Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.
I have at least one pretty weird dream per week. This year I started writing some of them down again. Generic disclaimer that most are really boring to anyone who's not me, and I write them down while half-asleep so some stuff doesn't make sense. And I don't know why ponies keep working their way in there; I don't even watch the show.

http://pastebin.com/FzaZst78

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Last night was about Futurama and the intricacies of utilitarianism.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

We could solve the chicken coop overcrowding problem by replacing the chickens with dodos or turkeys.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

I woke up to one of my family's cats snuggling with me. I knew it was a hallucination because pets aren't allowed in my apartment, and her face had the wrong coloration. The cat was actually a metaphor for my sister's friend, whose hair had partially burned off, and my sister was making a flash video about how stupid said friend was.

If you fill your car with leaves when you go to Disney World, nobody will break into it while it's parked, but it makes the seats really itchy so you can't sleep on them later.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Captain Kirk was born on New Year’s Eve on the world’s longest water slide, and his son would continue this tradition. Boethiah, Cthulhu, or some other abomination stole the soul of Madoka and/or Kirk’s son and turned them into a monster through sexual assault. The protagonists tried to shatter the monster it created from them, but it only resulted in a crippled, deformed monster, and didn’t bring their soul back. They rewound time by reverting to a previous save state; the memory card was a circular chocolate-frosted cake with three internal layers: red, yellow, and white. They were unable to cut back to an earlier part of the cake without messing up the layers. They got the soul back in the end by killing Boethiah. This all took place on the SA forums.

A girl witnessed a murder and did nothing to stop it, so she was tried as an accessory. She was sentenced to several years in prison, and was obviously upset, but then she was approached by a clone who looked exactly like her. She put her baseball cap on the clone and ran away, leaving them to serve her sentence.

A typo on Chris Christie’s campaign banner led to Jon Stewart making jokes that he would run in 2048, and was also autistic.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

More video games. At the start of Mass Effect 2, Shepard took the Underground Railroad (also a literal railroad) for Mexican immigrants to a gymnasium/auditorium where they were having a scientific awards ceremony. On the stage behind the curtain, she saw her parents, and approached them to say, what the hell? I don’t know what she was initially mad about, but they were taking credit from her for something or other. The mother was shocked to see her, and responded with a story about what had happened after Shepard died. They’d taken her body and waited for it to come back to life, but it didn’t, and the media wouldn’t stop nagging them about it, so she shot her in all the vital organs, took a sample of her proteins, and started making a clone. She holds out her arms to show a baby Shepard. This, she said, is the real Shepard, not the abomination Cerberus produced.

Shepard is understandably pissed, and they started having a Pokémon battle in a nearby pool. The mother sent out a Togepi in a float, while Shepard used a Magnemite. But the battle was getting nowhere fast, so the mother threw the baby Shepard into the pool. She grew into a full-sized Shepard in full steel plate/cyborg armor, and the two Shepards started fighting it out. The original one probably won.

At some point she also had a sister present, and her mother was an obese Hispanic maid.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Tewratomeh posted:

I hate hearing about people lucid dreaming because part of what they're describing has happened to me, the "being aware you're in a dream" and "waking yourself up during a dream but you're still dreaming" parts. It's just the rest, the actual being able to control them part, that I have trouble with.

My biggest obstacle is that when I realize I'm dreaming, my brain tries to do the "control the dream and then wake up" step, and I get out of bed all proud that I finally did the lucid dreaming thing. Except I'm still dreaming, and it turns into a endless matryoshka doll loop of Inception bullshit. Does it still count if your dream self could control their dreams, but you couldn't control them? :sigh:

Last night's dream was about elves traveling into the future of Tamriel to learn how to manufacture magical glass apples, which turned out to be a Fallout-style social experiment. A baseball team had a giant playing for them, so their rivals sent in the Dark Brotherhood to assassinate it with telekinesis and monofilament whips.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The doctors told the mother that her baby would definitely die if she chose to have it born so early, but she really wanted it to have the same birthday as her, so she told them to go ahead with the C-section. The baby was the size of a bean and, to no one's surprise, quickly died.

