Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emocrat
Feb 28, 2007
Sidewalk Technology
The posts in this thread seem to deal pretty much with just the funding side (I have not read the entire thing). But I am curios about the borrowing side.

What type of loan applications do you guys see, like what are people ostensibly borrowing this money for what kind of credit worthiness is there?

I looked at it briefly but it seems as though its not a great avenue to borrow if you have really good credit like myself. The lowest rates I can get on here are 6.8%, But I can borrow unsecured money for substantially less than that through traditional routes. So, who is using this? Is the process just easier? Or is there a perception that default is less of a problem here than with a bank so it is less risky?

I am just curios if there is any insight towards that side of the equation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emocrat
Feb 28, 2007
Sidewalk Technology

Saint Fu posted:

The vast majority of loans are for debt (typically credit card) consolidation.

Well, that makes a ton of sense I guess. I can see where consolidating that at a lower rate is difficult, other options for it would most likely be Balance transfers to a new card, which have a transfer fee and relatively short low interest time frames, or home equity lines. This would be a much much simpler method to control that kind of consumer debt.

• Locked thread