Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ming-the-mazdaless
Nov 30, 2005

Whore funded horsepower
Your shitter image reminded me of the latest Kevin McCloud television show, Man Made Home. It's on youtube for UK residents, so find a way around that and you'll love it. He builds an off grid weekend getaway "shed" from garbage and reclaimed scrap. Including a hot tub from a 737 engine cowling and a biogas collector from his outdoor toilet.

I like your project OP. Best of luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ming-the-mazdaless
Nov 30, 2005

Whore funded horsepower

apatite posted:

Sounds awesome, will take a look around to see if it can be located. Biogas collecting shitter? I'll take two! how was he utilizing the biogas?

Cooking!
Seriously, find a way to watch it. You won't be sorry. It's on youtube, just find an open UK proxy.
http://www.youtube.com/show/kevinmccloudsmanmadehome
Highlights.
Turning a early 20th century safe into a woodburning stove.
Making his own glass window panes on site from silica sand.
Splitting the timber cut down on site with gunpowder.
Building a porch chair with scrap dredged from london canals with magnets.
Making glue from rabbit skins.

It was a great series. Find a way to watch it.

• Locked thread