Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Vanthos the Bookseller-Basement of the bookshop

It's all Vanthos can do not to collapse in exhaustion or be overcome with joy. He's done it! Now, finally, when the borders between the worlds are weakest, he has succeeded in rending the walls between the planes and calling a creature from beyond. He wants to sing, he wants to dance, he wants to sleep, but he knows that he can not, for he is in as much danger now as he was before, if not more. For the creature has been summoned, but the creature is a being of will, of power. It needs to be controlled. If Vanthor can not do that, he risks his life.

So he forces himself to exercise control, forces himself to have the will to dominate, and addresses the being. "Creature from beyond the veil, I have summoned you. You are in this world upon my sufferance! I thus command you, by the Black Goat of Tullia and the great pact upon which all reality is bound to name yourself and give me your service! If you fail, I shall cast you out into the darkness between the worlds, where you shall live an eternity of agony!" He says the ritual words.

Trying to identify and control the creature. Scholar +4 to identify it, Magical Summoning +2, Persuasion +4 to control it

pre:
Name Vanthos the Bookseller

If you walk down the Street of the Scholars, near the Great Library, in the city
 of Eisos, you may come across a small, fairly nondescript shop.  If you enter,
 you will be warmly greeted by the proprietor, who will invite to peruse one of
 the many books and scrolls located throughout the establishment.

This is Vanthos, and you are in his shop.  The family of Vanthos has owned it for
 generations, serving the library and university.  More than simple merchants, but
 less than scholars, as booksellers, they hold a special place in the city.  While
 he lacks noble title or official position, Vanthos can boast that his family 
serves the University.  And it is so.

If you go up the stairs of the shop, you will come to the second story, where 
Vanthos lives with his wife and the one child of his that is not yet grown and 
married.  A happy family, you would think, one at peace.  And you would be right.  
Of course, you will not be allowed up the stairs, for friendly as Vanthos is to 
his patrons, a man's home is his home, and not to be entered into by strangers.

If you were, instead, to go downstairs to the basement, you would see quite a 
different thing.  Oh, no doubt, much of what you see would not surprise you, for 
it is the thing you see in many a basement.  Extra inventory, books in need of 
binding or repair, a scribe's desk for copying, a safe in which Vanthos keeps the 
shop's valuables, a flask of date wine to keep Vanthos happy during his work.  
These are all things one might expect to find in a shop of this type.  

But if you were to cast aside the curtain at one end of the basement, unlock the 
padlocked door you find there, and enter the now open room, you would find 
something very different.  For Vanthos, like his father before him, is a 
demonologist, who has studied the magical arts of summoning demons and other 
creatures from the other planes.  Your heart would chill when you discovered 
this.  For, is not demonology forbidden, by the order of the Phaerach himself?  
Indeed, you would call for the guards.  But, you will not see the room.  No one 
but Vanthos sees the room and lives afterwards, his only guests there the 
sacrifices he uses to seal his dark pacts.

So buy your scroll and go.  Be not fooled by his broad grin, his ingratiating
manner.  It is all but a seeming.  Go and thank whatever gods you believe in that 
your business with Vanthos was on the ground floor, and not the basement.  

-Mortal Qualities-

+4 Scholarship-Vanthos, while not a member of the university himself, is a
 bookseller, and he is familiar with the works he sells.  He is literate, has a 
good base of knowledge, and knows how to research what he does not know.

+4 Persuasion Vanthos is a salesman, and a good one too.  He's talented at 
persuading others to do what he wants

+2 Perceptive  Vanthos is always aware of his surroundings.  He can read 
situations and people and find out what the angles are.

-Divine Qualities-

Supernatural Power: Magic: Demon Summoning +2 

Demonic Prince +2

Good Luck +2

Metals +2

-Foible-

[b]-2 Demon[//b]

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Aug 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Vanthos

"The Black Goat of Tullia, which guards the..." Vanthos slumps. "I'm not good at this. My father was a demonologist, and when he died, he left me his material. But I've never successfully done this before. Please don't eat me and destroy civilization, giant eyeball!"

Persuasion +4 to try to get the giant eyeball not to eat me and maybe to make me better at this?

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Vanthos: Basement in Eisos

Vanthos sighs, and goes back to the books his father left him to see if he can find out how to properly summon and control creatures from beyond. Lighting a candle, he sits down at the desk in his basement and begins to read, taking careful note of the procedures, so that he'll do better next time (and not be eaten).

Researching how to summon and control supernatural creatures. Scholarship +4

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Vanthos

Vanthos sighs. "Oh, Father. . ." he thinks, and cradles his head in his hands. The man was so vain, so impetuous, so desirous to "be someone", so eager to remind Vanthos that they weren't merely shopkeepers, they were shopkeepers to the University. "Father, what did you do?" He sits for a moment, thinking, and then swears an oath to himself. He will do what his father could not do. He will take control of the forces of darkness and use them for his own purposes. He will be master. He will.

Revitalized, he goes again to the circle, and tries once more to summon a creature, this time an imp, something he knows he can summon and control.

Summoning an Imp. +2 Summoning

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Vanthos-Basement

Vanthos looks at the imp, and the imp looks back at Vanthos. He has succeeded. He knows from his studies that the most important thing is confidence. He steels himself up and says, "Imp, I am your master. I have summoned you here to do me a service. You will submit to me.", he says, entering into a battle of will with the creature. As he understands it, from his studies, imps are some of the weaker of the denizens of beyond, but still can be dangerous in their own right. And he knows he'll have to break the will of this one before he can give it commands.

Trying to dominate the demon. Using persuasion +4 to try to win it over, with scholarship +4 helping by helping me recall what I know of imps, and of course, Summoning +2 to keep the gate open and me protected.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Vanthos

The smart thing to do is close the link, of course. The smart thing to do, maybe, is to burn his father's demonology texts and go back to selling romance novels to bored housewives. That would be the smart thing. But he can hear the promise in this voice; the seduction. He knows that this thing will be able to help him succeed and thrive. Will there be a cost? Undoubtedly. Will it be more than he gets? Probably. But still, to get anything that will help him break out of this life...this place. That has to be worth something.

"What do you want?", he asks the voice.

Talking to the voice. Finding out what the deal is.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Vanthos (Eosia, Eisos)

He wanted power, certainly. But to do that. To kill his family? Is that something he could do? Is it something he SHOULD do? He thinks about how his wife and son are drains on him, how they're holding him back. But he has other memories too. He remembers his wife as a young woman, on their wedding day. He remembers holding his newborn son in his arms. Those memories sit side by side with these new ones.

"I have to. . .I have to think on this. I have to consider it. But if I take you up on your offer, what do I do? How should I do it?" At that point, he remembers the Imp. "Can I use this being to contact you? What should I call you?"

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Vanthos (Eosia, Eisos)

Vanthos stays downstairs a long time. A long time. He's thinking. About his family. About the voice, and the hunger in it. But mostly, he's thinking about the power. He wants it. He needs it. He's willing to do anything he needs to to get it.

So that's it, then. He's committed. The demon said that the imp would aid him if he needed it, but he felt a need to do these killings himself. So, he sharpens a knife. He loves his family. He can at least give them a clean death. And he's done enough studying of medical textbooks to know that a sharp blade to the carotid artery provides a relatively quick and painless death. So, he leaves the imp in the basement for now.

That night, he makes love to his wife. It's something they haven't done for a long time. There's no particular reason they haven't. It's just that you get busy and tired, and used to each other. But that night, he romances her like he hadn't for a long time. Then he waits, until she sleeps, lying next to her in bed until her breathing gets heavy and regular and she stops moving. He gets out of bed, but that doesn't wake her. She's sleeping heavily enough. Then, he goes out and gets the knife. He comes back, puts his hand over her mouth, and slits her throat. "For Balsataroth.", he whispers as her eyes open and she struggles to scream. But she's too weak, and she dies.

Then, he goes into his son's room. The boy's sleeping. He thinks back to the child's birth, and the first time he held his son in his arms. The men of Eisos, as a rule, were not affectionate with their children, and did not spend too much time with their young children. But this boy was different. After three daughters, he had almost given up hope of an heir. This was his legacy. Proof that his name would not die with him. Someone to teach and who would take over the shop after him. The boy was his hope.

He slit his throat, and then ordered the imp to take care of the bodies.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Vanthos Beltheus

Vanthos is overwhelmed by the sensations and shuts down for a minute, then, when he comes back to full understanding, he's different, changed. He floats...no, stands, even though it is on nothing, next to Balsataroth, and he is filled with both love and envy. And beyond both is an immense hunger; a desire to take all things into himself. He had had arthritis in his wrist, a dull pain that was always there under the surface, something he was never fully aware of but which always impinged on him. That was gone now. He knelt in front of the Demon Lord, and took the creatures oversized hand in his.

"My Lord", he croaks. "I am Beltheus, and I give you my service", he says, kissing the hand of the great Demon Lord. "Order me, and I will obey."

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jan 26, 2013

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Beltheus-Hell, His store, and a bar.

