Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, i'll take some snow shoveling over months of 95f+ any day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
One of the few pockets of freedom in an otherwise over controlling nanny state.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

apatite posted:

We will see about the 'mega haul', the weather is being weird and the old guys are rumoring

Don't let me get too ahead of myself, kind of led you folks on last year but that was out of my control. We had enough left over to give a bunch away as xmas presents to family and friends so that was nice but production sucked overall due to ~life circumstances~. I am of course hoping for a bumper crop of goonsyrup, bought a much better filtering and bottling setup this year!

I'll bring butter, if i leave with syrup :P

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Faerunner posted:

Duuuude.

That's a sweet setup (literally) :rimshot:

I've just attached a milk jug and a 2L bottle to 2 of my 3 trees. We got 5gal of sap in 3 days, set it to boil, and my husband burned it while I was at work. :(

So in the last 2 days we gathered another 5gal, and I'm off work today... here we go again!

Did he learn nothing from Curious George? Just toss some butter in there!

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
If i've upgraded to a house in the woods by then, i'll take it off your hands. Every email i get about FIVE BILLION ACRES IN TUG HILL FOR TWENTY DOLLARS just makes me want it more.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

apatite posted:

lol bro can you handle the snow on tug hill? Even a masochist like myself shies away from that poo poo :negative:

I grew up in a town where during most snow storms, you'd be reduced to cross country skis for transportation. I'll deal.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

M_Gargantua posted:

forward me one of those? Sound perfect for a hunting retreat.

http://www.mooseriverland.com

Most of the cheapest ones are gone, but there are still a couple for around a grand an acre.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

rdb posted:

http://www.landandcamps.com/

There is a picture of my old family farm still on there website.

Tug hill snow is something you really have to see for yourself. I recall my grandmother getting 151" in 10 days. So much that even snowmobiles get stuck.

200" in 48 hours!

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

There exists a dremel tool for exactly this. It's just a shame they didn't just make it an attachment that your dremel powers.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
loving goons ruining SA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

apatite posted:

Should we now have a discussion about my over the top alcohol / marijuana consumption? (please let's not)

WHY ARE YOU MAKING A WONDERFUL LIFE FOR YOURSELF AND THEN DIMINISHING YOUR ABILITY TO PERCEIVE IT, HUH?

• Locked thread