Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
I'm presently surprised with the gameplay tweaks. I just got done with Shadow Chie on Normal and they were actually pretty difficult. Also I learned about an attack I'm pretty sure I never saw in the first version because I always wiped the floor with them.

EDIT: Ahahahaha Oh God the Shiroku Pub :allears:

The GIG fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Nov 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Vinlaen posted:

So... is there any difficulty what-so-ever in "Easy" and "Very Easy" modes?

I'm leaning towards "Very Easy" because you can instantly retry if you die which sounds great for me because I have very limited time to play and I don't want too much of a challenge but mostly just want to enjoy the story, but I still want a balance so gaining personas, etc, still has a point to it.

I think Easy would be better since it's a good balance between relaxing and having to play smart. Though since it's Atlus there's still a chance of getting murdered not paying attention even on V.Easy.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

HeeHeeHoo! Music King! is a pretty cool addition. Love just taking a break and listening to the soundtrack.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

flyboi posted:

Two questions: how do I hang out with my partners to level up the S-Rank on them? Chie wants my nuts or something but I can never find her except at night.

They need to have an "!" over their heads after school. When Chie's social Link is available she's on the roof instead of in the classroom.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Volt Catfish posted:

It's not GOTY unless they made Naoto viable.

Did...did they?

Yes. Check the OP for their new skillsets. Someone has a chance to learn all four -Dynes. :getin:

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Starting over on Easy. The changes to the enemies and the game are really throwing me for a loop from the game I played just a month ago. :negative:

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Capsaicin posted:

Is penis chariot in this game?

The dick wagon is still running wild. :black101:

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

As another dude who played the original version, I can say that this game is still challenging even after the changes. Also, if you think we weren't supposed to stand at the screen constantly refreshing the fusion, then you've never done Margret's requests.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

I usually dealt with them in the origninal by dropping Tetrafoo on them with Yosuke and then wailing on them. But before I learned that status effects were God in Atlus games I could not deal with them without being ready to throw out a smoke ball.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Bubba77 posted:

ANy amazing loot you get from this mini-boss thats worth the effort? Im not a completionist

Gives Yukiko a powerful fan that boosts her SP by 50. It's on the throne behind where the boss was.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

b0lt posted:

Isn't this the case for all of the ends?

Outside of the cash you ended the game with and your Compendium, yeah

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

drat, and I was excited to just Pokemon that poo poo for laughs.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

HiveCommander posted:

It wouldn't be a persona game without the S.links. Imagine DayZ without multiplayer.

Guess the first 2 games don't exist. :v: But seriously, I enjoy the S. Link system because a lot of mini stories they tell are pretty good.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Haven't been able to check lately, but does doing the capsule machine on rainy days still give you a chance to get Chest Keys from the storekeep?

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

Yes, it happened to me, although Chest Keys are easy to come by now anyways.

I know, but I prefer to farm as many of them as I can, and it's really easy to get a good bunch on the rainy lead up to the deadlines.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Also random question, that I'm honestly not even sure will have a answer outside of "they got lazy." but how come in half the animated cutscenes Teddie's mouth doesn't move at all? It's really, really strange.

Which Teddie? If it's while he's in his costume, that's because the costumes mouth doesn't move when he talks, it only changes when he need to make a silly expression.

If it's human Teddie then yes, they got really lazy.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Troffen posted:

Teddie's mouth never moved in the original cutscenes, but it does in the new ones, same in the anime and fighting game. I guess they decided it looked kinda creepy.

I don't remember them doing it for the Fighting game though? His talk sprite's mouth never moves.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

Is it just me or did Golden pretty much turn Naoto into the best party member?

Naoto can, potently hit any element, has Mind Charge and Invigorate and can easily handle everything with Almightly spells. Shreds random Shadows with Light and Dark, and is just amazing overall.

Of course, her new problem is the fact the eight skill limit means that Naoto is now the party member you have micromanage their skills with the most.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Oh yeaaaaah

How do you get those? I think I'll feel better about dumping the shield skills if I had that.

SLink max I think.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Just make everyone (Except Nanako and that one kid you tutor) romancable. I want the Old lady to get in a fight with the nurse and have Kanji blindside them. I want Inaba to erupt in riots after every social advance.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Radish posted:

Kanji is too good for Naoto. :colbert:

Kanji is too good for all of us.

