Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amun
Oct 16, 2002

That idea occurred to me as well, especially considering IR's auto-sell functionality. There's a 1% transaction fee, so you'd have to build that in. Considering demand from people that live in states that can't buy the notes directly, there could be a market.

Are there any stats on how liquid folioFN is? I haven't messed with it much either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amun
Oct 16, 2002

Big lack of new loans that match my criteria over the past week. Anybody else having this problem?

Amun
Oct 16, 2002

April posted:

The lowest grade in my filter is B, and I haven't had much problem before recently finding notes to match. I accept everything from B to G as far as grade, but my other criteria usually weed out almost everything but B's & the occasional C. I'll see what happens over the next few weeks, and maybe tweak some settings.

I actually use almost all of your filters from the strategy you posted earlier (thanks, btw!) with auto-invest on anything that isn't a B. Auto-invest on IR is actually broken at the moment, but I've been logging in at the usual feeding times and there hasn't been a whole lot that matches.

These guys post the number of new loans every time they come out, and it's definitely dropped off a ton: https://twitter.com/PeerCube

Amun
Oct 16, 2002

April posted:

I would definitely pick notes manually to start. Take your time (don't be me!), make sure you are only putting the minimum on each note, and read as much as you can. Have fun!!!!

Side note (heh): Has anyone else noticed more high-interest notes seem to be available with my filters?

I haven't had much trouble finding $500 worth of C-F notes with your filters every month. I have IR set to only auto-invest in those, and I've been averaging 13-15% on the ones I've gotten. It definitely feels like there have been more of them over the past six weeks or so, though -- I guess like anything else there's an ebb and flow to this.

Amun
Oct 16, 2002

It's probably worth mentioning that April has been re-investing everything, so those returns are with compounding.

Amun
Oct 16, 2002

I just got three "Credit for ineligible loan"s. Does anybody know what that means?

Amun
Oct 16, 2002

I saw the credit when I went to Account Activity. I check it every day or two just because I'm a little compulsive that way. I ended up with 6 in total, and while I don't have a spreadsheet with individual loans my portfolio overview on IR implies that they were D, E, and F notes.

Amun
Oct 16, 2002

Are they avoiding posting new loans until the IPO or what? This is a pretty brutal dry spell...

Amun
Oct 16, 2002

I'm personally starting to lose faith in LC. It's been 16 days since I've been able to buy a note that matches my criteria -- I've only been at it for a year or so, but I don't think it's ever been this bad. Money's just piling up in my account not doing anything :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amun
Oct 16, 2002

April posted:

Are you using IR?

I am, and I'm still using your filters! Thanks for the heads up - I updated my stuff so we'll see what I catch. You'd think IR would be better about communicating this stuff...

• Locked thread