Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Unrelated to Ultimax, I think I'm going to try for max social links on NG+. How easy is it to pull off without a day-by-day walkthrough?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Pretty easy. Jester takes precedence over everything, then Aeon and Death. Aeon has a really wide time limit but it does have one, and Death is only available on Sundays and holidays. Everything else just make sure you have the persona you need on hand.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
For anyone besides UberJumper, pretty god drat easy. You can finish dungeons in one day and can use any free time at night to visit the shrine and power up any link so that they'll level up the next time easily. If you find yourself constantly hanging out with people but never actually leveling up, then you're probably picking bad answers and making it harder than it needs to be.

It's also a good idea to prioritize Jester over everything else if he is available in a given day/night.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

NG+ is great. Running around in ridiculous outfits while breaking the game over your knee with overpowered personas and EXP/money increases is so much fun, I've played Persona 4 enough times not to really want a challenge any more, so I'm just having a blast murdering the poo poo out of Shadows and trying to max as many social links as possible.

Gonna use mostly Izanagi on this run. I haven't given him all of the most broken skills yet (mainly because I don't have all the skill cards), but he's already got Ziodyne and Atom Smasher to wreck the poo poo out of the early game. I think I have enough money to replace Rakunda with Debilitate at this point, so I should probably get around to doing that. :kheldragar:

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

OH NO MAN posted:

Gonna use mostly Izanagi on this run. I haven't given him all of the most broken skills yet (mainly because I don't have all the skill cards), but he's already got Ziodyne and Atom Smasher to wreck the poo poo out of the early game. I think I have enough money to replace Rakunda with Debilitate at this point, so I should probably get around to doing that. :kheldragar:

The Izanagi challenge is super fun to do. In my NG+ play through, I had basic Izanagi with Victory Cry, Debilitate, and Megidolaon. :getin: I also used the Magatsu version as a heavy-hitting spellcaster.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

That isn't much of a challenge.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Has anyone been keeping up with The Golden Animation? I like it, and the most recent episode was some hilarious farce. It's Christmas Eve, and Yu sets up a party. He then invites all the girls, and all 4 of them misconstrue it as a date. Things snowball from there. I never thought P4 would remind me of watching Frasier, but here we are.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Good news, Persona 5 has been confirmed for PS4. Also, an animated trailer was shown. Bad news, the Japan release date is now 2015.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
here's the Persona 5 teaser/trailer from pre-tgs sony stream from Altus

http://youtu.be/-Y5U8n4Ie3I

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C41k3NnrueU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Persona on PS4? Holy poo poo yesss :flashfap:

Less happy about the Japanese release being pushed back. :ohdear: I hope that doesn't mean we won't get a western version until 2016, that's like... in the distant future, only a year before the invasion of the giant insects and robots.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
I hope they don't cut out chunks of the game and make them PS4 exclusive because that would be ridiculous Bull poo poo

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Instant Grat posted:

I hope they don't cut out chunks of the game and make them PS4 exclusive because that would be ridiculous Bull poo poo

I seriously doubt they'd ever do that. The only way I could ever imagine them doing anything of that kind is if the scenes in question were somehow impossible to do on PS3.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
The fools. They should have waited a year and made the PS4 version significantly better so people would buy the same game twice. Persona 5: FES.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I wouldn't be surprised if the PS4 version is just upscaled and not terribly impressive looking.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Instant Grat posted:

I don't understand why you would even consider this a possibility.

DarkHamsterlord posted:

The fools. They should have waited a year and made the PS4 version significantly better so people would buy the same game twice. Persona 5: FES.

They're doing that anyway with the inevitable Vita port.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Manatee Cannon posted:

They're doing that anyway with the inevitable Vita port.

And I'll buy it in a heartbeat just for another fix :smith:

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

BreakAtmo posted:

Good news, Persona 5 has been confirmed for PS4. Also, an animated trailer was shown. Bad news, the Japan release date is now 2015.

Well there's my "Xbone or PS4?" conundrum solved. Thanks Atlus!

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

So we've recently had the Velvet Room in an elevator and a Limozeen, what do you think the next one will be?

I'm liking a private train car.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

A supply closet. Philemon's had to make some budget cuts.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Prison Cell, let's just go all in with the theme

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Well an elevator is a vehicle that can basically just move up and down, and is not fancy at all. A limousine is a vehicle that can move freely in two dimensions, and is quite fancy indeed. Therefore, by extrapolation, the new Velvet Room will be in the back of a Gulfstream jet.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Arbite posted:

So we've recently had the Velvet Room in an elevator and a Limozeen, what do you think the next one will be?

