Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
What are the taxes on this? Is it just simple individual income?

I have some long term savings goals I could use this for. Better than my piddly 1% interest rate at the bank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Definitely going to not do too much heavy investing with this. I'll probably start with $250 into 3 year notes. I'm pretty conservative with my vetting as well. If they're revolving credit or debt to income ratio is too high I don't bite. Also, I use a rule that if I can't afford the monthly payment then they can't either.

I did see someone who worked at Wal-mart asking for a 30K loan. Yea right..

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

Uranium 235 posted:

Just because they work for Wal-Mart doesn't mean they work in a retail store. I wouldn't bet on that unless they live in northwest Arkansas (Wal-Mart HQ), though.

Don't remember if they did, but I just didn't want to chance it since retail is so volatile when it comes to working hours.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
I'm a borrower as well as a lender and I had to verify my income by sending in my W-2 and 2 of my last pay stubs. This was after I was fully funded. I think I'm a B loan based on the interest rate.

It is pretty awesome. I just needed a short term loan and the best I could get outside of lending club was 30%. My 16% beats that hard.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Yea if you can afford the payments go for it, but it seems like a bad idea since the economy just isn't that great plus you can't pull your investment out early if you need it.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

FISHMANPET posted:

So what do you guys think of borrowing money from the likes of LC?

Mine was funded fairly quickly by 1 person, but I mentioned I was already pre-approved by another loan company, but wanted to beat that rate. My rate with OneMain was 30% while LC was 16% so i quickly severed ties with OneMain after I was fully funded. I would highly recommend it for really small short term loans. Mine was 1,000 and I budgeted paying for 10 months. The only downside is if you want to make more than the monthly payment you have to e-mail support every month. You can make it permanent, but you sacrifice any hardship claims and limit your options and the monthly amount cannot be adjusted.

cheese eats mouse fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jun 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
I still had to send in my last 2 pay stubs plus my W-2 to verify my income. This was after I had a backer though.

• Locked thread