Beltheus smiles a cruel grin, and then steps back into his basement. Making sure the portal is invisible to prying eyes, he then transforms himself back into the form that the man called Vanthos was. This should, at least, convince the public that he had not changed. And really, had he? Oh, his form was different, and his abilities greater, but Beltheus felt like he hadn't changed so much as awakened the potential already inside him. He finishes cleaning up in the basement, and then heads to the pub. He has work to do. His new master had made it clear. His power, and indeed, his continued existence, depended on the number of souls he recruited and empire he built for himself. This meant finding those who he could convince or manipulate. And where better to find the hopeless and desperate than in a bar? He realizes this is perhaps low hanging fruit; that these are easy "marks", and he likely wouldn't gain the power that he would if he had corrupted someone of stronger will.

Still, he might be able to find a diamond in the rough, and, as the old saying goes, "all big things start small.". He may not win the Pharaoh over tonight. But, he hopes, this will give him experience and raining in his new situation. So, he goes to the bar...not the local bar where everyone knows him and where the alcohol is diluted with camaraderie and goodwill towards mankind. Instead, he travels to the poor section of town, and looks for the seediest, most desperate place out there.

Concealing the portal and regaining my former shape. [+2] Demonic Duke to do it. Then, going to the most run down and pitiful bar in town, one where I can, hopefully, lead them into hell.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Beltheus-The Tavern, Eisos

Beltheus closes his eyes for a minute and absorbs the atmosphere of the place. It excites him. So much potential, so much despair, which means so much hope. His eyes flick over potential servants, as he approaches the bar. Taking a seat, he tells the bartender, "Some date wine.". Then, seeing the eyes of the whoremaster look him over, says, "And one for him." Sliding money out on the bar, he asks the bartender, I need someone to do a job. Somebody smart, somebody clever, and somebody who's willing to do what has to be done without wringing his hands about it. You know anybody like that?" He slips another coin onto the pile. All the while, he extends his senses toward the two men at the table near him, trying to look beyond their outward appearances and discover what they really are, and if they will be suitable tools for his needs.

Trying to read the souls of the two men at the table, trying to find out about them, who and what they are. +2, Demonic Duke. Also buying a drink for the pimp and pressing the bartender for info. Persuasion +4 for that

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Feb 13, 2013

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Beltheus (Eosia, Eisos)

Beltheus nods, and says to the bartender, "If you find someone, send him to me. I'll be speaking to my friend here.", and he gestures to the man he's singled out. "Be so good as to buy him a drink, please."

Drink in hand, he goes to the two men, and focuses on the larger. "Friend", he says, his voice honey, "I have a deal that may be of interest to you, if we could speak. . .privately?" He smiles, and the smile is like ice, brittle and cold. "I think you'll find it's in your interest to agree." The words have a hint of threat, but nothing overt.

<Man> "What sort of interest?" The man replies and you suddenly notice there are daggers visible you couldn't see a moment ago. He's not holding them or anything, but you're now aware that they're there.
<Beltheus> "Something that can give you power over others, wealth, if you want it, luxury. Something you'll miss out on if you try to use those weapons you're holding."
<Man> "I'm not *holding* anything stranger." He says with a straight face, bringing his hands up. Given the way he does though you get the impression he could grab the daggers in a flash should he need to.
<Beltheus> Beltheus smiles. "Of course not. But let me ask you. What do you want? If you could have anything, what would it be?"
<Man> "For people to stop asking me stupid questions." He says bluntly in response. "What's your game stranger? What do you really want?"
<Beltheus> "If you wish to be direct, we can be direct. My name is Beltheus. I find myself in a new position, one of importance, and I need an assistant. I think you may be suitable. Are you interested? I can make it worth your while."
<Man> "Fine, how much are you paying me and what am I doing?" The man seems to think you're hiring him for something illegal. Not too far from the truth in a way.
<Beltheus> "You will recruit for me. You'll find individuals willing to swear loyalty to me. Individuals who don't let their sense of ethics get in the way of doing what they have to do. In the event that I require them for something, I will communicate with you and you with them. You will speak for me. Your word will be mine. As to what you get, you get their service when I am not using it, you get the power to decide their fates, and you get a piece of my power, as well as enough wealth to keep you more than comfortable. Is this satisfactory, or do you need more?"
<Man> "Is violence involved?" He asks matter of factly.
<Beltheus> "It may be. Is that a problem for you?"\
<Man> "No. I like violence." He says with a slight tightening of the lips that might be a smile, perhaps.
<Beltheus> "Good. Myself, I neither like nor dislike violence, but it can be useful. IF you like it, feel free to indulge. I have no objection to those who serve me having their own hobbies."
<Man> "Fine. Show me some real gold or whatever and you have a deal. I'm not gonna work without proof you can pay." He says bluntly.
<Beltheus> Beltheus takes out a single coin. "Here. You see that dice game in the corner? If I'm familiar with the rules, the best throw is triple ones, is it not? Put down a single coin and roll triple ones on a throw, you get fifty back? Take the coin and play. Let this show you that I can provide for you."
<Beltheus> (Using Demonic Duke to influence his throw so it comes up triple ones)
<Man> "A single coin? We're done." He says starting to turn away.
<Beltheus> "Fine. As I said, I admire your directness. But I'm not such an idiot to bring money here. IF you want it, you'll have to come with me."
<Man> "Okay. Try anything funny or betray me and I'll kill you." He says flatly.
<Beltheus> Beltheus takes him to his home.
<Beltheus> "If you will wait a moment, I will get your pay."
<Man> "I'm coming with you." He says without even asking for a reply.
<Beltheus> "Fine. But do not be alarmed by what you see."
<Beltheus> Beltheus calls the imp to him
<Man> The man seems surprised, but not alarmed.
<Man> "Didn't realise you were a wizard." He replies with a wary look.
<Man> "I can throw one of these before you finish a spell." He adds.
<Beltheus> He addresses the imp. "On the street of the artificers, by the broad palm tree, is the shop of Hekhet the jeweller. You will go into his shop, under the counter, where he keeps his stones, and take two rubies, and then bring them back here to me."
<Beltheus> "You shall do this without being detected"
<Man> The imp comes back about half an hour later, two sizeable rubies in each hand.
<Man> The creature gives them to you and backs away, grovelling piteously.
<Beltheus> "Good, now go out of my sight until I need you!"
<Beltheus> "Is this sufficient payment for now?", he asks the man.
<Man> "Well, you've proved you can pay I suppose." The man says with a shrug.
<Beltheus> "So your orders?"
<Beltheus> "Then let us begin. Swear your service to me, and I will give you what you need to carry out my instructions." He holds out his hand.
<Man> "Fine. I swear to serve you as long as you continue to pay me." The man says in a tone that clearly says he doesn't care about this one bit and will break his word if you stop paying him.
<Beltheus> "Two rubies a month?"
<Man> "I can pawn those off I guess." He agrees non-committaly.
<Beltheus> Beltheus summons his power. The oath was sworn, the contract agreed to. It is time. (Using Demonic Duke to bind him to me and transform him into a demon.)

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Beltheus

"Excellent. Rise, Arhuon. Find others who will serve you and me", Beltheus laughs. "Together, we shall be a force like the world has never seen. We shall extend our reach throughout the universe and make the heavens themselves tremble! But be careful. Remember to wear a disguise if you enter into the world of men. Now is not yet the time to make the rest of the world aware of us."

He turns to the imp, cowering in a corner. "Clean this place up! It's getting disgusting." Then he goes over to his bookshelf and pulls down a world map. Laying it out on the desk, he puts his hands on it, trying to force his power through into the map, so that it can highlight the locations of other souls who might make good candidates for corruption...those individuals with a demon's heart. Because, he knows, like calls to like.

Trying to create a map that will show me where other candidates for demonhood are. Demonic Duke +2

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Beltheus

Beltheus holds the map in his hands and grins. This will be useful. He looks at the little dots scurrying around the map like ants. "Look at them all", he says, salivating a little bit in spite of himself. So many souls to take. So much for him to grab. He glances over at the Imp, who is greedily licking up the dried blood from the floor. Typical little mind. Despicable little thing.

Trusting Arhuon to go about his tasks. he steps through the portal that separates this dimension from Hell. He enters the strange plane and is buffeted with sensation and chaos of the raw planar energy. Focusing on the area around him, he shapes it, mentally seizing the chaos around him and reshaping it into a tower, infinitely high, in the center of the maelstrom of chaos. Good, good. This was just a beginning. He knew he possessed the power to shape and reshape this place according to his will with no real effort. Nodding, he returns to the real world.

He steps through the portal, and the chaos of Hell is replaced with the mundanity of Eisos. The imp is still cleaning, Arhuron still preparing to leave (for, he was gone but a minute, and time passes differently in Hell than Eisos). As Arhuron is about to leave, he says, "Wait." Then, raising a clawed finger, he slits his own arm, letting blood and ichor out onto the table. He passes his hand over the pool of ichorous blood, and it crystalizes and hardens. Picking it up, he grinds it in his hands into a fine powder, which he then pours into a bag. He hands it to Arhuron, saying, "Here. Give this to those in need of pleasure or release. Let them feel the pleasure of my presence.

Making Demon Dust, a narcotic that will provide temporary pleasure, but also sap the will and make their souls easier to corrupt. Demonic Duke +2

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Beltheus

A source for more of the dust. Hmm. "Come with me", he says, as he grabs the cowering imp and carries the screeching thing through the portal into hell. Once they're there, he hangs the creature from a post, and slits its belly open, Not paying any attention to its screams, he watches as the blood starts to pool out and drop towards the ground, to be transformed along the way into the dust, and he puts a container underneath to hold the material.