I'm liking a private train car.

Maybe with an old timey poker game going on or something, yeah.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I'm hoping for a mystical speakeasy.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

I assume it'll be something appropriate to the theme like the last two.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Maybe not the place for this question, but has anyone heard anything new/different about the possibility of an English version of the Eternal Punishment for PSP remake? I have all the Persona games on my Vita, but want that version instead of the PSOne version. Because lets face it, the Vita is really just a portable Persona machine.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

They said they weren't going to bother.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

chaosapiant posted:

Maybe not the place for this question, but has anyone heard anything new/different about the possibility of an English version of the Eternal Punishment for PSP remake? I have all the Persona games on my Vita, but want that version instead of the PSOne version. Because lets face it, the Vita is really just a portable Persona machine.

Last I heard, it's never ever coming out and you should give up on it.

edit: like, I mean Atlus actually said "No, that's never going to happen"

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Last I heard, it's never ever coming out and you should give up on it.

edit: like, I mean Atlus actually said "No, that's never going to happen"

That said, I want to play through P1, and the two P2's on my Vita while waiting on P5. Will Eternal Punishment be a nightmare since it's the PSone version, or is it still a solid enough game that it'll be ok?

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

chaosapiant posted:

That said, I want to play through P1, and the two P2's on my Vita while waiting on P5. Will Eternal Punishment be a nightmare since it's the PSone version, or is it still a solid enough game that it'll be ok?

I haven't played it personally so someone else could probably answer better than me, but from what I've heard, it holds up pretty well and even has a really good translation, ignoring some compromises they had to make so it matches Persona 1's really awful localization.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'd just find an LP of it or something instead. The gameplay is terrible and the translation (and honestly, the plot in general) is only good by the standards of 90's JRPGs. I don't think you'll hate yourself for playing it or anything but it is a PS1 game so you have to know what you're getting into.

Do not play Persona 1.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Has there been any news on Arena 2 for EU? I would have imported Arena 2 from the US but that whole region locking with arena 1 has me afraid of just burning my money.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
You should definately play EP it's the best game in the Persona-series story and character-wise. The actual gameplay is pretty mediocre however, the saving grace being that it's pretty easy.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I've had Innocent Sin on my Vita like, pretty much since the day I got it and never got around to playing it because I messed up a rumor really early on and then got paranoid about playing it without a guide. Could I finish the game and just never play EP, or is it basically "140 hour JPRG: Part 1 of 2"

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

They're two halves of a whole, similar to Digital Devil Saga. Eternal Punishment is the continuation of the story as it leaves off in Innocent Sin.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Hey quick side question, I'm playing through Very Hard on new game+ and i'm basically just using Izanagi and customizing the poo poo outta him.

Everything's fine except the drat dice enemies. They have a tendency of killing everyone with last resort and it seems that if I focus on one dice the other will use last resort. Do they share a threshold of damage before deciding to use last resort? What's the best way to kill or disable both on my round of turns?

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Golden Goat posted:

Hey quick side question, I'm playing through Very Hard on new game+ and i'm basically just using Izanagi and customizing the poo poo outta him.

Everything's fine except the drat dice enemies. They have a tendency of killing everyone with last resort and it seems that if I focus on one dice the other will use last resort. Do they share a threshold of damage before deciding to use last resort? What's the best way to kill or disable both on my round of turns?

I don't remember if they have any elemental weaknesses, but if they do you can use elemental attack items and spells to knock them both down and finish them with an all-out attack. Alternatively try to have someone guard (probably the MC since you kinda need him alive) and see if they survive the blast :v:

Since you're on NG+ you might have access to protection spells that might help as well.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

They're weak to Zio though an AoA usually kills one and the other just instantly retaliates with last resort. I'm at the Sauna just at the beginning. After a few levels i'm sure an AoA will finish them off. I'll just skip it and keep trying to dizzy/panic them.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Golden Goat posted:

Either nuke them harder or hama/mudo them, I think Last Resort enters the AI script based on both current health and battle rounds.
You probably won't be able to kill them both in a single volley, but a full health one will not use Last Resort as its first action of the battle. You're probably underleveled or need a better Persona loadout if you can't kill one per round.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Sep 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Golden Goat posted:

They're weak to Zio though an AoA usually kills one and the other just instantly retaliates with last resort. I'm at the Sauna just at the beginning. After a few levels i'm sure an AoA will finish them off. I'll just skip it and keep trying to dizzy/panic them.

Remember, you can always say "no" to an All-Out or Follow-Up Attack if you think it's a bad idea.

• Locked thread