Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This was my absolute favorite game on the Playstation 2. I really want to buy a Vita just to play this remake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

That whole sequence had me laughing pretty hard.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I forgot how much I really hate the parts where you have to gather information for Teddie. It's best to just look it up in a guide to get it over with, otherwise you have to run around all over the place because you don't know who to talk with. None of these sequences add anything to the game, but they are literally the one and only flaw with what is otherwise a perfect RPG.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Chie will always have a place in my party.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I had a link to the anime bookmarked but now I dont have it anymore. :( I never got around to watching it too. It should be okay to link here too because it was never brought to the west and is only in Japanese as far as I know.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dehry posted:

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Persona-4/Watch (Legal Japanese version for free)

It's Licensed by Sentai Filmworks and the P4G cast does all the voices.
http://www.sentai-filmworks.com/index.php?option=com_catalog&Itemid=54&view=item&id=677

(It's around $33 a set on most sites.)

You're my favorite goon forever now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I forget; if you don't max out all of the social links you want to in a single playthrough, is that okay? Are you suppose to be able to do it if you plan your days very carefully? I feel like you actually can't, and I don't remember if you can only do it or not on NG+ on the PS2 version.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Probably too late for me to do it then. Ooh well i'm not gonna stress it. I know what all of the endings are so it doesn't matter.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I got to the video game dungeon last night. The place looks so cool but some of those floors are a pain. I like all of the references though to older video games. Plus the boss that would later become a 3D Dot Game Hero character. :v:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I don't understand Youtube's copyright policies at all. It seems to have a shoot first ask questions later approach, with almost no questions actually being asked. So the system is very easy to abuse and it causes a lot of legit content to be removed.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I screwed up. :( I didn't throw that one bad guy into the T.V., but Nanako survived, Teddie left to go back to his world, and then I got the ending. What did I do wrong? There's suppose to be one more dungeon where you face the god that created the t.v. world and put the town into fog.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

alcharagia posted:

Did you stop Yosuke from throwing him into the TV?

Yes, I did. Was that the correct action? I remember it being the right thing to do, but its been a long time ago.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MrAristocrates posted:

You hosed up the answers during that sequence and Yosuke got frustrated.

Bleh, I hate poo poo like that, time to hit up Gamefaqs.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MrAristocrates posted:

Yeah, I'd recommend not going too far ahead if you want that particular bit to come naturally.

See the last time I played was in 2008. I think I remember who the next person is though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Please be a Vita game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Please just announce Persona 5 already. I almost feel like giving up at this point. It doesn't seem like the game is going to ever actually happen. It's even more painful when you remember too that when it does come out, it's still going to be a real long wait before the english version comes out too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really don't see a new Persona game on the PS4. Unless it was a spin-off title. There are certain expectations with the new consoles, and does Atlus even have the resources to meet them? I think Persona 5 is actually way more likely on the Vita. That or it's just wishful thinking on my part.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

So excited to wake up to this news. On the PlayStation 3 is a little disappointing, I wanted another Vita game, but that's okay. Another reason to keep the PS3 around. Winter 2014 feels so far away though, and that's going to be only for Japan. The west will have an even longer wait.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Leper Colon V posted:

I'm really, really hoping we don't end up in one of those situations where it's already so late in the console's lifecycle that they don't consider it worth it to translate.

For what it's worth, Persona 4 came out December, 2008 on the PlayStation 2. So it should be okay. Atlus knows there's a big following here. Sega on the other hand.... But I really don't see why that would be an issue for this game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Since Persona 5 was only announced for Japan, assuming a western version is also announced, I wonder if it could come out on the Xbox 360 in the the U.S. too?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

I hope so, I may just trade in my 360 towards a PS3. Although I'll feel like an idiot if they announce Persona 5: Chairsona for the vita.