"There," he explains to Ahruon, raising his voice to be overheard over the imp's yelling and moaning. "I have enchanted the process so that the imp's blood will turn into the dust we need. I know that you're concerned that this is a very small imp, and we need a lot of dust, but don't be, for part of the enchantment means that the imp will never die on the pole, no matter how much blood we drain from him. And as the imp is a naturally servile and vicious creature, that will make the people who use the dust that much more corrupt and so better serve our purposes."

Making a fountain of dust. Demonic Duke +2. I had originally had in mind a quick, simple, and nonpainless method of dust creation, but after thinking, went with this instead.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Beltheus

The opportunities were endless. Beltheus felt them, and was just sorry that there weren't more of him. Reveling in the thrill of the suffering of mortals, he reviews his options, but quickly decides to focus on the most promising of them. He feels Davos's rage and knows he can use him. But first, there was a prayer, and he would answer it. He would give this Imperial priest the power he craved.

In the guise of a hooded monk, he appears before the priest in his chamber, a nimbus of light around him. "Greetings!', he says, "I am Beltheus. I have heard your prayer and come to fufill your prayer. I can give your emperor the power he needs, if he will agree to it."

The Priest is thrown a little off balance, and not sure he isn't hallucinating.

"I am here because you summoned me. I have heard your prayer, for power for your master, and I come to grant it.", Beltheus repeats.
"You...what? How? What?" > The gears in the Priests' head are turning, but he's playing a bit of catch up.

"I am known in this realm as Beltheus, and I am here to help."

"Beltheus...I don't know that name. Help how? There is some...peasant-" The word is almost spat out. "-that has powers of magic we've never seen. How are we supposed to stop that?", asks the priest.

Beltheus is obviously contemptuous. "Your master rules the land and all the people in it. Is one peasant too much for him? I can give him powers, powers that this land has not seen. Strength, wisdom, pussiance in battle"

The priest seemed to consider this for a moment.
"IF only he will agree to worship me.", Beltheus adds, almost as an afterthought.

The priest frowns. "You do not appear all that much, can you offer proof of this to me? It is my neck on the line should I propose heresy to him."

"Heresy? What have your old gods done?", Beltheus challenges. "Do they have anything that compares to this?" Beltheus sheds his old skin, and appears in his demonic glory.

"Sun gods ashes." The man says his eyes widening, his jaw dropping and stepping back a little. But, one does not rise quickly in the hierarchy of the church without being cunning, ambitious or at least a suck-up.

"What...what would you ask of me-us-him, in return?" The priest asks. "How would one worship you, uh, Lord Beltheus?"

"You will find my worship easy and light. I am, after all, reasonable. What do your current gods demand?", the demon asks.

The priest considers his words and answers. "A tithe from the people of course, prayer in the evening, holy days in their honour...some are more devout on this than others of course. But, it is really a way for the temples and the Emperor to control the people. They have power because people give us power." (The priest was obviously not entirely stupid then to realise this.)

Beltheus smiles. "You have hit on it, then. In the end, all things are about power. What is your name, priest?"

"Hekatos, uh, my Lord.", the priest responds.

"Well, Hekatos, I see no reason the function of the temples can no go on much the way they have. Do you?", Belltheus suggests.

"Well...aside from the rioting crowds and rebelling Magisters. Or...do you plan to give us magic as well?" He asks, trying to figure out exactly what the demon is getting at. Maintaining the status-quo seems well enough but it's kind of falling apart right now.

"I will give you and your lord some of my power. And then we will set things right.", the demon proposes.

"I...I think I would like that very much my Lord." Hekatos replies with only a momentary pause. But it seems like the dust and his natural greed and scheming eroded any resistance to dealing with a Demon.

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Apr 10, 2013

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Beltheus

Beltheus has had success with the Emperor, but there's also Davos to deal with. He hates. Beltheus is comfortable with hate. And he suspects this Edo is his enemy. So, if he can turn Davos to his side, he could be a powerful servant, or at the least, tool to stop Edo. He hunts down the man, trying to focus on his hatred, his resentment...all that is a beacon to one such as Beltheus. Yes, this man was his. He just didn't know it yet.

Beltheus appears before him. "Hello, Davos. I'm Beltheus, and I'm here to give you what you want." He holds out a package of Demon Dust. "Oh, not this. This is just a gift for you. I'm here to give you the power to defeat your enemy. I'm here to give you your revenge against Edo Blackwater." He smiles.

Talking to him. If he's willing, demonizing him. +2 Demonic Duke, +4 Persuasion

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Beltheus

Beltheus, in pain and confused, flees back to Hell. Things were bad. He thinks as he sits in a room on the top of the Infinite Tower. Things were very bad. He was being hunted, at least by this Edo, and maybe by more beings with levels of power like his own. And there was a new presence in the world. A wrongness. Something perverse, alien, and strange. And he was weak right now. He was vulnerable, the demons he created, while full of potential, still weak and inexperienced. His mind turns to thoughts of escape. Something, at least, that will strengthen his position. Perhaps another gate to the Mortal Plane. That way, the connection would be less vulnerable. And there was a whole other continent that had not seen his presence.

He begins warping the stuff that connects Hell to the land of mortals, and, by weakening the barrier, hopes to create another doorway.

Demonic Duke +2. Opening a new portal in Val Aman.

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Apr 18, 2013

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Beltheus

Beltheus stepped through the portal and gazed at the scene. He noticed the strange spiderlike creatures as they observed the priest with hungry eyes, and he took in the confusion and fear on the priest's face. With a snarl, he sent bursts of black flame at the two beasts and watched them scream and pop as the fire consumed them utterly.

With them dead, he turns to the priest. "Have no fear, Father, you are safe as long as I am here. But what are these things? And why have they invaded this church?"
<Nenji> The priest looks visibly shaken by what has happened, and by both Beltheus and the dead spider creatures.
<Nenji> "They...they were people. Before. There was a plague and...there was medicine...but those who grew sick and took the medicine became those...monsters." He said shuddering visibly.
<Beltheus> "Father, are you all right? Here, take a little bit of brandy." He holds out a flask
<Nenji> "They...they feed on people!" He cries out a little hysterically.
<Beltheus> "You're safe with me. I won't let them hurt you."
<Beltheus> "Do you know who provided the medicine? Was it a man named Edo?"
<Nenji> "They ate the alter boy." He whispers, tears falling down his cheeks and his eyes wide. "They wrapped him up and ate him. He screamed so much. So much...so much..."
<Nenji> The priest right now seems a little out of it, Beltheus probably needs to either smack him and startle him out of his trauma, or calm him somehow.
<Beltheus> "Father! I know you're frightened, but if you want to get out of this, you have to snap out of it! Trust me, I know what it's like. My wife and son were horribly murdered."
<Beltheus> "But, you have to grieve later."
<Nenji> "Right...right...um...you asked who gave the medicine? I don't know. The alchemists stocked it, although I think there was one in particular who got it first."
<Beltheus> "I might be able to help you, but I need to know what you want and what price you're willing to pay for your desires to come true."
<Nenji> "I do not know this Edo you speak of though."
<Beltheus> "Who? What was his name?"
<Nenji> "I don't know. I didn't think about it at the time."
<Beltheu> "All right. We can figure that out later."
<Beltheus> "The portal I've come through. We can take it to get you to safety. Do you want that?"
<Nenji> "Um." He says, looking behind you at your demesne.
Beltheus thinks, and the plane turns into a garden
<Beltheus> "Better?
<Nenji> The man visibly relaxes a little.
<Nenji> "Yes...I think....the Gods have forsaken this place. If I remain here all that is left for me is to be eaten."
<Nenji> The priest shudders again, an impressive display on his round body.
<Beltheus> "Good. Then come with me and we'll talk about what you want to do next."