A few nights ago, I dreamed that I was playing Morrowind on my laptop in the back row of a classroom. I was killing Vivec when the professor came around to scold me for not paying attention. I told him that I could focus my mind on up to five separate tasks at once, and if he couldn't, that was his problem. He was so proud of my use of CHIM that he sent me to talk with the real Vivec.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

ClearAirTurbulence posted:

I'm at work, opening and sorting mail. Each envelope includes, along with the usual paperwork and checks, a live axolotl. I am to transfer the axolotls to an aquarium while I sort the mail and staple it together, and then when I finish the paperwork I move the axolotl to it's final destination, which I'm not clear on. I keep screwing up and doing stuff out of order, and I can't allow the axolotls to stack up because if I put two in the same tank they will fight. Several times I wake up, figure out what I am doing wrong, then go back into the dream and promptly forget what I am doing again. Very frustrating.

Did you staple any axolotls together? :ohdear:

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Dreamed that XyloJW posted some cartoons by Deep Hurting in the politoon thread, because he didn't know he had drawn them, and he got banned. That was pretty much the whole thing.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Woke up shouting incoherently twice this morning. The first time I was dream-pissed at my little sister over MLP and her refusal to take responsibility for her actions, the second time my brother was telling me how unhealthy soda is and I wanted him to stop, goddammit. Apparently I'm really passionate about these things.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Another dream that I knew how to lucid dream. This time my dream-self could exert limited control over their dream-self by making them levitate. They would still spend the entire time wondering whether this meant it was a dream, or whether they'd finally developed mutant powers, but it was something.

There was a really, really fat pigeon on the power lines, so fat that the poles were bowed trying to support its weight. I took a picture, but it was actually a still from a movie, so I couldn’t claim credit for it.

A smartphone app that lets you fly as long as the two phones using it are within a certain range of each other.

We can’t have unisex/partner bathrooms because people will just have sex in them and/or use them as classrooms.

Hester Prynne’s naked body burned at the stake as an example to those who would follow her depravity.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Circuit analysis and zombies, in the vein of "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies."

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Futurama. There was a race of humanoid cetacean/crustacean aliens with weird eyes. They were very obedient and would do whatever someone asked of them. However, their race shared a certain amount of misfortune spread among each member. When one of them died, everyone else got a little more unlucky. One of their race traveled to Earth, investigating rumors of a “cursed tribe” where far more crab-people were dying than was expected.

Bender thought it was hilarious. He had the crab-people build a giant stadium, a cube hovering in the sky with a set of seats in the middle. The crab-people asked what some of the seats were for, as they couldn’t fit in them; they were either for sacrifices of different races or for Bender to watch the slaughter in comfort, because this stadium was about killing as many crab-people as possible. I’m not sure of the details, but the games began.

Eventually, the crab-people sent over reverse-GLADoS, an AI/robot who was an extreme pacifist but had a similar voice. She took over the stadium and stole Bender’s hard drives, because the data on them would help her shut this place down. Bender acted like he had been defeated and had a change of heart, reaching up to touch her gently, but activated a superpowered magnet as he did. This erased all the data on the hard drives, and he laughed, victorious.

He went back to running the stadium, and then it all happened again, because, as someone in the audience remarked, “they needed to fill time.” There was another hazy battle scene, and in the end reverse-GLADoS programmed the stadium to put up an electronic barrier which interfered with Bender’s mind and physically throw him out. He was pissed, but there was nothing he could do. The games ended.

Other things:
- Foreign hackers were using remotely-installed Bitcoin programs to hack the world bank through random citizens’ phones and computers. The only way to stop them was to turn off all electronics. This started out around my family, but by the end, Fry and Leela were rioting and smashing windows inside their building because lack of electronics = the apocalypse. For some reason the outside had turned into a jungle.

- A ton of small, cute white kittens grew up to have rabies, or at least they were assumed to have rabies, as they were frothing at the mouth and attacking people. One bit a girl, and her father shot it so they could do the rabies test, but the girl loved the kitten and said she would have been willing to get a rabies shot instead so it could live. The dad rewound time with a dial, but the girl changed her mind when she saw how big the rabies vaccination needle was.

