Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Boten Anna posted:

I still maintain that Chie sounds more like a huge nerd/dork and it fits her character way better. Old Chie didn't sound like a high schooler.

Chie and Yukiko were absolutely dire in the original, they sounded soooooo oooooold.

I don't mean "why don't my anime girls sound 12" I mean "why do my anime girls sound literally 40?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

gameday posted:

I'd also argue that trying to max all the S-links and getting all the personas on your first playthrough will almost definitely require a guide

It's not nearly as hard as Persona 3 in this regard, I seem to recall maxing almost every S-Link without a guide. It isn't terrible obscure or difficult like poo poo in The Bad Old Days (Chocobo Racing and poo poo like that).

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Vinlaen posted:

OK - That's actually good to know. It sounds like playing on "Easy" or "Very Easy" will still give me some challenge but I won't have to grind or stress out about dying, etc. (which can arguably be part of the fun, but I'm hoping for a -tiny- bit of a challenge so it's not just 'press a to win', but I don't want to restart/reload really at all)

P4 on Normal was really easy to me, it just depends how familiar you are with JRPG Bullshit I guess. I mean, it was easy in a satisfying way, the hardest thing was remembering what all the moon language names for skills mean when there are times you can't check (ie, while Fusing). What the gently caress is a Rakakuja?!

Not that I imagine it matters a whole lot, but I'd just go with Normal if I were you, really. I don't remember seeing more than maybe 3 game overs in the around 80 hours it took me.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Strange Quark posted:

Couldn't you press square for that? I'm pretty sure they never locked you out of checking what skills do, even if the descriptions sometimes aren't that helpful. (Enervate is "Enervates 1 foe." Yeah, thanks Atlus.)

Could you? I might be thinking of 3, or possibly I never tried that and am dumber than the lovechild of Junpei and Yosuke. I always checked skills inbetween visits to Fuse.

And hey at least "enervate" is an English word! :v:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

KongMu posted:

If you have a girlfriend in P4 and then try ti SLINK another girl does it piss them off like it did in P3? Or did they get rid of this.

You can do it without pissing anyone off in 3, you just have to keep a mental spreadsheet of who you've seen and when.

I replayed 3 earlier this year and it was bizarrely much easier than I remember. And 3 wasn't my first SMT game at all or anything. I can't imagine how easy 4 will be when(IF) my Vita bundle ever gets here. Holiday shipping disasters. :argh:

• Locked thread