Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos
Ok, I'll play.

Last night didn't amount to much. I realised I was dreaming in the dream (as an unemployed person, experience has taught me that this happens after the 7-hour mark) which leads, as always, into an unstable lucid dream, where I know I'm dreaming but have learned that altering things even slightly will cause me to wake up. So I tried to alter things and woke up, because I'm an idiot. Power tools two houses away and curtains really bad at stopping light didn't help. Stupid IRL interferences.

Two nights ago was better. Ok, I was on my usual quest, seeing as all of my meaningful dreams have me searching for something only I don't know what. Something to make my life worthwhile and reconcile what I once was and what I am now is the best guess. Anyway, I could fly (but takes a lot of effort), but my firearms and rapier sword were useless, all the usual junk. Running around a beautiful landscape built from fragments of memory meshed with computer game scenes, I eventually found a device I was searching for. It was an alien machine capable of reading the Elder Scrolls, which was momentarily weird then I remembered I already had 3 scrolls thanks Dawnguard DLC I had played recently (all these things are from that Skyrim game). Look, computer games, when they actually manage to mesh with my dreams, they mesh really well. I'm still running scenes from World of Warcraft though I haven't played that in over a year. So this device gave me 2 more scrolls, but I intuitively know I need 6 in total.

So, maybe I'll dream of a 6th scroll soon? All I know is, last I left off with that particular narrative, I was employed as a stable boy to some aristocrat who's daughter was in love with me. No idea how I got to that point. Still at least it's better than escaping from a nuclear reactor meltdown only to have guards telling me I can't leave the area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

Toriori posted:

Two nights ago I dreamt I was on a city bus, when someone outside tried shooting someone else. The bullet flew through the bus window, ricocheted off a pole and went into my stomach. I touched my stomach and saw the blood and started crying, three black women behind me were freaking out. They pulled me outside and laid me on the grass where a girl I worked with came and sat with me until the ambulance came (we happened to stop right at the end of her street, which is a very steep hill). In the distance I could see this weird wooden plank house...it had a turret like part that looked like it was about to burst, but it was just weird architecture. I was crying and crying and actually thought "I wish [fiance] would hear me crying and wake up".

Then some army guys came and took me to an army hospital where they took the bullet out of my stomach while I was conscious, so I put it on a necklace. Then I had a bloodied bandage around my waist for the rest of the dream, basically the rest was just walking around and telling people I got shot and it hurt.

I have lot's of really strange, vivid dreams. I started keeping a dream journal because I can remember them so well right after I wake up and it's cool to read them later when I've forgotten details or about them entirely.

Yeah, getting dream-shot sucks. Not as bad as being drowned though. It's horrific. Word of warning: do NOT drown in dreams. It's actually physically painful. The only way I avoided it hundreds of times was by remembering I could breathe water. Not enough times unfortunately. Additionally, the sheer momentum of 30 metre dream waves is not to be trifled with. They drag you out into deep water when they recede. You see a beach - watch that surf, and be ready to run!

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

January posted:

No one in my dreams has ever been impressed that I can fly, either. Most of the time, they don't even seem to notice.

Urgh, flying.

I don't deny it's glorious, seeing everything from high and feeling so free. But tactically, it takes so much effort it's better to run really fast, and then hide or fight - if you're in a fight that is. And never count on people being impressed, in fact everyone counts on your ability to fly, and if you can't in that particular dream they can actually be disappointed.

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

Hsien-Ko posted:

Do people just make a bunch of poo poo up for these threads or do I just have really boring dreams?

Nope, sounds like all your subconscious desires are actually fulfilled in waking life. Congratulations on not having sex dreams, quest dreams, flying dreams, or apocalyptic flood dreams. It seems like all these desires are fulfilled in real life. Or whatever the current psychological interpretation for dreams is.

Kuja posted:

Apocalypse flood.

Hey there Apocalyptic flood dream buddy!

Know this: there is always higher ground that you can reach by flying. The problem comes when you can barely gain altitude one your own, much less carry your own weight. Yes my un-athletic body follows me into dreams.

Oh yeah, I thought of another recurring thing. See, here in Australia in the state of Victoria, there's a tiny thin winding path called the Great Ocean Road. It's along a cliff edge for much of its way, nothing separating your speeding car from the deep blue ocean. The legal speed limit's the maximum (roughly 62.5 mph for you Americans) and I've had dozens of dreams just flying off that drat thing.

Regardless, please visit my country. I assure you, hardly any of the tourist buses actually fly off that tiny road into the ocean and have all the occupants eaten by sharks. Really it's totally safe just my dream self doesn't think so.

Edit:

Toriori posted:

Every year I also get this one recurring dream after the school semester wraps up; I wake up in the morning and holy poo poo! Today is the final exam! But I didn't study! And I also forgot I was in the class and therefore did not go to class all year!
Gets me every time, never fails to make me uncomfortable.

It's worse when you've finished all your exams, and it carries over into waking life. You get up at 6 am, after almost endless dreams about exams and studying, get dressed, have breakfast, about to leave, no time for anything, at the last second you realise that your last exam was two weeks ago.

Even worse when you dream about high school exams and you've been in college for four years :psyduck:

IronClaymore fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Nov 20, 2012

• Locked thread