Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
So did they completely revamp shuffle time? I started the first for realists dungeon and shuffle time is just letting me pick from face up cards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Is penis chariot in this game?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Man, I am getting really well acquainted with the game over screen, even in the first dungeon (I'm playing on hard).

I'm stressing out over midterms, so I'm trying to get this dungeon done in two days. :\

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Oh man, the boss of the first dungeon came down to the wire, but I got it just barely with a Skull Cracker from Chie!

You can kinda game the system a bit by running around on lower levels of dungeons and using the SOS feature, getting an advantage on enemies, and then running away. In about 30 minutes of game play, I was able to raise my HP/SP on all three characters up to max on my second day in the first dungeon.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Is anyone else noticing that there are a lot more GALACTIC PUNTS in this game than in P4Vanilla?

I think I killed a miniboss or two with that thing.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Any tips for Shadow Kanji on Hard? (Second Dungeon)

I can usually get rid of one of the henchmen, but then I just get knocked out with Swift Strike and/or Poison. Everybody is in the early 20s, and I'm running with Yaksini, Shiisaa, Jack Frost, Eligor, Phoenix, and Titan.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Kanji is the best. I cannot wait for him to show his manhood to all these chicks.

I'm in the middle of June. Am I supposed to be feeling overwhelmed with everything I can do?

"Okay, I can put off talking with Nanako for a few nights while I read this book on how to get better at origami....wait, now I can go to the hospital? Yukiko wants to hang out today? NOW I HAVE A SCOOTER?! WHAT DO I DO?!"

I feel like I'm never going to progress in these.

Capsaicin fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Nov 29, 2012

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
What the hell?! I made this stupid zombie with Sukukaja and now Margaret isn't saying anything :(

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Do lightning/stormy days still count as rainy days for dungeoneering?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Nondevor posted:

How do you use the Rescue Request thing? I'm about to fight Shadow Chie, and I haven't seen anything like that showing up.

It starts the next time you go into the TV.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Any tips for the tanks in Rise's dungeon?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I understand why there are so many Yus when doing the SOS, but why do I see so many Soujis?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Anybody know any Personae that learn loving Auto-Sukukaja? Preferably one in mid-30s or below?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

It has big bold print that says it's not applicable for Golden.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Any 30s-ish persona that know/learn Megido? I need it for a fusion. :\

Also, is there any dungeons that I need to wait until the last day possible to do? Like if I finish it, it time skips? I remember hearing something along those lines, but I don't know which one it is.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I really like some of the sub-buttle things this game does. If you do an AOA with Rise backing you up, there's a pink skull in the smoke.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Holy gently caress the beach scene

Kanji is the best.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
You probably got some magatamas in chests on the way to that boss too. Use them. 150 points of damage to the boss just for an item? Awesome.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Captain Oblivious posted:

I'm dumb so, someone help me out here

When inputting my name, if I was to go with the Seta Souji name from the manga the proper way to input it would be

Souji,
Seta

Right? Japanese naming conventions CONFUSE ME SO :saddowns:

I think they Americaniszed the name input. Just put the first name first.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
So, you DO have to date Marie to get all the extra stuff, and not just finish the SLINK?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

ShadeofDante posted:

So. The extra boss at the end of the Castle. Is there any real strategy to him? I waited til I was done with Kanji's dungeon before really attempting it, and Rampage can still 1 shot me.

It seems pretty straightforward other than, you know, him randomly killing me instantly.

It's all based on how often he uses Rampage. If you can get someone that has resist physical on it, you can do pretty well. I think I used Raksasha or whatever it's called. Just keep debuffing him and using physical attacks with MC/Chie/Kanji, buffing/debuffing with Yosuke, and healing/nuking with Yukiko.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Anything that learns Tetrakarn?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Rank 5 Jester:

Adachi is so light hearted.

Marriage is where fun goes to die.