- Eventually rabies turned into mushroom spores/a virus. Lydia (Skyrim) was infected but wouldn’t admit it until she and her Thane beat a dragon on the rooftop of a building. The cure was garlic, so an infected Big Fat Tony and two of his lackeys shared a garlic spaghetti, doing that scene from Lady and the Tramp.

- A little girl was flying around the city on a serpentine dragon, but they weren’t able to see very far because of the pollution and the smoke from the “demons” (trains). The dragon told her that she could use her mind to clean it all up, and she did, turning the water and skies clear and blue.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

I don't remember the context, but Dan Dreiberg from Watchmen was lying naked and crying on the ground while Batman glared at him in disgust.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Yellow Kirby had to impregnate Ralof from Skyrim so he could give birth to Superman in the future. Somebody bumped into the person carrying the baby, which caused his DNA to rub off on the fetus, and Superman became Spider-Girl. Having a miscarriage/stillbirth means that the man who supplied the sperm is a horrible person, like Hitler, and he's being punished by God.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Portal and ATHF. Frylock was trying to get them through a chamber, but Shake had the portal gun and was belligerent as usual. It was one of the rooms where a disintegration field and a wall stretch across the center of the room, so you have to fly across it with portal physics. Additionally, there was a basketball hoop on the other side that they had to get a cube through. Frylock tried to explain, “Shoot a portal on the ceiling, then one on the floor…” But Shake was babbling about how he couldn’t throw a cube that far (to the other side of the room)! How could they expect anyone to do this?

Finally Frylock grabbed the gun from him, shot one portal near the top of the wall, another onto a rug on the floor. He grabbed the cube, jumped into the floor portal, and as he came down from the wall portal, grabbed the rug and flipped it over, changing the portal from orange to blue. This got him to the other side. Then he stood underneath the hoop and shot one portal straight up to the ceiling, another to the floor, and went through while holding the cube. Shake was in awe.

Elder Scrolls. A Khajiit woman had to believe to put the lightrail trains on the right path and have them guide her home. But their current path was too eccentric and would never be fixed; she justified her lack of faith as “she was a local commuter, the trains are long-distance.” She entered the green line and shut it down to put it onto a normal path again, then tried to get home. But now the train gods were angry at her for her lack of faith, and the blue line that was supposed to take her home blew past her without stopping. She took the magenta line instead, but it began to zip over jumps and gaps in the path, and she realized that the green line had been a test of faith, which she’d failed. The magenta line crashed into another train perpendicularly and the dream ended.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Tali was handed a miniature datapad with the conclusions from her father’s experiments. The secret weapon for killing the Geth was a common seed mixed with ketchup. Everyone who had hoarded fast food ketchup packets was suddenly rich.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Belle and the Beast were waiting in a subway stop circa December 2001, when OJ and his trial lawyer came down the stairs. What was supposed to happen, according to flashbacks, was that OJ would insult the Beast’s hair and then the lawyer would throw him onto the tracks so he’d get hit by a train and lose both legs and one arm. This time, Belle rebelled and grabbed him as he was being thrown, tossed him against the wall, and dream physics meant that the lawyer pivoted around and was thrown onto the tracks. My dream-self was extremely concerned about whether or not this was racist.

A middle-class, formerly rich family attempted to go on vacation. There was talk of classism and the illusion of the American Dream, but the important part was that the family ended up going to trial, so Anderson Cooper biked across the country in a Nixon mask to come to their aid. It ended with a tearful speech in zero-gravity about how Republicans were stupid, because microeconomics and microeconomics did not work the same way.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

I waterboarded John Kerry and blamed it on my little brother.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

X-23 carved tattoos with her claws after having Jubilee imbue them with neon. It made the tattoos beautiful, but very flammable. She began to tattoo one on a dwarven girl when she had a crisis of conscience, stopped partway through, and hid her instead.