They step through into the cool and relaxing garden.
<Nenji> "I feel a little...strange." The Priest says as he steps into your realm.
<Beltheus> "You've just had an unnerving experience. It's natural to feel strange."
<Nenji> "What is this place, and where is it?"
<Beltheus> "That is a complicated question. This place is my home, and it exists somewhere not in the world we have just come from."
<Beltheus> "Tell me, Father, what does your religion say about the universe?"
<Nenji> "Well, the Father spun the Sun from the Void and the Mother gave birth to the World. Then the Son shaped the World and all made the creatures who lived upon it. The Mother gives birth to us, the son keeps us until we die, when the Father takes us into his care in the afterlife."
<Nenji> "Those who are pious will know peace and plenty,
<Beltheus> "And those who are not?"
<Nenji> "While those who are lax in the piety, or even sacreligious, will face further hardships in return for their sin and unfaithfulness."
<Beltheus> "It isn't my religion, but for all that I know, it may be true. I know that those who choose to serve me come here after they die. Undoubtedly with the permission of the Father you speak of."
<Nenji> "Wait...am I...dead?" The priest asks confused.
<Beltheus> "I don't believe so. This is my place. Anyone can come here if I let them, living or dead."
<Nenji> "But...who ARE you then?"
<Beltheus> "I brought you here so that we can have a safe place to talk"
<Beltheus> "A friend, I hope. Someone who wants to help you. Who wants to give you what you want. I have different names, but you can call me Beltheus."
<Nenji> "Beltheus...that sounds like Belenar, Saint of Apothecaries." The priest murmurs with a frown.
<Beltheus> "So, what DO you want?"
<Nenji> "I...uh..."
<Nenji> The man sort of flounders.
<Nenji> "What do you mean?"
<Beltheus> "Well, I feel that I was drawn to your church for a reason. Maybe it was just to save you from the spider creatures, but maybe there's some other reason. I sense in your great potential. Clearly, you're a man gifted by your Father. I can help you develop those gifts, if you let me."
<Nenji> "Gifts...potential...I'm not sure what you're talking about. I wasn't Head Pontifex, but it was just a matter of time for waiting for the old fool to die until I was. I had food, money, an estate...all I did was make sure people were happy and did what I want, or were scared of what I'd make happen if they didn't."
<Beltheus> "An admirable life."
<Nenji> "Never let it be said I had it easy, I worked hard to make things happen for me."
<Nenji> The Priest doesn't seem to realise he is speaking quite so freely.
<Beltheus> "Of course. And you were rewarded for your dilligence, as you should have been."
<Beltheus> "That's the way of it. Those who are worthy and work hard get the power they deserve."
<Nenji> "What about you Beltheus? How did you come across this power?"
<Beltheus> "As many do. I showed one greater than I that I was worthy of being his servant, and he rewarded me."
<Nenji> "Is that what you want? For me to serve you?"
<Beltheus> "Do you wish to? I can make you powerful. Give you things you want. But you know as well as I do that nothing comes without a cost. Nothing is free. I could make you Head Pontifex if you desire it, or something else. Something you desire more."
<Nenji> The Priest thought about this long and hard.
<Nenji> Then very quietly he says,
<Nenji> "I do not wish to die. I am weak, I fear that there is nothing that waits for me. The Father, The Mother, The Son...none have ever spoken to me. Are they even real? I am plagued by doubts and fear that when I die I will simply disappear."
<Beltheus> "Many have those doubts. Even religious men doubt. I can promise you that, if you enter into my service, you will not die of age, or disease. You'll have stamina greater than that of ordinary men, able to survive injuries that would kill even a strong man. You may die of misadventure, or if you're foolish. Know that I won't protect you from your own stupidity. But I promise you this, I am real. I will speak to you. I will have a place for you. Does it serve?"
<Nenji> "Why not? Everything I had in Val Setin has been taken by those spider things now. I have nothing and no one else to turn to. So yes, I will do what you say Beltheus."
<Beltheus> "Then take my hand."

And with that, Beltheus infuses him with his power. As their hands touch, the priest seems to change. While he still is, by all outwards appearances, an old man, there does not appear to be any more weakness in him. He radiates vitality. More than that, though, he radiates conviviality and trustworthiness. This is a man you can tell your secrets to, one who you want to take into your confidence. He's so obviously kindly and wise, and full of good advice.

Beltheus smiles. "My servant Ochsbright. I have given you power over men's minds. Yours is the gift of illusion and charm. People will see and hear what you wish them to see and hear, think what you tell them to think, believe what you tell them to believe. No secrets shall be hidden from you, and mankind's deepest shames revealed, for you to do with as you will. Go forth in my name. Win yourself followers and servants and grow in power."

His benediction done, Beltheus watches Ochsbright go back out through the portal, the spider creatures no longer a danger to him. Beltheus follows, his goal to discover the source of these creatures, and what dark brilliance is behind them.

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Apr 26, 2013

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Beltheus

Shaking his head at the thought of the Spider God and his strange creatures, Beltheus leaves Val Aman to them and heads to Taelos, in the hope that somewhere in Taeless, there will be individuals or groups more subject to his persuasion.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Beltheus-Beltheus's Domain

As Civar and Ilvis question Ochsbright, they see a bearded man approach, wearing long red robes inlaid with silver thread and holding a wooden staff. He sees them, and his eyes flash with anger. "You would come into my home and molest my servants?! Get you gone from this place, and do not return except invited!" With that, he waves his hand, and the two of them find themselves back on the streets of Eisos.

"My dear Ochsbright. I hope they have not distressed you too greatly. I must travel to Taelos, but call on me if you have any need." And with that, he's gone.

Beltheus-Taelos

Taelos is a city based on trade, and in such places, there is power and opportunity to take it. Beltheus looks around the city. Some of the merchant houses are successful, and others...less successful. He looks for one that is old, was respected and great once, but has fallen on hard times, and then he observes them, trying to figure out that strengths and weaknesses they have, and who is important in the house.

Researching the merchant families of Taelos. Looking for a former great house that's fallen from its former glory. +4 scholarship, +2 perception if it's needed

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Beltheus

Beltheus observes Foruk Kohesh and his son. The father had the stench of failure all over him, and the son, while better, still did not serve Beltheus's children. But his son in the womb. . .his son had potential. He could be shaped. Smiling, he transforms himself into a handsome young man, glowing slightly with a soft light. He appears to the pregnant woman. "Greetings! Be not afraid! For the child in your womb has been blessed by the gods, and shall do great things!He stall restore your family to glory, and shall be long remembered in the city and the world. Know only that my master, the God Beltheus, is his patron, and raise him to love Lord Beltheus."

With that, he extends his hand and blesses the child with luck and charm. Then, he hears the Emperor of Eosia calling out to him in one final prayer, and he senses that the Emperor's soul has left his body and was crossing into his domain.

Blessing the unborn child with charm and luck. +2 Demonic Duke (+4 persuasion, if it fits)

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Beltheus-Taeless

Beltheus smiles at the woman. "Let your son know he can always call on and pray to Beltheus when he is of need and I will aid him. Be at peace, my dear lady." With that, he bows and makes his exit, hoping that his investment now will pay dividends later. After all, what better place to invest than Taeless.

On the street, he takes the time to gather his thoughts. He had heard the final prayer of the Emperor and, through his intermediaries, was aware of the events transpiring, including the Arandian knight's attempt to desecrate the Emperor's body. To actually travel there himself would no doubt mean outright conflict and destabilizing an already unstable situation. It wasn't that Beltheus MINDED instability when it served a purpose. Indeed, he was largely a creature of chaos himself. But further instability in itself didn't serve his purposes, and he did owe the Emperor something. So, he sends a message to his priest. "Aid Edo in helping to bring the Emperor back to life. Give him your support." Ironic, really, that he would help Edo, but in this, at least, they were aligned.

Beltheus-Nundus

Beltheus travels to Nundus. The Ulysses Islands are a mystery to him, and they seem an out of the way place, a potential bolt hole. . .one that he hopes isn't claimed by any spider gods.

Channeling Good Luck +2 through my priest to aid the resurrection attempt of Edo and the magisters/block Ilvis.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Beltheus-Mirn

Beltheus walks around Mirn, taking in the divided land. Interesting. Such a rich land, but so many conflicts. That's often the way of it, though, Beltheus knows. It seems that the more money a place had, the more problems it has too. He decides he has to dig deeper; to come to understand the place's traditions and customs, and what is causing the conflicts. To meddle in ignorance is to invite destruction.

Trying to figure out exactly what traditions and customs are causing the problems between the nobility and peasantry, Scholarship +4, Persuasion +2

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Beltheus-Mirn

It was as Beltheus had suspected. These Weaponsmasters weren't the neutral arbiters that they seemed to be, but really the secret powers controlling the island; manipulating each side against the other. But why? Was it merely to maintain their own power, or were they themselves the puppets of some other force? This required more investigation before he got involved.

He summons an imp, a little thing, able to hide and skulk without being seen, and commands it, "Go! Spy on the leaders of the Weaponsmasters for me. Discover who they are, how they operate, and what they are planning. Come back to me with the information."

Demonic Summoning +2, maybe Perceptive +2 to put together what the imp finds out?

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Beltheus

Beltheus sits, pondering the Imp's information, drumming his fingers on the table as he thinks. Finally, he says, "The crewman that will be killed; go, and protect him from harm. Do not allow the Weapon Masters to injure him. But do so secretly. Do not allow him or others to be aware of your presence. Here, I will give you the powers you need. Do not fail, or you will suffer such suffering as one such as you can not imagine."

At that, he transforms the Imp, letting his power and energy flow into it, shifting it into something else, and sends it on its way.

Demonic Duke +2, ....transforming the Imp into a kind of protective, guardian spirit. Making it invisible and normally undetectable, swift able to deflect attacks against the person or thing its protecting, with a limited kind of foresight to let it detect plots and foretell the actions of one who wants to do its charge harm. Good Luck +2 might also work, as the protection the guardian spirit gives just appears to be good luck on the attempt of the person guarded.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Beltheus-Mirn

Beltheus sits in his camp in Mirn, impatiently. He's done what he can here for now, and he has too much else to do to remain still. So, he leaves the city and travels out to the wilderness outside it, where he creates a gate to take him back to his own realm. When there, he draws from the energy of the place, trying to summon imps to him out from the very fabric of reality, as the force of the plane mingles with his own will, the forces both creative and destructive. "Come. Come, I need you!", he calls out as he draws the plane up as a cloak around himself, there to mix with his will and desire.

