: it was after seeing your avatar on the forums that I thought of getting an LP together for Inazuma Eleven. You're indirectly to blame for this!

Sudden Javelin posted:

Man, I was hoping to tackle this one day. Interesting that you've decided to go for full video, I imagined a hybrid with videos for matches would work best, but I could see all video working well too.

Will be watching with interest. Probably criticizing/praising your playing too!
Hybrid would definitely be a great option too, but a bit harder to work out with a three-person commentary system. So far we've had enough to say between the three of us that I feel the time spent running around isn't too boring. And Momo's playing, not me, so criticize away!

In other news, someone on youtube pointed out that the dub version of episode 3 was missing the pre-match cutscene with the soccer nazis, so a new version of the episode has been uploaded and the links are updated to reflect that. Because we all needed to hear more of Mark and Jude talking I guess.

As an apology for the fuckup have a picture of Rastahair with penguins:

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

It'll work out somehow.

heroiccreampuff posted:

I didn't know he even had facial muscles until I played the game.

Also funny fact: it was after seeing your avatar on the forums that I thought of getting an LP together for Inazuma Eleven. You're indirectly to blame for this!

Oh wow. I might be the catalyst, but you're the one doing Endou Soccer Jesus' work.

Captain Novolin
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

I'm glad to see an LP of these, my sister got me into the anime but I could never get my head around the games themselves. Endou is one of the biggest idiots ever, but you can't help but end up loving him

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

It'll work out somehow.

My favorite part about Endou is that he's Naruto but better.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Damn it, It's all your fault!

Level Slide posted:

My favorite part about Endou is that he's Naruto but better.

Now you are going to tell me that as a Goalkeeper, he can make clones of himself to block the whole goal post.

No, seriously, that would be the best ability a goal keeper can have in this game. It would make this "bullshit magical soccer" bounce back to awesome.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

It'll work out somehow.

I meant more in terms of personality rather than ability. That said, the structure of bullshit magical soccer is such that a goal post clogged with clones can still be broken through.

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

I'll have you know, foxes have the finest call in nature

I like how this is bullshit magical soccer as opposed to good old run-of-the-mill magical soccer, which would be Captain Tsubasa, I guess?

Author-Man
Oct 14, 2012

To be fair, Kingdom Hearts has a pretty wonky concept of Light and Darkness as well.

Seriously, though, a soccer JRPG complete with levels, special techniques, and random battles. Japan
So, this is a DS game, right? Does anything ever happen on the other screen? I assume not or else you'd have included it.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Bwahaha, Axel Blaze... I know the Japanese names are just as punny, but still... and then the drama-truck flashback, with all the subtlety of one...

This /is/ a parody, right? A loving parody of over-the-top-sports-anime? Because if anyone on the writing staff wrote any of this with a straight face...

Edit: Why is a man in a trenchcoat allowed to hang out at a primary school watching the athletes???

Elfface fucked around with this message at Nov 17, 2012 around 20:59

Captain Novolin
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

The first game is probably the most sane of the three. There's a reason it's bullshit magical soccer.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

Who wants a hug?

You know even my lovely school at least kept the weird old hobos out. This is what happens when you divert resources from hobo security to providing one student with her own throne!

Elfface posted:

Bwahaha, Axel Blaze... I know the Japanese names are just as punny, but still... and then the drama-truck flashback, with all the subtlety of one...

This /is/ a parody, right? A loving parody of over-the-top-sports-anime? Because if anyone on the writing staff wrote any of this with a straight face...

Nope, this is perfectly in line with sports anime plot wise.

Younger siblings usually die from one of two things in anime 1)trucks and 2) Non-contagious diseases that are never ever specified.

paragon1 fucked around with this message at Nov 17, 2012 around 21:01

heroiccreampuff
May 29, 2012

penguins love soccer

Author-Man posted:

Seriously, though, a soccer JRPG complete with levels, special techniques, and random battles. Japan
So, this is a DS game, right? Does anything ever happen on the other screen? I assume not or else you'd have included it.
Yep, it's a DS game, and I think I mention in... the next video about the top screen. But it's normally just a map screen, or even completely blank, so it's pretty useless and would clog up the videos more than anything. Only useful facet of it is the character profiles, but we'll be listing them here in screenshots for your viewing convenience.

Level Slide posted:

That said, the structure of bullshit magical soccer is such that a goal post clogged with clones can still be broken through.
Aye, any ridiculous special technique, by nature of the series, has some other special technique that can beat it. Now I'm going to be tempted to answer all questions with a parody of that Apple commercial.

There's a Hissatsu for that.

Also, here's a bonus clip to show off what the wi-fi team emblems look like, which the game prompts you to select right after chapter one:
Bonus Episode One: I Have Been Denied My Dream Team Name

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

Why is my hair purple? It's from the blood of everyone that lost a bet against me.

...You know, Natsumi doesn't seem too bad so far. Most of her speeches are calling the main character out on doing stupid and questionable things like stalking people. Or not even bothering with training the team until you have a match in the near future. She's also provided them with the information that her family has some sort of vendetta against them, which they were apparently unaware of until she told them.

The most bitchy thing she's done so far was tell them "you'd better not screw up this match too badly or the club's going to wind up disbanded." And then there's the cinematics, wherein the little cutaways of her seem to indicate that she was hoping they would pull off something like that in the first place.

Right now, I'm tempted to call her a double-agent more than anything else: She's expected to act like she's opposed to them publicly due to this unknown family vendetta, so she can't really act in their support too much. However, at the same time, she knows of the secret power hidden within Bullshit Magical Soccer and intends to use it for her own unknown ends.

...Crap. Am I really overthinking Bullshit Magical Soccer? ...That's... probably not a good sign of anything. Too much Dangan Ronpa, I suppose.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

I have a special ability. The ability to remove humor out of any joke.

Here, let me demonstrate. Just look over to the right.

I didn't know this was a game. Looks great so far.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

I'm curious how character development is going to wind up working. Like, Fire Emblem style, where it's all front lines all the time, or can you take breaks to grind out a few levels in practice somehow?

Author-Man
Oct 14, 2012

Well, there's random battles, apparently. I'm assuming that you can level up your mans by playing a few of them.

I'm... not really sure how there are random battles in this, though.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Damn it, It's all your fault!

Author-Man posted:

Well, there's random battles, apparently. I'm assuming that you can level up your mans by playing a few of them.

I'm... not really sure how there are random battles in this, though.

Macro-wise, friendly matches. Micro-wise, tackling, stealing, feinting, shooting etc.....

I think?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

A loving soccer team getting almost literally a Final Fantasy villain entrance is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

That made me smile after a tremendously rough day, thanks for sharing this.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse

This game can't get LPed fast enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heroiccreampuff
May 29, 2012

penguins love soccer

Profiles for the initial 12 members are up. I left them at the native DS screen resolution to conserve space for other things, but if anybody seriously has trouble reading them let me know and I'll mess with the sizes.

Next update should be tomorrow! Or tonight maybe.

«22 »