There was an undersea cave with a mermaid whose tail was a vicious eel/fish with a mouth full of teeth. If you fell into the water pit she would throw you to the wall and eat you. The wall held you there with webbing, and the first attack would tear the webbing apart and let you escape. If you were a child molester, you couldn’t escape, and the next attack would kill you. The mermaid was also a child molester/abuser who had been locked inside a clam for 20 years and changed her ways through meditation.

razamataza posted:

E: for those of you who don't know, GLaDOS sounds like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVlLOGL9ezE for extra creepy factor

GLaDOS dreams are creepy. She's shown up in mine twice.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Tentacles. Girls jumping off a high-dive platform and being gradually turned into tentacle monsters as they fell through the levels that had been tainted by seals. Jon Stewart wearing capri pants and chatting with his guest as he waded into a kiddie pool holding the tentacle monster. An Ash Ketchum proxy who smuggled a tentacle beast under his shirt, and was hit by several lightning attacks from the dictatorial governess of the town. The tentacle monster was charred, but alive, and he tried desperately to find a tank for it. The tank had to be in two sections in an hourglass shape, the top somewhat wider than the bottom. The tentacle beast would latch onto the top and bottom of the hourglass automatically and its mouth (like an octopus beak in the center of its body) would be pulled up and down through the narrow middle. Ash could not find a suitable tank, and so he swore his service to the governess in exchange for one of hers. Proxy-Brock said, “You know she’s just going to make you kill it when it grows into a Beedrill?” And Ash said that he knew, and that he was fine with it, or he’d get around it somehow. The tank he was given was a bit too small and the mouth had to compress itself to fit between the middle, but he had already sold his soul so he couldn’t ask for a different one.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Star Trek. There was a brief opening about Q before it segued into a musical number with Picard as a mailman. This was intended to represent Picard's nostalgia. Picard put down a stack of boxes containing mail and lamented that the mail just kept on coming. The others in the room said that that was what you got with this job, and today was a busy mail day. They offered him two beers. He took one, and the other was a bottle of water belonging to Cleveland from Family Guy. He switched back for his own bottle of water, but in that moment Cleveland had already drank half of it. Picard said, “drat, man, if you need it that much, keep it!”

They played a game like baseball that was based off of a famous Russian plot to assassinate a political figure. One of the players was a cartoon Harlem Globetrotter. Proxy Picard hung back and watched, but when they asked him who won, he said, “You thought I was keeping score? I don’t know how this game is played.” So they launched into an explanation about the history of the game, which angered some Russian guy, who shot a random dude with a shotgun and he splattered all over a heating vent. Globetrotter finished his speech by rolling his eyes and saying, “and [Ivan], who is going to have to clean up that vent now…” Ivan grumbled and got to it.

Ivan was Nathan from Metalocalypse. While he was scrubbing the vent, the group got a call. The girl from a previous part of the dream involving alien coming-of-age lipstick mood ring Scientology bullshit was being held in a cave and they had to go rescue her. They were informed of this via video call, Nathan came up close to the video and put his hand in, because he knew this girl. His hand went through the screen and he teleported to the cave.

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Last week I had a horrible dream. It was about my aunt and both parents dying over a span of two months. It had everything from the diagnosis, their deaths to the mourning. I felt really bad for the whole day.

What's the longest time span that passed during one of your dreams?
I'm going to geek out a bit. Junji Ito has a story about this called Long Dream and it's pretty good.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

I participated in a race held by Kim Jong-un. After we were done our laps, we had to climb a rock wall, stick our pin into a felt section, and write our nickname next to it. I couldn't find any good pens and the felt section I had was black so I ended up putting mine into the surrounding wood. For that, I was sentenced to death. I sat in a room with other prisoners and militants until American soldiers burst in, shooting me to death with everyone else because "war isn't always simple" and I was apparently dressed like a Korean.

Next the princess of Korea and Maggie from The Walking Dead took me out to a fancy restaurant. The princess ordered a placenta made up of noodles and an extra one for me, but the dish was so fancy that you had to be wearing jeweled princess gloves to eat it, and I didn't have any. The princess insisted, but Maggie intervened and said that she'd get the second placenta instead. The waitress brought me a small portion of placenta to sample anyway! :allears:

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Played some Bioshock before going to bed last night, so the resulting dream was about the apocalypse. I had a choice between two groups of survivors. One was the libertarian “free republic” of ponies, and the other was the progressive “people’s democracy” of ponies. I chose the first one because they had more members and less ponies.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

My proxy was at an awards ceremony for Star Trek and trying to find a seat that wasn’t next to the VIPs, by screaming patrons/children, or dirty. There were Pokémon battles going on, and herds of Gyarados would fly to the top of the bleachers by flaring their gills and catching the wind to use Bounce. I played a lot of Dragon Age Origins the night before so there were a LOT of fireballs; my proxy had the Selective Spell feat but didn’t use it and kept aggro-ing partymates.

