Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Is Izanagi still a bleh persona? Kinda sad to me that you can't keep the PC's signature persona.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I figured. Just wish you could do a proper Yuu Narukami mode.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

When do you get special fusions? Did they change it for Golden or something?

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

Spoil it! Let your failure serve as a lesson for the rest of us!

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

Schubalts posted:

Were non-active members able to do follow-up attacks before? Teddie just skated in and drill-kicked a shadow!

I've had Yosuke ride in on his moped and ram an enemy before. No wonder his bike is always broken and poo poo!

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

Sylphiel posted:

The cut off used to be end of November iirc, but in Golden you can SL with your party members clear into January.

But you have to finish Marie before catching the true culprit?

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Yes, because she disappears for all of January and February.

Crap drat hell.

Well, that's going to have to wait for New Game+ I guess.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I think I tansitioned to Tam Lin after Black Frost and kept him for about 2+ dungeons worth. For NG+ I'm gonna try keeping Izanagi the whole way through.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

The only thing P4 spoils for P3 is that the world doesn't end.

It is an SMT game though, so that the world doesn't end may be a spoiler in and of itself considering it's been the premise before. :psyduck:

Isn't that kind of the premise for all SMT games including Persona?

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

McDragon posted:

Teddie in the Agent suit. :3: Almost worth using the useless lump. Yeah, I know he gets better, but drat is he awful when he first joins up. And with my MC having plenty of Ice coverage, Teddie really isn't going to pull his weight.

He's good as the designated healer early on. Funnily, my Teddie, Kanji, and Naoto have been higher level than Yosuke, Chie, and Yukiko.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

McDragon posted:

Does he get that boost to healing spells skill and Amrita? Because Yukiko's got both of those right now. Love those extra skills from S-Linking.

He gets Amrita, and the healing boost doesn't matter a ton when the heal spells upgrade to simply healing a target or party to full.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I am a whole dungeon ahead of you, 3 if you count bonus boss runs because I generally clear floors, and I'm only hitting 80.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

Snix is going to have a pretty good shot of fusing Lucifer at this rate.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Downright shameful question here: on a weapon, does the HIT stat indicate how often the character equipped with it will score a critical hit or how often their physical attacks will connect in general?

Pretty sure it's the latter. I think your weapon's accuracy also affects physical Persona skills as well. Yeah, I don't use the bats.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

Zetta_Slow posted:

If I make the right choices in S.Links, can I just keep leveling them? Or will they just get stuck until I hang out with them for no benefit? I'm wondering if I should just keep doing available links until the others open up, or if I should just keep trying until they rank up.

I think drawing a fortune at night gives you points for raising slinks too.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

Dr. Fetus posted:

Oh man, I am getting my butt handed to me in Yukikio's castle. But that's okay, because I can just restart from the floor. I really love the new additions and changes they made in Golden. It's so much less frustrating, and they cut out all the fat from shuffle time. By the way, how are you supposed to deal with the golden hands in this one?

Before getting a decent source of Almighty damage I was spamming my hardest hitting physical attacks and praying for crits.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

Epilogue stuff:

What the hell Kanji? What the hell?! :catstare:

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I like that they put in the effort to give anime Yu his own inner demons to confront.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

Tier 3 Rise along with Naoto makes the new dungeon really easy, if still long.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

TheWorstAtWords posted:

It's one of the things you can get from hanging out with someone at night, I think.

This is true...

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

A while back I was thinking about how Persona 4s 'real life' setting and themes of identity and personal struggle are much more resonant than the overwrought plots of Final Fantasy and that can be accounted for Persona's popularity.

Then I remembered that FF13 sold a bajillion copies and will probably keep doing so on sheer inertia alone.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

Endorph posted:

Ah, kay, my bad on that one then.

No, you DO NOT.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

You're the one that keeps bringing up killing hookers Jet Ready Go.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

Hey! What do you know? Age of consent doesn't magically make it not creepy.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Because you need Understanding to realize that you are the beef bowl.

And then John was a beef bowl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

Always Be Fusin'.

• Locked thread