Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

jtm33 posted:

Is there any advantage to giving a skill card to Marie more than once?

It wouldn't even let me do it (I had two Sharp Students). She took one and the other never showed up to give her.

So no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Belphegor is a SMT classic; he's been on the toilet since SMT2. He's a demon of sloth, and gives ideas for inventions that will make the summoner rich. It's probably based on his illustration in the Dictionnaire Infernal. He was on a wheeled chair, but pretty much everything else was the same. You can see it on Wikipedia.

So I guess when you have an idea on the can, it's supposed to be his fault.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Pollyanna posted:

I called him Akemi Nakajima. Points if you figure out why.

Isn't he the original Megami Tensei protagonist, who is related to Izanagi?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

One more question, sorry to ask so many, but sometimes in dungeons I hear chains and some creepy rear end noise. I already beat the hell out of the Reaper in P3 so, assuming it is him but... I'm not getting any warnings, just chills because the sound is freaking me out.

The warnings will happen when you try to open a box; it's hiding in one, and there's an 'are you really sure' question.

It's safe to walk around otherwise.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Let me tell you about being low-leveled for Persona 3's final boss and then getting charmed and using Diarahan after four goddamn hours.

gently caress charm.

I know that story, except for me it was Lucifer in Nocturne.

I didn't have Pierce. And I would (probably) eventually have won until my Super Pixie decided to target the wrong side with Diarahan.

I haven't actually tried it since.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

nerdz posted:

You say that but I did manage to charm a boss in FES. That one who eats its minions, if he eats a charmed minion he becomes charmed himself.

That works in Strange Journey, too, and is probably the easiest way to beat that boss.

I guess it's just a SMT gimmick. I didn't know about it in FES.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
You're going to want to be a little higher. You might also be well-served by fusing Black Frost - yeah, yeah, everyone suggests it, but it's really nice to have that resistance set and Black Frost's high-end damage output will really help too, especially once it can Mind Charge and Fire Amp.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

SonicBoom posted:

One little thing I thought they would do is that (minor weather-related spoilers I guess) the weather channel is always right. I was expecting it to be wrong sometimes, like it is in real life. Maybe I just live in a really weird area where they're wrong half the time. I was positive they were going to gently caress with me using that at some point and they never did. When I stop and think about it I'm not sure how it could have been pulled off without being a huge dick move or completely inconsequential, but still. Or maybe they did and I just didn't notice. :tinfoil:

The Inaba forecast is always right.

Given that the fog-causing rain is the kind that sticks around for a few days, it probably wouldn't hurt anything if they occasionally told you it would be cloudy and it's rainy, since that wouldn't cause enough fog (or if it was sunny, since as far as I know there's very little difference between sunny and cloudy days).

Presumably they didn't to avoid the whole dick move thing, though.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Spite posted:

Even that would screw you over because almost no social links are available on rainy days. So if you're planning ahead you're now SOL.

Messing up the rain would, unless it's at evening.

I don't know if there's any mechanical difference at all between sunny and cloudy (but non-rainy) days. Is there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

MrAristocrates posted:

Kanji being playable in P4D makes me wonder how they're gonna get around him looking wildly different in P4G's epilogue. I assume they set Ultimax right after Arena at least in part to get around that problem.

I'd love them to incorporate his new look, but they'll probably handwave it somehow.

Not sure if really a spoiler, but just in case,

Maybe he'll get both costumes.

• Locked thread