Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ryoutarou
Nov 6, 2009
Holding up her hand that held the leaves, she'd purse her lips together in thought. She had caught them so easily, not that this was some amazing feat. But how she did, she had heard the whispers of the wind and listened to their guidance almost instinctively.

"How strange.." she muttered softly to herself.

Raising her hand back up with a look of focus she'd listen intently to her surroundings for the whisper once more and let the leaves go to watch them dance again with her head tilted slightly.

Ryoutarou posted:

Oh boy this sounds fun! Also I am the only one without a real picture? :smith:

Name: Lilian Grandpré

Image: Stands at five feet and six inches in a confident stance. She light red hair, she keeps it in an upwards pony tail that allows the end to fall
down over her head. Her bangs are kept simple and short as to not obstruct her striking green eyes.
She has fair skin with a light amount of freckless across her face. Her build in slim and muscular,
not at all taking away from her feminine form. She is wearing an ivory blouse that stops at her thighs, a

pink sash tied around her waist, a scabbard of white leather, red leggings, knee
length boots of polished black leather, and a dull grey hooded cloak.

Birthplace: Taeless

Backstory: The daughter of noblemen, Lilian lead a comfortable life. Unfortunately, she rebelled against

their views, being fascinated by the romantic swordsman lifestyle. As she grew older, she sought tutors

to teach her how to fight, in spite of her parents disapproval. After many dissatisfying results, she

eventually found a teacher who taught her combat as a dance.

Qualities:
Mortal:
+4 Dance: Learning to dance was one of the few things she was greatful that her parents made her do.
+4 Swordsmanship: Using her parents money and influence she found herself a teacher for a short time.
+2 Charisma: She has had to learn to act a certain way within the company of others.

Foible:
-2 Low strength and Endurance: She isn't as strong as your average person due to her health and is
frail and can't exert herself to much at any given time.

Divine:
+2 Windflow
Ever since the starfall she has felt a connection to the wind, able to make out slight differences in the
wind and allowing herself to adept to the situation whatever it maybe.

Personality:
She's a quite person who spends most of her time in thought, this doesn't stop her from speaking her

mind when needed. She is humble enough despite being raised in a wealthy family and is in love with

stories about honour and epic fights.

Ryoutarou fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Nov 18, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryoutarou
Nov 6, 2009
Lilian Grandpré of Taelos

Lilian would lean against the window seal as she focused on watching the wind dance around freely. A smile started to form across her face as she spun around and raced towards her wardrobe and pulled it's doors open, she quickly dressed herself and tossed her ivory night gown into her wardrobe before shutting it.

She then walked over to a desk that had a weapon rack on it, it contained only one weapon, a slightly curved longsword it was sheathed in a white scabbard that had several various gem stones adorn across it, the colors were red, blue and green. A symbol of her family crest she was told.

Grasping at the scabbard and lifting it off the stand, she would run the fingertips of her right hand across the leather scabbard and towards the hilt which she would grasp tightly as she unsheathed the blade.

Closing her eyes she thought back to what she the sword had been named when she had requested it to be forged for her. "Wisp". The sword only had one side sharpened, this was to compensate for her low strength and endurance. Not being able to wield a double bladed sword very effectively.

Sheathing her sword she would attach the scabbard to her waist and head towards the window, she could see the wind and it was time to practice to what effect. Climbing onto the window seal she'd look around for something near by to leap too, it had to be close due to her physical limitations.

Having spot a possible jumping path she took several steps back and focused on the currents of the wind, she'd then take off into a sprint and ran with the wind to boost her running speed and jump distance.

Windflow +2, gonna use this to parkour across the rooftops.
-Low endurance and strength -2. Anything that involves her having to climb or using physical strength

Ryoutarou fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Nov 24, 2012

Ryoutarou
Nov 6, 2009
Lilian - The Rooftops somewhere in Taeless

Being caught off guard from the housewives yelling she would lose her balance just as she made another leap. "Ahhhh!" she let out a short scream as she fell towards the ground.

Desperately trying to focus on her new found abilities she would try to slow the decent of her fall towards the rapidly approaching earth. Landing awkwardly she would continue into a forward tumble and falling flat on her face, sending jolts of pain through her body.

"Owww..I can't believe I fell.." after a few moments she pushed herself up off the ground and stood up. She met the gaze of a tall man dressed in a blue uniform that the city watch wore. She cursed her luck mentally. "Uh yes?"

+2 Divine: Wind Flow - Lessening the impact of the fall.

Ryoutarou
Nov 6, 2009
Lilian de Grandprč - Streets of Taeless

"Testing a theory." she claimed after taking a few seconds to catch her breath and to calm her racing heart. "I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience." she said with a smile on her face. Already she was focusing more on using her new found powers. "If I could bother you not to follow me I dare say I have more to test, good day." she gave the guard a polite curtsy.

It didn't matter if the guard listened to her or not. She wanted to move and explore and the consequence of running from the guard had not passed through her mind due to her excitement.

