Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krystal.lynn
Mar 8, 2007

Good n' Goomy
So, uh, my immediate impression is to discourage trying Very Hard mode even if you've played before. It seems to be the same as Hard in terms of damage but it slashes experience and yen gains to under half, as well as disabling dungeon retry. I made it to the mid-boss of the first dungeon before I realized I am no longer the sucker for punishment I once was.

Aside from that starting hiccup, it's great so far. So many awesome quality of life improvements. I'm hooked all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krystal.lynn
Mar 8, 2007

Good n' Goomy
Endgame spoiler question:

Do you have to romance Marie to unlock the new dungeon, or just max her social link? Getting mixed messages on that from just googling around.

krystal.lynn
Mar 8, 2007

Good n' Goomy
Cool, thanks.

more endgame spoilers: Relevant to the Valentine's event discussion. I'll be sleepless for weeks if I make my animes cry.

krystal.lynn
Mar 8, 2007

Good n' Goomy

Pollyanna posted:

Oh god, Adachi link 5 (or so) spoilers.

The story Nanako's reading is the book Akinari wrote in P3P.

Related Emperor (5-ish?) minor spoilers: Akinari is also referenced by Kanji when the kid asks him to make a stuffed pink alligator, "like in that storybook."

krystal.lynn
Mar 8, 2007

Good n' Goomy

Zetta_Slow posted:

Anyone have a site or a list of the exact conditions for the true ending which is spoiler free? I would look around a bit, but I'm terrified something will get spoiled if I look for it.

This is about as spoiler free as it gets: http://www.giantbomb.com/guides/persona-4-ending-guide-spoiler-free/1277/

krystal.lynn
Mar 8, 2007

Good n' Goomy
Gah, two levels in Moon and one level in Temperance away from a perfect S.Link run. If there was one more week in February I could've done it.

Oh well, something for my NG+ Very Hard run. :unsmigghh:

krystal.lynn
Mar 8, 2007

Good n' Goomy
Hard mode, just south of 90 hours, True(st) Ending and every S.Link maxed.

(Final TV Listings Spoilers) Anyone know what loading your file does when you go to rewatch the summer epilogue?

Gonna let this cool off for a while. Next time, Very Hard mode and to collect the remaining 48% of trophies I missed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krystal.lynn
Mar 8, 2007

Good n' Goomy

ShadeofDante posted:

So I just started. Beat P4 original on normal, thought I'd give this a go on Hard...

Spoilers for my roadblock ahead:
So I'm stuck at Shadow Yukiko. Like, road block. The combat is much more enjoyable/high risk than on Normal, but because of that I can't fly through the dungeon like I could before. Between that and the new S. Links and all the new content, I'm stuck on 4/29 and cannot beat her. I'm at level... 13? 14? I can get her down to about... half health? And dispatch the Prince or whatever, but then I just run out of SP/items to keep me chugging. At this point I feel I should just restart, but dammit, I like the level of challenge Hard is giving me at this point...

What Personas are you using? You can fuse Senri (Empress) at level 9, which blocks fire.

• Locked thread