Gating back him and creating more imps. Enough so that I have a store of them to labor and complete minor tasks., Demon summoning +2

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Beltheus-His Demense

Beltheus looks out at his legion of imps. They were, individually, pitiful and pathetic creatures, barely suitable for anything, but their vast numbers made up for their individual weaknesses. Yes, he had enough now to carry out his plan. He stopped for a minute and thought more about his growing power and influence. His plans had worked marvelously so far, for the most part. Except. . .he thinks for a minute about the events in Eosia, and the meddling fools who tried to intervene. Beings of power, of the same sort of his, who decided to intervene in his affairs, and disrupt his plans. His original goal to win over the Emperor and use him to solidify control over Eosia was gone now, all thanks to the Arandian knight and his companion. He wonders for a second who elevated them the way Belsataroth had him, and what their goals were. He had, after all, done nothing to them to provoke such actions.

But perhaps it was his fault, still. This was not easy to accept, for Beltheus was prideful, but it was true. The Demon Dust was, in many ways, brilliant, he thought, as he scooped up some from the fountain (that was a transformed Imp) and sniffed it. Indeed, it had given him his most direct and tangible benefits since he had become a demon. But that very success was its problem. It was so...obvious; so blatant that it served as a beacon to his enemies. Beltheus had to admit, he had been careless, and, in that moment of weakness, given his enemies a weapon against him. No, he would need to be more subtle.

His mind turned towards Belsataroth. Instead of feeling gratitude towards the greater demon who had made him what he was, he felt only fear and resentment. Belsataroth's plans were opaque to him. He could very easily tire of Beltheus and take away what was given. Or, elevate rivals of Beltheus. Belsataroth had to be dealt with before too long. But HOW? There was no room for error here. Beltheus knew that, even if he made no mistakes, Belsataroth might still defeat him, and, as punishment, scatter his very identity into nothingness. If Beltheus was going to rebel, he would have to be prepared and he would have to win.

These were the thoughts that went through his mind as he viewed his legion of imps. They were ready, and so was he. He orders, in a booming voice. "I order you to construct for me a library. Go, and bring it copies of every book that ever has been written and every book that ever shall be written. Succeed and be rewarded! Fail, and suffer an eternity of suffering!"

Building myself a library. Demonic Duke +2

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Beltheus-The Library of Hell

Beltheus wanders through his library. It's not nearly complete. It never will be complete, really. More knowledge is always being added to the world, and there is an infinity of knowledge to gather. But it's begun, and it will grow over time. As he walks, he thinks of Davos. The poor idiot. Davos could be useful, but he needs to learn how to THINK. Beltheus finds himself uncharacteristically angry at the other man. Perhaps a century of Davos's incorporeality will teach him how to be less careless. And perhaps by that time, Beltheus will have forgiven him. Perhaps.

With that, his attention turns to the mortal realm. Manipulating the fabric of reality, he opens a portal to the Elysian Sands. Then, stepping through with those imps that are not working on the library project, he orders, "My children! Build me a fortress of stone around this portal! Make it strong and defensible, so that no man may take it! Succeed and be rewarded! Fail and be punished!"

Building a fortress in the Elysian Sands. Demonic Duke, +2, Demon Summoning +2

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Beltheus

Beltheus smiles to see the imps at work, suffering in the sun. It did them good. They were lazy creatures. Still, their pitiful efforts would take a long time; almost half a year. This was not acceptable. It would mean further delay of his plans, which are already behind schedule. So, he has to intervene, again, causing further delay. Beltheus wonders for a minute why all his subordinates are incompetent., then proceeds to shift and manipulate some of the imps to increase their abilities. He decides to add mass amd girth, to make them stronger, faster, more tolerant of the environment. Then, when he's done, he will go in search of this mysterious man of the desert.

Changing some of the imps to give them increased size, strength, and stamina. Demonic Duke +2, Demon Summoning +2. Then going into the desert and trying to find out more about this mysterious desert god man.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Beltheus