Charm +2: She was polite to the guard long enough to distract him before.
Divine: Windflow +2: To create a slip stream in order to outrun the guard quickly.

Ryoutarou
Nov 6, 2009
Lilian de Grandprč - Streets of Taeless

Looking straight a head she ran, she just had to lose the guard that was chasing her and quickly. Her strength was dwindling rapidly from all the extended physical activity that she was currently involved in. If not for her new found powers she knew she would of collapsed long ago.

Quickly she moved towards and ally way and ran down it, gasping for hair as she felt the rest of her strength exhaust. Leaning down she put her hands on her knees and took in several deep breaths of air, completely unaware of her surroundings.

"What, you big idiot how did you let a girl slip by!" a short man wearing a black hooded cloak lectured another man who had to be at least seven feet. The tall man's appearance was ghastly, his face was thuggish and had many scars all over and dimwitted eyes, while his companion had a pale complex with his facial figures hidden by the hood.

The big man responded in a slow voice "Sorry boss."

Confused by what was going on she looked around the ally. She noticed another man beaten and bloody on the ground as well as a large supply of crates. "Ummm..I wont tell anyone so just.."

"Grab her you fool." she small man hissed quickly to his partner.

Low strength and Endurance -2: Having just run what was a marathon to her, she is quite tired and slow to react to the big guy wanting to grab her.

Ryoutarou
Nov 6, 2009
Liliana - Taeless (A cell)

Not choosing to answer the other female right away, she was instead looking around and taking in her surroundings. Her nose stung from the awful stench and the sounds of men confused her further. "Down here?..Ah, hm.. I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.."

She stood up and patted herself down, making sure she still had her sword and that her clothing had remained in tact.. She didn't have any form of identification with her nor and coin to worry about. She then started to look for a way out finding that pointless she finally turned her attention to her cellmate. "So where are we? I have some vague I idea, but I wouldn't mind being proven wrong."

Ryoutarou
Nov 6, 2009
Liliana - Taeless (Taelos Arena)

"I was afraid of that." she didn't sound to afraid however. She looked for a place to sit real quick and then clapped her hands together and rested them in her lap. "I may not look it but I am trained in the art of the sword and I dare say no brutish man will be able lay a finger on me." she said as confidently as she could.

Right now she had to conserve her strength and stamina and to hope she would not be forced to fight consecutive fights. "Though I suppose I shall have to limit myself due to your earlier warning, I shouldn't enjoy living the rest of my life here." she let out a sigh and stood up as she heard the cheers subsiding, meaning her turn was coming soon.

Ryoutarou
Nov 6, 2009
Liliana - Taeless, The Pit

She got up when it was near her turn and picked a sword that looked as if it could be drawn from it's sheathe quickly. She pulled it out of the scabbard and felt the weight of the blade and gave the sword a few quick swings. Happy with her choice she attached the scabbard to her hip and returned to waiting, knowing it was almost her turn. "Do to well and fight forever? I hope it doesn't come to that." secretly she was now hoping someone in the audience was going to recognize her. But she doubted that would be the case, since this was one of thoes types of fighting pits.

Ryoutarou
Nov 6, 2009
Liliana (Taeless, Taelos - The Pits

Wrapping her arms around her stomach as the terrible sensation washes over her being. "The wind is wrong.." she'd look around completely forgetting about her current situation.

The snarl of the angry dogs brought her back to life as one lunged to crunch it's teeth around her throat. Her hand grasped at the hilt of the sword she had chosen and in a quick fluid motion the blade would slide forth from it's scabbard, the end of the hilt aimed to smack the dog in the face. Following up the pummel strike, she twisted her body and took a step forward to ram her shoulder into the dog's body.

Her sword was pushed back into it's sheathe as she regained her footing after body slamming the attacking dog away. She'd start to sway back and forth gently, finding her rhythm within the wind. "Being in the pit works to my advantaged..I wanted to try this." with a stern grin, she took a step and drew her blade in a single wide arc towards the first dog, the blade wasn't meant for her art, but she had the wind to make up for it. Feeling the blade bite the flesh of the beast she brought her blade back and sheathed it all within the same motion of her draw.

"Oy oy, I've drawn first blood, so I expect you'll have a better time of killing them while they're distracted with me." she called out to her companion as she kept swaying back and forth, watching the first dog she had attacked, and listening to the vicious snarls of the other circling dogs. "Fine if you're not going to go on the offensive, I shall have too!"

She took several light steps forward and drew her sword once more quickly, her blade aimed at finishing off the dog she had attacked already. Her's was a style of counter attacking, and defensive tactics. So if she was to leap into the fray the wounded target was it.

Swordsmen ship +4: Did her pummelstrike do anything meaningful? Did her slashes connect with vital spots? Probably.
Dance +4: Swaying back and forth is the start, it helps her keep herself ready to act with out tiring movements.
Divine: Windflow +2: Gotta dodge and attack faster to make up for lovely sword
Low Endurance and Strength -2: Body checking something like that was prolly not smart, and her slashes don't hold much strength.

