Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

I dreamed I was working in the M&M mines in the mountains. Looked like Tibet or some place. I wasn't working in the mines though; it was some kind of vacation. I had my chisel and I chipped away in the red clay-rock to find the M&M candies but the few I found usually broke. At one point in a manmade cave I found a lot of raw gold ore on an oak table and swept what I could in my pockets while nobody was looking. I think there was also a love interest. Then I dreamed about having to clean myself in a public bathroom that had at least 35 stalls--each stall had only a shower head and the walls and tiles were avocado green.

All of my dreams involve either climbing things or being stuck in a labyrinthine building; usually an inescapable bazaar or shopping mall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

ARACHTION posted:

Come out of the closet already! I think we can all tell what this represents!

I just woke up from the ultimate climbing dream! This one's real straight though.

I dreamed I lived in a long, narrow house and needed new roommates. So two attractive college-aged lesbians and my uncle moved into one room. My other family was there too, because it was going to be Thanksgiving. Somehow we decided that we should all go see Rocky Horror Picture Show. To get there, we (and some other folks) had to go across the world's biggest monkey bar challenge. It was like all the different stuff at a playground that you climb and go across. Combined with water park tubes and things. It stretched as far as the eye could see. Underneath was a massive lake. So you better not fall! Up, over, down... it was exhausting. Arnold Rothstein was there and tried to trick us into taking a wrong turn at a monkey bar fork; it didn't work because he had it wrong and he ended up behind all of us. Tomorrow was thanksgiving and I knew I'd be too sore to be useful.

At this point some of the more athletic members of our party were so far ahead I couldn't see them any more. I was worried about it getting late. Anyway, I was really developing a crush on this girl who was doing that climb. I'd met her just that day. She was a pretty young black woman who had (I'd feel disappointed to learn later) a quite flat chest. I asked her to marry me. She said yes, and I knew we were making a mistake.

Naturally the wedding would be held immediately; as soon as we got to the Rocky Horror mansion. Then I was like, wait a minute, aren't those guys cannibals? Wasn't that in the movie? I wasn't worried enough to call off our plans. There wasn't a choice either--the interminable monkey bars ended at the mansion and I couldn't avoid it. The ceremony was nice. Dr Frank-n-furter wasn't there, but plenty of creepy characters were. The only one I remember specifically was the girl with the short pink hair from the movie.

Now it was getting late; the group was to stay the night. I was feeling antsy while talking to my family and getting used to saying the phrase "my wife." I was too tired from the climb to consummate the marriage and feeling generally worried about having rushed into such a thing with a girl I barely knew.

The next day we had to go a hundred yards or so over the short remaining length of monkey bars to get to the parking lot. Willy Wonka was waiting right there for us with our luggage. He was very nice but I got the impression that he was somehow behind the whole thing.

TL;DR: Went across the world's biggest monkey bars for thanksgiving; got married to a stranger; met Rocky Horror people; it was a scheme by Willy Wonka all along.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

I dreamed I had a book called Nicolas cage: the revenge of a sad man, by Dusty Lowb.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

I had a dream about the movie The Birds, but I've never seen that movie. So in the dream a flock a birds killed their keeper to intimidate me (a lawyer) into bankrolling a documentary about special needs students.

• Locked thread