Beltheus> "You are an intruder in my lands." The man said, his voice echoing with a hollow quality. "Your building is unwelcome. Who are you and why have you come here?"
<HiKaizer> Yes.
<HiKaizer> I was just about to copy that.
<Beltheus> Beltheus bows. "My apologies, sir. I was not aware these lands were occupied. I believed them nothing but empty desert."
<HiKaizer> "Then why build a fortress in such an empty place?"
<HiKaizer> "Or do you need to wage war upon a desert?"
<Beltheus> "I was building this as a shelter. Tell me, do you know what is going on outside of the desert, beyond these sands?"
<Beltheus> "There have been strange portents, like none in the history of man. Great nations are warring, empires crumbling. And everywhere, the people suffer."
<Beltheus> "I would take the lost, the forsaken, and build for them a new home where they might live in peace."
<Beltheus> "I had hoped this desert could be such a home. But if it is not, tell me, and I will leave."
<HiKaizer> "That is a nice story, but given the demeanour and appearance of your servants I doubt your intentions are benevolent or selfless."
<Beltheus> "Would you judge a man by appearances or by actions? And of course my intentions are not selfless. Where in this world do you find selflessness? But I tell you, I have seen more evil done in the name of 'selflessness' than 'selfishness'"
<Beltheus> "The very war that engulfs my land is being waged in the name of righteousness."
<Beltheus> "Let me tell you the story of a man. A man named Edo."
<HiKaizer> "Where is your land then? What is its name?" The man seems unperturbed and unconvinced.
<Beltheus> "My land is Eosia, across the sea. We are ruled by an Emperor, who's family had ruled for generations."
<Beltheus> "For the most part, it was a peaceful place, until recently."
<Beltheus> "When a man named Edo plunged it into civil war."
<HiKaizer> "I expect that suited you quite well though. What with the death and turmoil."
<Beltheus> "If I saw opportunities in the chaos and took them, then what of it? It was not turmoil I caused. Indeed, I tried my best to tamp it down, by aiding the rightful Emperor. Indeed, stability would have served me better. Constantly was I made to change my plans; to react instead of acting."
<HiKaizer> "What is so special about this man Edo then? Why did the Emperor not have his men seize him and execute him?"
<Beltheus> "He tried. But Edo was a wizard who had gained powers beyond that of mortals, as have others walking the land. I know not how he did so, nor do I know the extent of his powers, but they must be considerable."
<HiKaizer> "Aaah. Did the Emperor not have such powers or the ear of one who did?"
<Beltheus> "He did not, till the prayers of one of his followers came to my attention. I visited him, then, and gave him some of my power, but no sooner had he gotten it, than a knight of Arandia and his companion came to strike the Emperor down in a blaze of self righteousness."
<HiKaizer> "Ah, so you wanted to continue the conflict by equalising both parties and creating a stalemate then."
<HiKaizer> (He has a reason for saying this btw)
<HiKaizer> (He is not just GM meta-gaming)
<Beltheus> "I wanted to see the Emperor succeed. I believed, and still do, in him."
<Beltheus> "Why do you question me such? Are you also eager to condemn me as so many have?"
<HiKaizer> "You are mistaken if you think that I care. The strong rule over the weak, such is the way of things."
<HiKaizer> "I can smell the souls of many of the dead clinging to you."
<HiKaizer> "Part of you is similar to me in some way."
<Beltheus> "In what way?"
<HiKaizer> "I am sure you have already worked that out."
<Beltheus> Beltheus smiles. "Perhaps."
<Beltheus> "But I think in you, there is one who does not make pretense."
<HiKaizer> "I outgrew that particular failing."
<Beltheus> "And what is your origin? You are surely no man?"
<HiKaizer> "I was once two men, now I am greater than both."
<Beltheus> "And what do you intend? Have you any goals?"
<HiKaizer> "Yes."
<Beltheus> "But they are your own? I understand."
<HiKaizer> "So what is the true purpose of your Fortress then?"
<Beltheus> Beltheus smiles. "It is as I have said."
<Beltheus> "Is it hard to believe?"
<HiKaizer> "Indeed it is. Especially since there is no country in this land named Eosia."
<Beltheus> Beltheus blinks. "It lies over the sea to the west. I was born there."
<HiKaizer> "Fascinating. No one that I know of has ever managed such a thing. How do you propose to transport people to your fortress, should I permit it to remain?"
<Beltheus> His eyes gleam. "Leave that to me."
<HiKaizer> "No. I think I should like to see how you would do such a thing." The man says calmly and implacably.
<Beltheus> "And what guarantee do I have that you will not, upon my showing you, use it to your advantage and my destriment?"
<HiKaizer> "I do not know who you are,I have no guarantee that you will not simply bring an army into this place and use it as a marshalling point. I could simply have the sands eat your fortress and be done with it. Instead I am giving you a chance to prove yourself to me. If you cannot do so then we are done here and I will do what needs to be done."
<HiKaizer> It wasn't a threat, simply a statement of fact.
<Beltheus> Beltheus sighs, then he raises his hand and opens a portal to his dimension. "Does this suffice?"
<HiKaizer> "Fascinating. I would like to see where it leads to."
<Beltheus> "Then step through."
<HiKaizer> "Do you intend to follow?"
<Beltheus> "I will"
<HiKaizer> The man considers this for a moment, and then steps through."
<Beltheus> Beltheus follows.
<Beltheus> "This is my home. I show you a thing few others have seen."
<HiKaizer> Nomad actually smiles once he has had a few moments looking around.
<HiKaizer> "Ah, now I understand a great deal more I think."
<Beltheus> "And what do you understand?" Beltheus sits down and a chair materializes under him
<HiKaizer> "That would be difficult to explain, it covers a number of things." Nomad replies and his body forms a chair which the rest of him sits in.
<HiKaizer> It is...awkward to watch.
<Beltheus> Beltheus observes. "Please, if you would try. I would understand if I could." and mentally tries to figure how he would reshape himself like that and if it would be easier or harder than creating chairs out of nothingness
<HiKaizer> "Well, the nature of this place. The nature of yourself. The nature of why my previous master died. The cause of the transference of his power to me. Also an aspect that will define our relationship I would rather imagine."
<Beltheus> Beltheus leans forward, his hand wresting on his arm, his elbow on a table that has just appeared in front of him.
<Beltheus> "Oh?"
<HiKaizer> "You will need to clarify a little a think. Also a name would be a nice courtesy. You may address me as Nomad."
<Beltheus> "You may call me Beltheus"
<Beltheus> "What may I clarify?"
<HiKaizer> "Oh."
<HiKaizer> (As in, oh what?)
<Beltheus> (You will need to clarify a little, I think.) (Oh, what may I clarify?)
<HiKaizer> "You said oh, in response to something. It would be helpful to know what it was in response to.)
<HiKaizer> *"
<Beltheus> (I said "oh" in resonse to ""Well, the nature of this place. The nature of yourself. The nature of why my previous master died. The cause of the transference of his power to me. Also an aspect that will define our relationship I would rather imagine.""
<Beltheus> "An aspect that will define our relationship". "Oh?"
<HiKaizer> "We both take power and strength from souls of the dead. Either we can cooperate or we can compete."
<Beltheus> "I see. And which do you prefer?"
<HiKaizer> "That depends on which profits me the most."
<Beltheus> "A good answer."
<Beltheus> "What souls do you take power from?"
<HiKaizer> "The ones that I use."
<Beltheus> "And how do you decide which to use?"
<HiKaizer> "It has currently mostly been a matter on how useful they will be to the task I have at hand."
<Beltheus> "And what is your current task?"
<HiKaizer> "I do not currently have one."
<Beltheus> "And do you have a master, or are you your own agent?"
<HiKaizer> "Is that what you propose?"
<Beltheus> "If you would serve me, then I could increase your powers and support you. You might do better under me than on your own. I think you will find I am neither unreasonable nor demanding."
<Beltheus> "I merely ask that you succeed in your endeavors"
<HiKaizer> "Serving you does not sound like an equal position."
<Beltheus> "That's because it's not. But if you don't like it, what's your proposal?"
<HiKaizer> "I do not necessarily have one, but if you are more interested in cooperation than in competition I may have a more well thought through and valuable alternative for both of us."
<Beltheus> "Oh? Please, what is your proposal?"
<HiKaizer> "Our area of competition lies in the souls of the dead, were we to pool our powers and resources to take control of this then we would need only to divide them amongst each other."
<HiKaizer> "Besides, Beltheus, you do not sound like you have many allies and you have many enemies."
<Beltheus> Beltheus smiles
<Beltheus> "This much is true"
<HiKaizer> "It is up to you to decide then, whether to treat as an equal or whether you wish to compete."
<Beltheus> "Then equals." He holds out his hand for the other to take
<HiKaizer> Nomad considered it, then took Beltheus' hand.
<HiKaizer> Nomad's was as cold as stone and kind of grainy.
<Beltheus> Beltheus licks his lips slightly as he tries to take the measure of the other creature
<Beltheus> (Can I sense his power?)
<Beltheus> (And power level?)
<HiKaizer> (Not really)
<Beltheus> (Ok)
<HiKaizer> (What did you want to do?)
<Beltheus> (I was just checking if I was strong enough relative to him to destroy him)
<Beltheus> (That's all)
<HiKaizer> (Hahahaha)
<HiKaizer> (You have no idea)
<HiKaizer> (You CAN always try something if you want though)
<HiKaizer> (After all he didn't try to aim for being dominant either)
<Beltheus> "Agreed, then. I look forward to you as an ally, friend." He smiles broadly. "Please let me know of any help you need."
<HiKaizer> "Very well. Now. Perhaps you would tell me the true purpose of your fortress then?"
<Beltheus> The smile leaves his face. "I need a bolthole, in the even that I'm defeated elsewhere. I need someplace defensable where I can regroup and recover."
<HiKaizer> "Hmm, a prudent strategy."
<Beltheus> "I was hoping the desert would be would be empty. It was not"
<HiKaizer> "Very well, as long as you do not move against me I will permit it to remain for as long as our agreement does."
<HiKaizer> "Should we formalise this in some manner?"
<Beltheus> "What do you suggest?"
<HiKaizer> "I have not been in such a position before admittedly. I am unaware if there is a way of doing such things."
<HiKaizer> "Hmm, since we are sharing the dead, and I am giving you some of my land, you might give me something in return. Some of your power perhaps?"
<Beltheus> "You can keep the land. I no longer require it. But I will give you some of my power. You would perhaps share some of yours with me?"
<HiKaizer> "As you wish."
<Beltheus> with that, Beltheus radiates power out of his palm into Nomad's.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Beltheus

Beltheus, his conversation with Nomad completed, holds the souls of his wife and son in his hands. Odd, that, but really, he didn't much want them. Any love he had for them was largely gone. After all, he had willingly sacrificed them in the first place. And Nomad thought that THAT was his primary bargaining chip, and that the other thing was just a bonus. No. Nomad may have become more ruthless when he was transformed into a demon, but he still didn't understand Beltheus at all. After all, if he had, then he never would have entered into a deal with Beltheus in the first place.

He looks at the souls ready for recorporalization, and then puts them away again. Soon. He would do it soon. Instead, he goes to his library and watches the imps continue to prepare it, moving to and fro looking for books. He watches them and thinks.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Beltheus

Beltheus sits in his tower, looking out the window watching the imps continue their work on the library as he ponders the two orbs that are the souls of his wife and son. Does he act or does he not? The demon enjoys an unexpected moment of uncertainty as he wonders what to do with them. Then he feels an surge of power and he knows that Nomad has done his work. He needs to find this "Adam", speak to him, bring him in, and be certain of his loyalty. No doubt the new demon is confused and overwhelmed. Putting away the souls, he exits his tower, steps through the portal and enters the Wastes, there to find Adam and speak to him.

Paging Adam. Come in Adam

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

quote:

<Beltheus> Beltheus stands among the dead. Imps, dead or almost dead lay at his feet. The other demons stand around him as he absorbs the power of his enemy.
<Beltheus> "Adam", he says, "Nomad. Arhuon. All of you. We have done great things today."
<Beltheus> "We have defeated he who would bind us and began our liberation."
* Adam-L sidles up to him, mouth frothing, a crazed look in his eye. He stars at the new form of the demon lord, shuddering at the sight of him... and yet, watching his movements, wondering if Belthesus was used to his body yet. Maybe he should charge him, strike him while he was down... no... that would be cowardly. Best to wait till the lord had felt his full strength. "Yes... that we did. And good...
* Adam-L ...riddance too." he stars at the shrunken form of Belsataroth as he speaks. "He was a good warrior, but pathetic in defeat."
<Beltheus> Be hurns to Adam. "I know your rage overwhelms you now, but focus on what we have won. And concentrate on what we must do next."
<Adam-L> "Yes... yes it does. I know what I want next. Blood. Blood and souls of warriors past and future. Dedicated to me. What would you wish for?"
<Beltheus> "Freedom. Freedom for the people of this world to do what they can; take what they can. Hold what they can."
<Adam-L> "Bah. Freedom is over rated. One person wants to the freedom to live his life as a farmer. The other wants to parade around town naked. Men do not gain freedom. They take their own or they are crushed under someone elses. Which one will you be, demon lord?"
<Beltheus> Beltheus smiles. "If one can't take their freedom, they lose it."
<Beltheus> "We have defeated one enemy, but many other still exist, both within and without. We are hunted by those who consider 'Demon' a slur."
<Beltheus> "Perhaps you should pay a visit to your old friend Leodin. See if he can be reasoned with. If not, will your dwarves fight to defend our cause from those who would challenge it?"
<Adam-L> "Ha! They will do as I say or they will be crushed under my foot like all who oppose me. Leodin is a general of war. He will come for it even if I have to force him along myself. But..." he pauses... "but for this to work... will need an incentive." He looks over at Belthesus. "Grant me a boon Demon lord, so I may do your bidding."
<Adam-L> " A boon of my choosing."
<Beltheus> "What would your boon be, loyal Adam?"
<Beltheus> "If it is in my power to give, I will give it."
<Adam-L> "You have created a realm here. One of your own strength where nothing can stand in your way. Grant me the power to create one myself. One where the souls of warriors will be sent, so I may give them a realm that they will do battle in for all eternity."
<Beltheus> "You have it. You have but to wish it, and it will be yours."
<Adam-L> "HaahahahaaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" he holds his sides, his eyes lighting up. "And as you wish. I will get the leader known as Leodin on our side. We will create this realm together. And from there, the souls of all warriors will fight for us, from the depths of the earth to the clouds in the sky."
<Beltheus> "Then go, and prepare your place. Prepare my armies."
<Adam-L> He laughs once more... then slowly disappitates into the ether.