Steve Jobs released a device that would let you fly around on mechanical rotors/wings. A guy who wasn't Bill Gates countered with the very first Pokémon Technical Machine for humans, containing Bounce. The subject would strap on a few orbs, and the orbs would let them bounce like superballs and exaggerate the height in a way that broke the laws of physics. This was because they specifically did not cause you to bounce, but instead put you into a semi-weightless state.

Ralof from Skyrim dated a farm girl who put all her skill points into lamb milking. Another girl shipped her character and Ralof under the names “he/she” and “she/he.” I told her that those terms were considered hate speech by transsexual people and she should reconsider using them, and we chased each other around a SEPTA trainyard, flying.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Stress dream. I made a YouTube video about the drawing styles of Ted Rall and Chris Muir. It was badly done, and everyone on the internet laughed at me. I tried to redeem myself with another video where I took a stuffed cow I had when I was a kid and shoved it into a bush. It got 32 million views within minutes of being posted and even more people were laughing at me.

One from a few weeks ago: Every time I turned on my computer, I had to watch a CG movie voiced by Barbara Streisand about a deer living in a magical forest. It took forever to load up and taxed my system to the limit, but there was no way to get rid of it.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Now my dreams have a recurring video game. It's basically a log flume ride through a sawmill, and you have to jump over obstacles on the track and avoid falling logs. The final level involves firing a bunch of logs down slides to knock down a larger pile of logs, and plays like the boss fight at the end of Portal.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Faye Valentine from Cowboy Bebop took a vacuum cleaner/repeating crossbow out to see the world. It could handle sand, but not water. It wanted to take a picture, so it hired a pair of hookers to pose and hold the camera, but then was irate that they were not identical twins. It also wanted them to sit there for hours until the picture was set up properly. Faye told it that it couldn’t expect them to sit around for no pay, and it went on a rampage.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Merman David Tennant traveled to an alternate 9/11. One man who was supposed to lead the counter-hijacking on Flight 93 decided he didn't want to die and went back in time to avoid it. Because of this, the plane crashed into the White House, the Taliban won the war, and everyone's clothes shifted into heavily fur-trimmed robes. David Tennant complained that he'd lived too long to end up like this. He convinced the coward to commit suicide by jumping off a bridge, which set everything right. Time reset and there were scenes of him swimming through the ocean to merman David Tennant's approval as movie credits played in the foreground.

There was another scenario where 9/11 was caused by two fighting dragons who worshiped Kyurem. My proxy traveled to yet another version, which was in a post-apocalyptic US. She lived with a small band of survivors and convinced them not to let Roger Ebert drive a car at night because he had seizures caused by terrible night vision.

Is there something specific that causes severe disorientation/dizziness in dreams? I keep having scenes where I need to walk in a certain pattern, or run in some direction, or perform a simple manual task, but I end up wobbling around in circles as though I'm drunk and falling asleep. In the last dream I was suffocating in a black void and had to swim to the surface, but I couldn't find "up" and kept ramming into invisible walls.

Cygna fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jun 30, 2013

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

I don't know what it is about Doctor Who and mermaids. Last night Tennant visited Rapture and saved the citizens and mermaids from the Soylent Green candy gestapo.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Apparently being slightly inebriated before going to bed turns my brain into a TV antenna. Last night I got a few episodes of a police procedural, a full episode of Doctor Who, and some Pokémon.

A woman's husband proposed to her, but then he was murdered and his DNA was used to stage a rape. She married another man, and it was revealed that both she and her daughter were addicted to cocaine. There was some other crime which caused them to divorce, and the ex-husband and wife argued about which of them deserved child support. The daughter fell down a flight of stairs while high and died, the mother overdosed on cocaine and died, and the husband committed suicide. As soon as he died, a black minivan filled with hundreds of yellow balloons had its doors spring open, which represented the activation of his life insurance policy. It was sort of like "The Gift of the Magi." Later, several women were captured and kept in a torture dungeon to fulfill some guy's foot fetish.