Yeah, I expect Persona 5 Vita edition will still happen.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wish once you beat Persona 4 Golden, it would unlock a dungeon crawl mode where you can just skip the story and go back and forth between building S.Links and exploring the dungeons. I love the storyline, don't get me wrong, but I can only go through it once and then I have to take a very long break from the game before I can play again. The story is exhausting to me because there is so much dialog to go through.

That's basically what Persona 3 FES did with The Answer.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

epenthesis posted:

Because that worked out so well?

It did actually, that was a really good expansion to Persona 3.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

For Persona 4 Golden, what is a recommended guide to use that spells out what you should do each day in the game? This would be in order to max all of the social links in a playthrough and make sure you see all of the dungeons.This will be my 4th playthrough of Persona 4.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nate RFB posted:

I'm pretty sure any of the ones here would be fine. But that said, if you're on a NG+ run shouldn't it be trivially easy to get everything done? Hell even I was able to do so on my first run with a few days to spare by just using general P4 PS2 knowledge.

That's a good point. I hadn't considered that. This will be my first NG+ on P4G, but 4th overall between the PS2 game too. And i'm sure there will be plenty more playthroughs to come. :)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I mostly have issues with that quote about Naoto. Calling Naoto a he isn't correct at all, and is ignoring pretty much the entirety of Naoto's back story. Naoto didn't want to be a boy, she was hiding her gender out of fear of rejection in the profession she badly wanted to be in (a crime solving detective that focuses on murders). She wanted to be taken seriously as a female detective. Transgender issues don't play into her story what so ever. I agree with what Zoness is saying, I just wanted to add my own thing to it. Although I don't agree that the player (in this case the writer) is suppose to project their own beliefs onto the game. I felt like Persona 4 was pretty clear cut in what it was trying to show of the characters, and there is really almost no room for interpretation.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How are homosexual, and transgender issues viewed in Japanese culture anyways? I think that's really important to understand first before really getting into these characters, because Persona 4 first and foremost is made with a Japanese audience in mind. Nothing is changed for America that i'm aware of.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The teaser doesn't show anything. Just that it's coming to PlayStation 3 in 2015.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Persona is getting milked harder than Call of Duty. :v:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Strange Quark posted:

Atlus USA projected 150k sales for the PS2 version of P4 when it launched. Even combined with the numbers from Golden, I don't think P4 has even cracked a million copies in North America.

No, Persona 4 Golden sold over a million copies.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nessa posted:

I don't like the long hair on Naoto. I don't think it suits her personality. She seems too practical to have long hair. Long hair like that takes a lot of work to upkeep and look good, and Naoto just seems like the kind of girl who just wants a simple and practical haircut.

I may be biased, because I just can't stand long hair on myself though.

With the way Naoto comes to accept herself, the long hair makes sense. Her personality completely changes by the end of the game. During the games storyline she only has short hair because she feels she has to look like that, it's not what she really wants.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ashtarath posted:

I can at least see where people would get those kind of implications though.

Sure, if you haven't finished playing the game yet, but anyone who plays through it the first time and pays attention can no longer say this is the case.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

:getin:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Strange Quark posted:

It's a non-Japanese made fake. Character design is usually credited as character design, not "character designer".

:qq: <---- me right now.

Are you sure it's fake? LIKE REALLY SURE???? :/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Strange Quark posted:

The game comes out in five months max in Japan. Even if you don't hear anything from TGS (and you probably will), the information drought probably woudn't continue long past September.

That's true too.

Been waiting forever for this game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

No new Persona 5 info yet, right?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

oblomov posted:

Not for quite a while yet I think as ????? red event is 9:?? JST.

I am so ready to see some actual gameplay. Very excited to see what the game actually looks like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BreakAtmo posted:

Yeah, it's funny to think that the game was announced for a Holiday 2014 release, and we've reached February 2015 without seeing gameplay or even any real-time footage.

I forgot all about that. I wonder how they managed to be so incredibly far off their original release date. That Holiday 2014 release was announced in 2013 too.

• Locked thread