Adam gone, Beltheus turns to Arhuon. "You also must be rewarded, my friend. What gift for you? You don't still covet rubies, I know." He smiles. "You seek blood, and blood you shall have. But not for you the chaos of the battlefield. No, I give you Murder as Art. Murder as Skill. All those who hone their skill at death shall call you Lord, as will those who use their skill and stealth less directly, knowing that knowledge kills more men than blades. Rise, my Duke Murder, Lord of Assasins, Spymaster of the Hells."

And then to Nomad. "Your aid has been invaluable. As you have done as we discussed, I confirm you as Duke of Death, the Infernal Judge, with power over the dead, and ask that you aid Adam by sending him those souls of warriors to help him shape into his army."

Then he turns to the assembled imps, those who survived the assault. "Without your help, we would not have succeeded! You have proven yourselves more than just slaves. Enjoy your reward! Rise, as the footmen of the Armies of Hell!"

Ok. Promotions for everybody. Pretty much everybody goes up a rank in the Infernal Hierarchy Organizational Chart of the Hastings Group. Nomad becomes Duke of Death, the Judge of Souls. Arhuon, Duke of Murder, Lord of Assassins, and Spymaster of the Hells. Adam, Duke of Battle, General of Hell's Armies. The Imps who helped are being transformed into demons capable of fighting. Lots of claws, spikes and teeth. Think something like the picture below. Arhuon is being transformed as necessary. Maybe something to make him more stealthy? Demonic Lord +2, Metal +2 (for the natural armor/spikes of the battle demons.)

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Sep 3, 2013

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Beltheus-The Garden

Beltheus trembles as he feels the moon rise, then he breaks into a tantrum, and his rage is fearsome to behold.

"Why do they not cease their meddling?! Why can't they leave me alone!?" he roars as he pounds the ground with his fist, causing a depression to form at the blow. Overhead, the sky grows black with clouds, and the infernal landscape darkens, and a rain of blood and acid falls. Imps flee in terror, hoping to gain distance from their master's rage. Finally, he calms, though hurt and rage are still in his eyes, and the land is restored to what it once was. He transforms back into his preferred form as an old man, and then turns to Nomad. "See what you can find out about this abomination they call a moon. I WILL NOT let is defeat us. Knowing what we know, we dare not be deterred. I return to the planet to continue our work as best I can. And Nomad? We need to work together for now."

Beltheus-Kiris, Eosia/Frozen Wilds

Beltheus has heard of the man called Thanjan, who seemed to be organizing the tribes of the Frozen Wilds. Rumor had it he was a great shaman, and some even said he had the touch of divinity. So, setting out from Kiris on the border, Beltheus journeys into the waste, to find the man so many speak of, and see if he will prove friend or foe.

Looking for Thanjan.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Beltheus

Beltheus looks up at Dankeld on the wall, and says, laughing, his arms outstretched. "You take me for an invader? Where is my army? If Eosian emperors tried to take your land in the past, that's no fault of mine. I am only a traveler and wanderer, come to find the one called Thanjan and learn from him. Are the men of the north so weak that they fear a single old man? If I am such a threat, kill me now. If not, let me through. I have coin to pay for my entry, and surely the ale you buy with that will do you more good than my blood, which is weak and thin and not good for drinking."

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Beltheus

quote:

* Farro walks away from Thanjan, towards a copse of trees.
<Beltheus> As he walks, he sees an old man, dressed in Eosian robes, leaning on a staff
<Beltheus> The man nods, "I greet you, stranger.", he says, in Eosian.
* Farro pauses and regards the old man.
<Beltheus> The man stares back, seeming to look into his soul. His face is weathered and wrinkled, his eyes haunted
<Beltheus> He is almost entirely bald, and what hair he has left is shaved, as is the custom among Eosian commoners
<Farro> "You're either severely out of touch or you're more dangerous than you want to look. Which is it, I wonder?"
<Beltheus> "Are the two exclusive? But I don't believe that I'm dangerous."
<Beltheus> "Let us say I am out of touch. Can you inform me as to events?"
<Beltheus> "Ah, but pardon the rudeness of an old man. Please, call me Harjin."
<Beltheus> "And who might I have the honor of addressing?"
<Farro> "For one, the locals just got done butchering the Eosians around these parts a month or so ago. Also, it's balls cold and you're an old man in the middle of nowhere with nothing but some robes on."
<Farro> "Oh, what a coincidence. You can call me Harjin as well!"
<Beltheus> "Indeed? Quite an auspicious signal! And, yes, it was indeed a tragedy what happened to my countrymen. We live in a sad, violent world."
<Beltheus> "As for the robes, trust me, they are warmer than they look."
<Farro> "If you say so. What's your business then? You're not an envoy, you'd have guards."
<Beltheus> "I have heard that one named Thanjan leads or advises these people, and that he is one of those who has gained powers since the star fell to earth months ago. I seek to meet him, to see if the rumors that he is one of these "children of the gods" is true, and if so, to learn from him and his wisdom. I am a seeker of knowledge."
<Beltheus> "And I seek to learn more from him about the strange moon that appeared in the sky, if he knows."
<Farro> "Mmm. He's up the path behind me. Or he was. Star-touched have a habit of moving around. Of course, well informed as you are you probably knew that."
<Beltheus> "And what brings you to see him?"
<Farro> "Curiosity, mostly."
<Beltheus> "And was your curiousity fufilled?"
<Farro> "Well enough, I suppose. Time will tell."
<Beltheus> "Odd. I find my curiousity is rarefuly fufilled. Answers always breed more questions." He shakes his head. "The world is strange."
<Farro> "That's one way to put it. You seem to be taking the new moon thing in stride. Of course you're not the average pleb."
<Beltheus> "Nor are you. But you're wrong. The moon disturbs me greatly. Greater than you know."
<Beltheus> "Tell me, why do you think all this happened? Why did the star come to earth? Why were some given powers and others not?"
* Farro shrugs. "Why does anything happen? Is it fate? Did some mad wizard gently caress up a ritual? Questions beget questions."
<Farro> "For what it's worth Thanjan doesn't know either."
<Beltheus> "Perhaps. So, you don't believe there's any plan behind this? No moral implications?"
<Farro> "If there's a plan behind it, than it's a doozy. As for the moral implications, I think there's quite a few. The usual writ large: does might make right? Does being star-touched give one a mandate to change the world? It's deep poo poo."
<Farro> "Not my area of interest, really."
<Beltheus> "And what is your area of interest?"
<Farro> "The practical."
<Beltheus> "Perhaps the greatest question is, how does one deal with the power one has been given? And how do those who have been given those powers deal with the beliefs and the prejudices of the population?"
<Farro> "Sounds about right."
<Beltheus> "It would be an interesting thing to know. Some have called the star touched Gods, or children of Gods. But that carries with it all sorts of expections, all sorts of responsibilities. I would imagine it would not be easy being a god."
<Farro> "Who knows? Maybe it's all a big loving party. I don't think I'd call them gods at any rate. After all, something granted them the power."
<Beltheus> "Granted or sold, at least." He looks distracted for a moment. "I wonder if they knew the price they would pay."
<Farro> "Well something or someone's gonna pay a price. You don't rock the boat like this without making waves. Whether it'll be the star-touched or everyone is the question."
<Farro> "Take that drat moon, for instance. There's probably rioting going on worldwide. People afraid of what it means."
<Farro> "Or what it could mean."
<Beltheus> "There are those, I think, who would limit mankind. Seek to prevent him from finding his potential."
<Beltheus> "I think those are the ones we need protection from"
<Beltheus> "The slavers"
<Farro> "But how far can you push a man until he is no longer a men? The star-touched are surely no longer human in the normal sense of the world."
<Farro> *man, word
<Beltheus> "No? What makes a man a man? Were they men before? What changed? They grew powerful?"
<Farro> "More powerful, certainly. But how has it effected them emotionally? Intellectually? There's a point where something becomes more than human, and I'd wager it's somewhere in the neighborhood of 'new moon overnight'."
<Beltheus> The old man grunts as if he's supressing a chuckle. "So what do they wish for then, if not human things?"
<Farro> "I guess you'd have to be one to know, wouldn't you?"
<Beltheus> "I suppose that's true. So their motivations are unknowable to mere mortals?"
<Farro> "Hard to say. Thanjan, at least, seems to be content with continuing his old existence. Just with a little more oomph."
<Beltheus> "Not all are. I have heard tell of some who have turned their followers into spider creatures and lion creatures, who seek to build empires."
<Farro> "When you're a god, I guess it's easy to have a god complex."
<Beltheus> "Indeed, this is true. Well, my friend Harjin, I should be about my way. It may be that we will meet again sometimes"
<Farro> "Seems likely enough. Have fun with the elephant man."
<Beltheus> "Safe journey."
<Beltheus> and with that, the old man walks on.