Rose Tyler had to impersonate the queen of England and defeat possessed mannequins that each represented a different British imperial territory. Later she was on a spaceship and had to defeat a single Dalek. Somebody declared, "What can kill a Dalek? A thousand Daleks." So they brought in a thousand Daleks from a parallel world, each of which locked on to the native one, shouted that he was not registered, and disintegrated him. Then Rose had to open the airlock to flush the thousand new Daleks out of the ship. The Doctor didn't make an appearance at all, though he was there in spirit as one of the investigators in the police procedural.

A Pokemon scientist was inducted into a society that was performing genetic manipulation and breeding experiments on Pokemon. He saw that the Pokemon test subjects were miserable, and refused to join them. The leader of the organization was Iris (generation V champion). She had a pet indigo weasel that matched an indigo weasel he'd seen in a book somewhere. He asked her about it, and her hair went limp and fell over her face. Caps were put on her and bystanders' heads, and an electric shock was sent through them to erase their memories.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Heavily influenced by season 3 of Doctor Who with some Elder Scrolls mixed in: the Doctor’s new companion (female, teenager, tubby, fair skin with reddish brown hair) was selected by Vivec to become his avatar. She was taught to control a human’s digestive system by painting the path with yellow-green and white bile on the ground. She had to specify everything, from the motion of the food from the mouth to the stomach to the chemicals that would go to the brain and tell it to start the digestive process. Occasionally she would get something wrong by a few centimeters and Vivec would take her hand and guide it to the correct place. Vivec had teal hair and entirely golden skin, but he was definitely Vivec.

Then the Doctor had to chase her through water-filled tunnels with several other guys. He had to inject himself with a water-like solution that caused the salt to be sucked from his blood and nearly killed him; he rectified it by increasing his blood pressure. In order to save America, they had to form a parallel reality where Obama contracted with another country that wasn’t “those Turkish bastards” and California had to split off to join Mexico. The nuclear explosion was confined to their reality and ours was safe. They were also briefly in the 1770’s and the girl was influencing the men who formed the USA, but then she flashed them and they laughed at her.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

GLaDOS battled the Tenth Doctor because according to her he was a giant phony, and through portals and the Tardis they tried to launch each other in to the void of time.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Tag cloud of my recorded dreams from the past sixteen months.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Dreamed I had a watch that was spiritually linked to the Tenth Doctor and would slow down or speed up as he traveled through time. Woke up and got really excited because I have a watch exactly like the one in the dream, but when I found it, the batteries were dead.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Mr. Unlucky posted:

Find some new batteries man, quickly!
Picked some up this morning and the watch is ticking away again. I feel unreasonably proud of myself.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Sarah Jane Smith and the Third Doctor traveled to 1970s America, where a woman was reanimating members of her family that had died during the Great Depression. The undead father couldn't comprehend the changes between contemporary warfare and WWI, which drove him mad. He killed other people by shoving his ragged, incomplete reanimation circuit into their necks. Sarah Jane and the Doctor were chased onto a roof, but escaped by boarding an 18-wheeler with rocket boosters and flying it into space. There they entered a time/energy stream which recharged their vehicle and let them return to the TARDIS.

Kheldragar posted:

I can't believe I'd even have SA be a part of my dreams.

It happens to me all the time. Sometimes Lowtax even shows up.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Traveled on a raft through an underground slime chamber full of dripping ooze stalactites where images of historical political cartoons played on the walls. The most popular theme was a giant elephant outline filled with dozens of smaller animals (elephants or donkeys, can't remember) all crowding towards its rear end, trying to get out. It represented a shift in party values.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

An entire high school centered around, basically, the butterfly derby from Futurama. One girl wore a set of wings attached to her arms, and her partner used a pair of paddles to drive the air current and help her fly. There was also an alternate version of the school that was underwater, for mermaids. There was a callback to that episode of American Dad where the wife dances and sings in Saudi Arabia: this time, once she was locked up, she used her butterfly gear to perform aerial stunts for Kim Jong-Un until they were impressed enough to let her go.

• Locked thread