Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I always thought game over because MC died in P4 was weird anyways. I had assumed it was in P3 because of, well, canonical reasons, and never really understood why it was in P4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Schubalts posted:

I forgot how many Link options require Courage, geez. :negative:

Talking to girls is legit scary man. Nothing like fighting demon gods.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

RentCavalier posted:

This analysis doesn't help me what's girl's weakness what do I do DO I CAST BUFU I'LL DO IT I'LL CAST BUFU

BUFUUUUUU

oh poo poo she's dead oh god oh poo poo

If you drink enough spoiled milk you'll get better at that.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Liquid Penguins posted:

Is there any reason to kill the reaper in p3p? I know you get rare drops in 4 or something.

In 3 FES there is a request to kill him which unlocks the extra block in Tartarus. I don't remember if that's the case in P3P though.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Endorph posted:

Assuming they didn't change anything, here's how fusion works. Thoth is Level 46 Emperor.

This is also p. 62 in the manual for another way to reference it.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
The game isn't any easier on a gameplay level, it's just easier on a user interaction level because you don't have to go through stupid bullshit of losing four hours of your life because you didn't save, or going through a hundred menus trying to get Spell X on Elder God Y, or micromanaging 50 Soul Drops every two battles. It's just streamlined.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Regence posted:

Chie is great for this, revolution+rampage means you're gonna crit like half of them. If you have a persona with rampage, odds are you can get an aoa and get like 3 levels in one battle. :getin:

In Naoto's dungeon, the hands enrage themselves, so they're even easier to take down. It's a great place to level up underleveled characters.

Yep, and she has the crit up passive too (apt pupil maybe?) :getin:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Aeon definitely has just 'hang out' meetings. They take place on that picnic table where you get the fskewers.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Nate RFB posted:

I will say this much: in P4 vanilla, I didn't try to max out anyone and hosed up a few of the links (didn't start Death until really late, didn't take advantage of lunches), yet I still wound up maxing out everyone except for Moon.

Good choice!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Capsaicin posted:

What the hell?! I made this stupid zombie with Sukukaja and now Margaret isn't saying anything :(

If you just made it then you have to leave the room and come back in. She only recognizes it when you first enter.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I found the Megido card.

Goodbye all Hands forever.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Speedball posted:

Staring at the ocean gets your equipped persona a hidden extra skill, and fishing is...fishing. What does swimming get you?

Courage up. The third long trip you can actually get double courage from both the ride and swimming, but that only happens once.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Uh, I'm sorry for asking? No, I guess I don't care about half the girls. I skip through most of their s link dialog. But I've already have some as girflriends because that's just the choice I default to. I was wondering if there were any new drawbacks and if I should stop it. That's all.

Yes. Occasionally one girl will show up when you're with another girl on a date and gently caress that slink advance for that day. It's really rare though and you'll probably not even see it.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I am getting really sick of un-skippable poetry every time I enter the Velvet Room. It peaked with the clown rap and then has taken it about 7 steps too far.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Cake Attack posted:

Do you actually need Diligence higher than Rank 3 for anything? Nothing immediately comes to mind.

The Meat Dimension

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I got a Rescue from a Kanji which I think is a great choice.

You're Kanji? I'M ALSO KANJI! GETBENTGETBENTGETBENTGETBENT

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Dr Pepper posted:

It's just not as interesting as the other social links.

She has poor self esteem, that's about it.

Plus she's like 1/3 the protagonist's height so if you go the romance route it's a little creepy looking.

All I can ever think of when making my choices is that Hiimdaisy comic.

WHO WANTS TO HELP ME WITH MY SELF-ESTEEM ISSUES?!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Captain Tolerable posted:

EDIT: Though one thing I cannot seem to get used to is the transition from Teddie to Rise, I find Rise's voice actor annoying.

Once Rise gets leveled up to the point where she just starts interrupting battles because OH-LOOK-IT'S-TIME-TO-poo poo-HEALS-AND-BUFFS-EVERYWHERE you won't care what she sounds like. At all.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Welp, Megidolaon. That's probably going to wipe my whole party...

RISE HAS BLOCKED THE ATTACK

:stare: poo poo is so broken.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Went into the final December boss and completely played slop all over the place. Forgot to guard attacks. Forgot to heal. Miss-clicked commands like 25% of the time because I forgot my cursor was set to remember last command position.

Still mopped the floor with him because of how retarded Rise is.

Forgot to guard? Oh, I'll just negate that attack for you. And then heal you. And then throw power charge and mind charge on everyone. Also take all these buffs I had lying around and some SP.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Is the blue one a reference to something? It looks familiar.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I used the strategy of 'punch a hole through him with Kanji while praying Rise blocks all attacks and throws around buffs like they're going out of style'.

It worked exceptionally well.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I don't think I ever finished the Tutor link before. Reporting Atlus to the 'Happy Birthday' people for copyright infringement.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Really Pants posted:

Oh of course I know how Soseki Natsume translated the phrase "I love you" into Japanese for his book, Kokoro. Who doesn't? :psyduck:

I do love that all these obscure little factoids are always the first or second result on Google's auto-complete, though.

What do you mean you don't know how to make Okonomiyaki? PICK AN INGREDIENT!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Really Pants posted:

Where can I get stuff for my shelf? I need more model robots for when girls come over.

Also, what does "Everyone is charged up and focused!" mean? Is Rise seriously dropping free combined Mind/Power Charges on the entire team? If so, do they stack with the normal sort?

Yes, she is. No, they don't stack. Yes, Rise is straight bullshit in this version.

e:f,b

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Fall posted:

That said, L1 Analyze upon battle entry did become second nature.

Oh you're going to hate this then:

Analyze lines don't count towards the trophy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

WhiteHowler posted:

I looked up what that required, and it seemed ridiculous.

I got it on like my third Risette line right after you get her in NG+. So I somehow managed to get ~249 lines in one playthrough but not whatever easy bullshit one I missed there.

• Locked thread