Nate RFB posted:

Since Diligence and Knowledge are the two you can directly train at home, I'm guessing that those are the only two stats whose rate you can increase? I already have the Diligence book, at the very least.

You can also bump understanding by doing paper cranes, and expression by translating, not sure if they get books or not.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Schubalts posted:

They have books for all of the at-home jobs. And then a book for reading books twice as fast.

Please tell me you get this book last, just out of pure Atlus brand spite.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Moriveth posted:

I do wonder what people think of the MC when he goes to the Velvet Room from the door in the shopping district. I imagine time stands still but what if it didn't?

"Guys that weird kid is back again, he just stared at the Metalworks for an hour, bought five TaP sodas, and left."

To be fair this sounds like something the anime Narukami would do just to gently caress with other people.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

The Grimace posted:

Well, looks like I know what I'll be doing on my second playthrough... :gbsmith: Anything and everything to beef myself up for the New Game+ fight against Margaret.

Yeah, don't think for a second you're getting off that easy. You bring that accessory with you and Margaret is just going to drop a 9999 damage Megidolaon on her first turn. Just get the armor and weapons.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

What did this game do to you to make you want to unleash that on it?

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Nice to see Mara's sister is getting work.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Man, that garden is a Godsend for Sp problems. Already have 11 tiny soul tomatoes after a week, now that I've finished Kanji's dungeon. I can ease up on hoarding Soda and SP stuff from chests.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

I think the big reason I'm enjoying P4G so much is that I never feel like the game is taking my time hostage. Being able to put the game down at any time, not when you get to a save point or after a long cutscene or whatever, is so nice and it makes playing things like FF13 just totally agonizing.

It's really odd, jRPGs fit so well with the past 2 handheld generations that you just step back and wonder why the hell anyone put up with their poo poo for the past 20 or so years without standby modes or car/bus/train rides.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Another thing is if you have it, have Chie buff herself Rebellion, so you can start having a better chance at crits to get an extra phy attack from Chie, and boost damage for everyone until he get's back on his feet.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

I love you rescue logs.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

manny kaltz posted:

This has probably been mentioned somewhere, but what carries over to NG+?

Money, Costumes, Weapon shop list, Compendium, and SLink max items.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Captain McStabbin posted:

So I've been playing for a while and I didn't think I was too under leveled at the low to mid seventies for Izanami's dungeon. Then I got to the boss and managed to clear her, only to be immediately thrown into another boss fight? How are you supposed to keep your team mates alive for the final megidolaon spam before she switches? My party was set up with Chie dealing physical damage, Naoto on magic damage, Yukiko switching between burning leaves and healing, with me bouncing back and forth between doing damage with Tam Lin and healing with Raphael. Honestly, I just don't see how you're supposed to fight a second boss immediately afterwards, considering you can't really buy SP-recovery items. I've heard that Yoshitsune is good for the fight, but I'm wondering if it would be worth the grind, seeing has how I haven't seen a whole lot of golden hands.

Great game though, and I'm really looking forward to new game+.

Basically, play SP conservative and defensive for the first form, try to keep your weaknesses covered and don't be afraid to hurl out some of your support items, since those don't follow you to NG+ and they save you SP. In all honesty the first form is a push over compared to form two, since the first form's skills aren't anything more than high level spells, while form two has all kinds of statuses and Almighty based spells.

Also, while we're on the subject, I love the whole boss fight sequence against, since if you know the legend (Or remember it when they told you about it) you automatically know something's up with Izanami when you run into her. And then when you beat her, you think you're done, then she drops Thousand Curses on you and you have to watch as each of your friends take the hit and seemingly die for you, then when you finally get caught and the social link sequence finishes, you come back to her and even though she's dropping 999 damage on you, you stand right up and blow her away with I-N-O. I remember watching my sister play and make it to the final sequence and the thousand curses came out she just kept turning to me and going "What's going on? Why are they dying? Why can't I beat her?" :ohdear:

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Not to mention if that's the thing that breaks your suspension of disbelief then how the gently caress you make it so far into the game?

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Guys, I'll have you know canon has already addressed this matter:

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

RadicalR posted:

Wait, you go into TV screens, you fight a goddess and THAT's what ruins the moment of immersion? You're a strange person :v:

The Goddess is most likely just a manifestation of mankind's desires, now keep up man :cmon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

If you don't max Nanako's social link as soon as possible then you are the final boss of P2: IS.

• Locked thread