Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I started on Hard and died once to the intro boss after the MC gets his persona. When I managed to actually beat him I had used all of my Medicines and a Soul Drop. "Hard" does not mess around.

Thank god for the new fast-forward feature, it took three minutes of fast forwarding (and a minute to fight the battle with the two tongue-things) just to get back to the fight.

I keep getting thrown by little changes here and there, like how you get free reign to run around town so much earlier in this game. I mean, unless I'm wrong there's nothing extra to DO there in the first couple of days, but it's a nice touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

How do the different versions of VLR compare (3DS vs Vita)? 999 was so intrinsically tied to the DS I'm kind of wondering if it would be a bad choice to grab the Vita version of VLR...but on the other hand, I love digital games and the Vita's screen is just so gorgeous....

e: Holy crap wrong thread.

Rockman Reserve fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Dec 15, 2012

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

P3P also fixes the Fatigue system so that the early game isn't nearly as tedious. P3 vanilla/FES were horribly slow going to begin with. Between the party control improvements, the Fatigue fixes, and the fact that you can put your Vita to sleep and toss it in a bag mid-battle if need be make P3P my version of choice.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

I think I might have screwed myself out of the Risette trophy already - I'm level 44 on 7/15 and the rest of my party is up there as well, so it's going to be really hard to get the "it's really strong!" quotes.

The Vita's sleep mode just makes it way, way too easy to chill in a dungeon and grind for money for a few (real-world) days without letting any time pass in game. In the PS2 version you'd pretty much have to bail from the dungeon at the end of a play session to save, but Golden sidesteps that problem entirely.

Oh well, maybe NG+.

(Also, for some Persona Chat: I haven't grabbed a Black Frost yet but I have a level 46 Taotie with 49 Ma, Megidola, Mind Charge, three different element attacks for weakness sniping, and Invigorate 1. I'm fairly sure I could roll through most of the game with this, the way Shuffle Time works.)

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Nondevor posted:

The Izanagi-only run is doable if you decide to fuse a new one.

Is this really the case? I figured the thing that would end up hamstringing you is the low base level, which everyone keeps pointing out is factored into the damage equation somehow. Fusing a new one shouldn't change that, should it?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

It's easy enough for me because of one shining beacon.

Yes I know I have more times to watch it but he sold me a Growth 2 card! How could I not but from him ASAP?

How many other people here heard the little jingle in their head instinctively on seeing that picture?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

TheLoser posted:

There's nothing worse than going through NG+ cleaning up everything and then accidentally locking yourself out of the bonus boss. :negative:

That will teach me for making assumptions on how this game works.

How DOES the bonus boss work? Do you just have to complete the compendium first or what? I'm taking my dear sweet time with this one so I've got a long way to go yet, but it still seems like something worth knowing.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

As much as I love this game, sometimes I wish I wasn't playing on Hard. Not due to difficulty or anything, it just seems to make some battles an absolute slog. I get it, you power charge and herculean strike on alternating turns, it hasn't killed me yet and it won't kill me the next twenty five turns either, can you just lay down and DIE already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Schubalts posted:

Spoiler about eyes on a boss:It's theorized because you can see the Sagiri's eye inside Shadow Teddie's head.

This totally just blew my mind. It makes sense in so many ways (especially, if as suggested by someone else, it's more explicit in the anime), but it's also subtle enough that I'm almost doubtful the developers did it intentionally.

• Locked thread