Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Is there a schedule to the stat-boosting meals Aiya sells (not the rainy day beef bowl)? Or is it random?

I only did it when it was rainy outside and it worked out really well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Yeah, sticking to rainy days for Aiya is fine.

Started up my third playthrough about a month ago. Just trying to clean out the rest of the trophies (HRF/Skill Cards/Plat).

Haven't gotten a single distress call yet, and I've been online in every dungeon. I really used to enjoy it, too. :smith:

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Poonerman posted:

Haven't gotten a single distress call yet, and I've been online in every dungeon. I really used to enjoy it, too. :smith:
I noticed that distress calls don't seem to come in until I put out my first one in a given session.

I'm finishing up my first-ever playthrough, and I've had a great time with the game. It's amazing how much depth and detail they put into everything, especially the dialog (though it can be a bit long-winded -- no, Yosuke, you don't have to rehash what we just talked about five more times).

I'll probably wait on New Game+ though. It sounds like there's very little that changes story-wise.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner
Is there an in-game bonus to doing the Aiya challenge or is it just a trophy?

I only ask because I literally maxed out my skills on the very last day it was available in my first playthrough, and I don't really feel like starting a NG+ if it's just for doing the beef bowl challenge

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
There is no benefit to actually finishing the rainy day bowl other than the pride gained from doing so.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
It's not worth it, there isn't even a funny scene.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

robodex posted:

Is there an in-game bonus to doing the Aiya challenge or is it just a trophy?

I only ask because I literally maxed out my skills on the very last day it was available in my first playthrough, and I don't really feel like starting a NG+ if it's just for doing the beef bowl challenge

You'll probably do a NG+ at some point if you want to get all the trophies anyway, like the secret boss fight and the ultimate fusion.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
HRF and Platinum attained on Mandala 4 :toot:

I will never touch this game again.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
I looked up what that required, and it seemed ridiculous.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

WhiteHowler posted:

It's not really that bad. If you use every party member a decent amount and aren't ridiculously overpowered, you're bound to get it.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

WhiteHowler posted:

I got it on my first playthrough without even knowing it existed :shrug:

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Poonerman posted:

It's not really that bad. If you use every party member a decent amount and aren't ridiculously overpowered, you're bound to get it.
I refuse to ever put Teddie in my party for any reason whatsoever.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

WhiteHowler posted:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WhiteHowler posted:

same, but chie instead

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

my first playthrough I named my character Teddy since that's my nickname and then every time Teddie would talk I would just be mad because he stole my name

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

WhiteHowler posted:

I got it on like my third Risette line right after you get her in NG+. So I somehow managed to get ~249 lines in one playthrough but not whatever easy bullshit one I missed there.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

same, but chie instead

what the gently caress is this poo poo

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

WhiteHowler posted:

Someone has not climbed the stairway to maturity. :colbert:

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Color Printer posted:

The truth. You must reach out to it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Color Printer posted:

chie is a failure of a party member

open your eyes and accept the truth

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

robodex posted:

my first playthrough I named my character Teddy since that's my nickname and then every time Teddie would talk I would just be mad because he stole my name

that's what you get for trying to make a self-insert

weirdo

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

chie is a failure of a party member

open your eyes and accept the truth
Galactic Punt is great.

Am I the only one who went with an all-girl party (including the MC in drag, of course) once Naoto became available?

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

If Chie isn't in your party for the whole game you might be playing wrong.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

WhiteHowler posted:

Am I the only one who went with an all-girl party (including the MC in drag, of course) once Naoto became available?
Probably not. Personally, everyone in my party went Super Sentai once I unlocked the Feathermen outfits.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Anybody who doesn't have P4MC as the Hardboiled Detective against the December boss is objectively doing it wrong. :colbert:

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

Really Pants posted:

that's what you get for trying to make a self-insert

weirdo

My next playthrough the PC will be named Mary Sue

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Marty Stu, clearly.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Delsaber posted:

If Chie isn't in your party for the whole game you might be playing wrong.

Dumped that bitch for Kanji because he started out 7 levels higher and we bro'd our way through the whole game.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Dumped that bitch for Kanji because he started out 7 levels higher and we bro'd our way through the whole game.

Chie and Kanji are both good party members, I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Kanji is the better girl tho

• Locked thread