His conversation done, Beltheus walks on towards Thanjan's dwelling. As he approaches, he feels Adam's defection in his soul. He stops, his face grows pale and he grips his staff, leaning on it as if without it, he would collapse. His eyes closed, he whispers, "So, in the end, will they take EVERYTHING from me? Must I lose everyone?" He stands there, shaking his head, then opens his eyes and continues walking towards Thanjan, feeling very old.

quote:

<HiKaizer> Thanjan is sitting on a wooden chair when you approach him.
<HiKaizer> It is covered in frost, but beyond this displays no obvious signs or symbols of power.
<Beltheus> Beltheus approaches and waits to be recognized
<HiKaizer> The man with the mammoth's head looks at you. His body is strong, but lean and fit instead of bursting with power or size.
<HiKaizer> "Another one come to speak? Do you accept what you are, or reject it I wonder."
<Beltheus> Beltheus bows his head. "I greet you, sir."
<Beltheus> "I am what I am, sir. How does one reject himself?"
<HiKaizer> He makes a kind of snuffling grunt. "Don't call me sir. I am no knight from the south. Call me Shaman or Thanjan." And leans forward a bit to look at you.
<Beltheus> "As you wish, Shaman. I am also no knight. I am known as Beltheus, by most, at least."
<HiKaizer> "Ah. Beltheus." He says with a curious smile and leans back.
<Beltheus> "Have you heard of me?"
<HiKaizer> "Your servant spoke to me. It was a...curious discussion."
<Beltheus> "Which servant was that? I have many."
<HiKaizer> "He served the one you have weaselled away to the south. He has not returned since the moon rose though."
<Beltheus> "And how was it curious? Perhaps I may solve your curiousity."
<Beltheus> "The moon's rising was...unexpected."
<Beltheus> "It has changed much."
<Beltheus> "Perhaps it's an honor, that they create a moon to thwart me?"
<Beltheus> "Dubious though it may be."
<HiKaizer> "To thwart you? I had not realised it had such a purpose. It does not surprise me though, if those that did it are from the south they have little consideration for the world around them or those that are not kin."
<HiKaizer> "Many animals have been troubled by it, and some can no longer find food or nesting sites."
<Beltheus> "It troubles us too. I assume you know what I am now. It has little effect on me, other than making me...uncomfortable with its wrongness. But those weaker, it disturbs greatly."
<HiKaizer> "You are a strange one from what I hear. Neither man nor beast. Something akin to both but kin to neither."
<Beltheus> "Can not the same be said of you? You have the body of a man, but the head of a mammoth."
<HiKaizer> "You are rare to know of the mammoth." He says with a note of approval in his voice.
<HiKaizer> "But I am a shaman, I blend my thoughts to those of beasts, and beasts thoughts to my own.
<HiKaizer> "I am between, not apart you might say."
<Beltheus> "I am studied. The Universities of my land were closed to me, but I learned myself." He says this with a little pride in his voice
<Beltheus> "I bring a warning. But I think you already know it. This land, not just the North, but all the lands of men and beast, are in danger."
<Beltheus> "Unless we are vigilant, we are all doomed."
<HiKaizer> "Do you bring warning of a specific danger, or a general one?"
<Beltheus> "I have learned that this world is one of many
<Beltheus> "On the other worlds, there are beings of great power. Angels and demons, spirits and gods. They feed on worlds. It seems like their desire is to rule."
<Beltheus> "But we have been protected. For what reason, I do not know, but we have been shielded from their power."
<HiKaizer> Thanjan closes his eyes for a moment.
<HiKaizer> "Know that I care little for what happens beyond these borders. But..." He says and opens his eyes again.
<Beltheus> "But now, since the stars fell, the shield has been weakening. We will become vulnerable, and these beings, if they can, will invade and take all for themselves."
<HiKaizer> "I am not so foolish as to think us an isolated island. If it comes to it I would stand against the outsiders. But only should my aid be needed or my lands threatened directly."
<Beltheus> "Of the rest of the world falls, the North will not survive. These new invaders are no Eosia."
<Beltheus> "But you must do as you will. My warning is only that. I can not command, only advise."
<HiKaizer> "Then you have not listened to what I have said."
<Beltheus> "No, I listened. I have heard. My apologies, Shaman."
<HiKaizer> "Then you will know you have the answer you seek. Tell me though, I find it more than mere chance you and the other star-touched arrived at the same time."
<Beltheus> "Was there another? I saw a traveller on the road and conversed with him, but he seemed just a man to me."
<HiKaizer> "Are you really so foolish as to think that was all he was?"
<Beltheus> "I suspected he was more. But I did not know until you told me."
<Beltheus> "But if there was purpose to our arriving so soon after each other, I do not know what it was"
<Beltheus> "Perhaps it was fated. Perhaps we are in the hands of those greater than us, and it amuses them that he and I would converse. I am not so wise as to know, nor so foolish as to think I know."
<HiKaizer> "Fate is a cruel lie to protect us from the harshness of the world. I would not put any great value on it."
<Beltheus> "What do you value, Thanjan?"
<HiKaizer> "I value my people outlander."
<Beltheus> "Why?"
<HiKaizer> "Because they contain a part of me. When I was a man, my son carried a part of me with him. Like animals, men and women seek to have children to make sure a part of themselves continues through the ages."
<HiKaizer> "In that way, we achieve some small measure of immortality."
<Beltheus> Beltheus flinches as if struck and looks away
<HiKaizer> "It seems you too have lost a son. Mine was taken from me by a madman, killed and cooked, fed to his friends." Thanjan says, his voice beginning to thrum with anger.
<HiKaizer> "Then the coward sought to flee from his madness into death."
<HiKaizer> "In the end, I ate him. It was a cruel, hateful and human thing to do. I take no pride in it now."
<Beltheus> "Mine was killed by a fool, who held life cheap and power greater."
<Beltheus> "And who sought to win the favor of one greater than himself for small reward."
<Beltheus> "But both the man who did the killing and his master are gone now."
<Beltheus> "I'm sorry to hear about your son."
<HiKaizer> "And I yours."
<Beltheus> Beltheus bows. "May the elk and the mammoth jump into your spears, and may their spirits bless you, Shaman.", he says in what he's pretty sure is a traditional Northern farewell
<HiKaizer> "May your hearth stave the cold and keep your house till spring." He returns.
<Beltheus> And with that, Beltheus leaves and considers the conversation.

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Sep 26, 2013

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Beltheus-The Desert Fortress

At last, it was completed. The fortress that he had begun constructing so long ago. Complete and not too soon. Beltheus had been shaken by his trip to the Frozen North and his meetings with the other star touched there. Thanjan, at least, proved to be a reluctant ally, and could be relied on against the danger to come. Farro was . . .more unsettling. Beltheus didn't know what to make of him. And then there was Adam's betrayal, which struck at Beltheus. It wasn't entirely Adam's fault, Beltheus knew. One of the weaknesses of Demonkind was a sort of natural treachery, a tendency to be ambitious even at the cost of friendship or loyalty. No doubt his other subordinates had their own plans. Still, it was hard, especially because Adam knew the true threat, the real danger against which they were fighting.

Beltheus puts his thoughts aside. There would be time to punish Adam later. Beltheus couldn't let his plans be derailed by treachery or power games. There was too much at stake. Standing in the middle of the fortress, he calls his power, letting the demonic realm leak from the portal and surround the place, giving it the protections that his his own realm had, turning it and the area around it into an extension of his land.

Constructing a shield around the fortress to protect it from outside influences and alien powers. Demonic Prince +2

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Beltheus-Desert Fortress

Beltheus looks at the weak shield covering the fortress as he watches his demons compete for his favor. He is inexplicably angry, the actions affecting him more than normal. It seemed as if his plans were stalling and those around him were more eager to impress or try to supplant him than to carry them out. Even now, he waits for the latest reports from Ochsbright and Arhoun, as they weave their own plots. As for Nomad. . .that being has always been rebellious, and often does not communicate with Beltheus at all.

Still, he has to continue. Beltheus feels driven, in a way he hasn't in a long time, if ever. Ever since his battle with his old master, he's felt himself changing in ways both exciting and terrifying. More and more, it seems to him, he sees the world through a fog, the crispness and the details gone, and he feels more and more insubstantial. On his own plane, though, he feels even more solid, more connected. It seems clearer.

Beltheus he walks into the courtyard of the fortress. Demons are in a ring there, fighting, dueling, hoping at the same time to impress him, prove their superiority over their opponent, and revel in the joy of competition. The demons stationed here were disspirited. Understandable. These were creatures made for war who had no war; soldiers who had no purpose, other than to guard an empty fortress. Well, soon enough. Two months, three at the outside, and these soldiers would have purpose again.

He walks to one of the fortress outbuildings, and there, he begins to build, enjoying the chance to work with his hands again.

Constructing the Demon Forge, which is a forge where demonic weapons and armor can be made. The idea is that, when a weapon or suit of armor is made, a demon is bound into it. This not only provides a superior weapon/suit of armor, but also forms a sort of symbiotic relationship between the demon and the owner. The weapon/armor is aware of what's going on, can advise the owner, share in his glory, influence him, etc. Demonic Prince+2, Metal +2, Demon Summoning +2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Beltheus

Beltheus smiles at the spider demon. "Yes, translate for me. How long have I been asleep? This language is strange to me. What has happened since I was gone? What is the state of demonkind?"

• Locked thread