Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I'm honestly fine with Chie's new VA. Some of the line readings may be awkward, but I'll deal with that because the old "Aha! Is this our chance?" grated the poo poo out of me. This one, not so much.

Loving the player voice feature, although it can give you some tiny, insignificant spoilers like if eating from the fridge will turn you in for the night. Also helped me figure out how to start Marie's link.

EDIT: Are party members suppose to have voiced lines when they say things in the dungeon? I noticed the music volume goes down when the dialogue box appears, but they don't say anything.

Vitamean fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Nov 22, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Boy, getting an Angel Statue sure is tedious.

Do the knights that drop it glow red in the dungeon? I wasn't sure if they did, so I've just been attacking everything that I come across.

e: Whoops, looks like a Positive King summoned one.

Vitamean fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Nov 22, 2012

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Len posted:

Is Marie the person I read negative things about? I remember reading a bunch of complaints that "they just added someone in like she'd always been there" but don't remember which character it was.

I don't understand that complaint. Wouldn't weaving someone into the story so well that it's like she was never not there be a good thing?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Speedball posted:

it's usually your protagonist who goes first.
Really? It always seems like Yosuke ends up with higher Agility throughout the game than my MC. Then again, I tend to focus on high Magic personas, so that might be why.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Axle_Stukov posted:

I don't know if it's still the case in Golden, but in the original during a preemptive turn the turn order goes party member 1 (Protag) through member 4 in order, this also applies to boss battles. Otherwise it is by order of agility so Yosuke goes first most of the time if you don't have some super high agility persona equipped.

Oh yeah, it's still the same. I just thought we were talking about normal encounters, not player advantages.

Ugh, I've been playing off and on since noon and I'm still in the TV. I wanted to see if I could clear the bath house in one go, but I probably shouldn't have done quest farming in the castle before that.

Just beat Hulk Hogan, so I think I'm a few floors from the end.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

DeathBySpoon posted:

Are the save points still gone from outside boss rooms on Very Hard? I noticed they're missing on Hard, but being able to retry from the same floor makes up for it. not having those AND not restarting on the same floor seems like a dick move, but ATLUS and all.

I don't think there's even save points outside on Normal (or at least they've gone unnoticed by me for two dungeons now). I usually just back out and save at the entrance to the TV.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Ahh, I've played through P4 three times over the years, but that's the first time I've ever beaten a dungeon from start to finish in one day.

SOS is a godsend when you get enough people.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I still think it's funny that exactly one of the bubbles I saw for the first day you could go into the TV was "Went straight home".

e: Here we go

Vitamean fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Nov 23, 2012

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I got the Adachi S Link, whenever I meet him it says he's busy and I have to wait until the case dies down. Does this mean don't bother trying to talk to him unless you're between kidnappings?

I think you might have to visit him in the evening when he says that. He's dicking around at the shopping strip during that time.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

DeathBySpoon posted:

Another question about the spoilered S Link (probably don't read unless you've finished the original P4)

He's the Jester arcana, and it says I get an EXP boost for fusing Persona of that arcana. Did they shuffle some old ones around to be Jesters now, are they all new, or is it a red herring? I know they do something with his arcana later in the game, so I'm curious how that actually affects your fusions.

Also, what's the lowest level Aeon Persona you can have to get the S Link bonus with Marie?

I've only got two unlocked so far, but they seem to be new to P4. I've got the two lowest levels, Gurr and Take-Minakata.

Lowest level Aeon you can get is at 18.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

If you really wanted to, you could run around gobbling up the level up and stat boost arcana and make it work. Slap on some skill cards that you pick up for higher tier spells and go to town.

e: Motorcycle spoilers: I just started the babe hunt in Okina. I was half-expecting Deep Breath Deep Breath to start playing.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

I think so, but it was actually in the original game too. Also since Breaking Dawn Part II just came out it's still sort of relevant.

That "my-places and life-journals" thing seems dated now, though.

Gyre posted:

So far the questions still seem to include obscure Japanese facts, but they're guessable obscure Japanese facts. One of the questions asks how Soseki Natsume translated "I love you" from English, but the answer sticks out since it's "The moon is beautiful tonight, isn't it?"
One of the questions I got is "Who mistranslated this kanji <<japanese rune>>". Better memorize what it looks like, because you have to select from three on the final exam.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

My Vita is now a portal to the Meat Dimension.

Romance talk: I learned about the Valentine's Day... surprise after I'd already maxed out most of the female links. Looks like I'll be in for a... surprise?

Maybe I'll just opt for NG+ off of the bad ending :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Dr. Ohnoman posted:

Anyone who doesn't pick that option is playing this game wrong.
But if I did that, I would've missed this sold-gold line from Kanji.

• Locked thread