Ryoutarou
Nov 6, 2009
Lilian - Taeless, Taelos - The Pits

Breathing heavily she'd swing her body around to face her opponent. "I suppose they are waiting for..us to go at..each other now?". Her voice was strained as she struggled to keep a calm composure, she didn't feel exhausted but she could feel her lack of stamina already taking it's toll on her. "You can see I wont... go down easy, and I expect they.. want a blood bath then?"

Her hand gripped the hilt of her sword firmly as she glanced from side to side, watching the audience but still keeping her focus on what was likely her next target. With an innocent smile she'd slide her left leg back and arch her right leg. The wind blew through the arena causing her pony tail to flutter in the breeze as she listened to the quite whispers hidden within.

"Hahahah, just kidding~!" she'd drop her stance and scamper on over to the silent man and held out her hand to meet his "We did good, let's give them a flourish and be on our way~"

Charisma +2: Body language is important, got to give off an air of victory for the spectators to enjoy~
Also seems I accidentally started using Liliana, a more common name I use, sorry for the inconsistency.

Ryoutarou
Nov 6, 2009
Lilian - Somewhere on the Ocean

Groaning Lilian got up off of her bed, she wasn't sure just how long she had been out for this time. "Now where am I...rocking, the smell of salt water..ahh the ocean?" sitting up she'd look around her room in a half awake daze.. "Is anyone there? Where are you taking me NOW?"

Ryoutarou
Nov 6, 2009
Lilian

comprehension flashed across her face as she started to process what was being said "Others like me? I am not quite sure I understand what you mean." she closed her eyes and focused on listening to the sounds of the ocean, taking in it's salty smell and falling into the rhythm of the waves.. "I suppose playing ignorant would be pointless. I'm afraid you wont learn much off of me however, as I am as in the dark as you are. But I a sure you I have not done a thing wrong and by now my family is looking for me..so if you'll take me home." she let out a pained sigh, knowing full well she was not going to be took home.

Ryoutarou
Nov 6, 2009
Lilian - The great seas

She closed her eyes as she thought about what was said. She could go home yes, and she could be captured..and with what the lady had said there were more like her.. "Nay I think I shall remain then, there is a risk that I could get attacked at home, and that would be putting my family in danger." she'd rock her body from side to side as her thoughts kept processing. "Someone who may know how to better control their powers then I, no less.. Okay, I've decided, I'll stay until I can fully control mine."

Standing up from her bed she'd place her finger on nose in thought "Did you happen to claim a sword that belonged to me, before I was brought to the arena? It was quite important..also where are my manners" she'd flash a small smile as she fluidly performed a graceful curtsy "Lilian Grandpré, nice to meet you. We're on the ocean right? Would you like me to demonstrate my gift a bit?"

Ryoutarou
Nov 6, 2009
Lilian - At Sea somewhere

Closing her eyes she'd begin to visualize her sword in her mind, "It's in a pure white scabbard, decorated with three gems embedded at the top of the scabbard, a ruby and sapphire overlapping each other and an emerald resting at the top cut into a shape of a moon, the end of the scabbard is capped in gold. The hilt is covered in a soft grey cotton that is woven into a diamond shape and the pommel is made round and out of bone, painted a light shade of green.." paused for a moment to catch her breath, she'd vividly recall the weight of the blade and how much she missed her it, after having to use the crude weapons of the arena.

"The blade was made out of a darkened steel, it had a very slight curve to it that was almost unnoticeable, it was about arms length and it had helix shaped cross guard.. My blade had a name, I called it Wisp." a small smile formed across her face as her eyes opened slowly. "Do you need to know more?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryoutarou
Nov 6, 2009
Lilian - At sea

With a nod she'd reach out to take her blade and gripped it firmly in her hands with a smile. "It was my teacher's blade before he departed." her fingers would trace across the stitching if the hilt before she'd draw it out, pulling the scabbard away with her other hand. "Since you've helped me; shall I show you what I can do?"

Sheathing the blade and attaching the scabbard to her waist she'd make her way towards the deck of the ship, her steps light and her body finding a rhythm within the currents of the wind. "I haven't tried something quite as direct, but since using my abilities as much as I have in the arena, it shouldn't be to difficult."

She'd continue to sway back and forth, but she'd use her hands to grasp and swung her arms around fluidly in wide arcs that would match the movement of her steps, summoning the wind to surround her body and make tresses of her light red hair float around her form. After a quick twirl with a sudden stop she would direct the wind to push the ship they were on forward at a great speed.

With an inaudible giggle she'd turn around with a huge grin on her face. "Sorry mama, papa.. I promise I'll let you know I'm alive and well soon.. I've always wanted to travel and now I will."

+4 Dancing: This is a thing she does when doing stuff like this
+2 Divine: Windflow: Let's push this power to it's limits.

• Locked thread