Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Tell me about Darksiders II. I am interested in it at that price point.

In addition to the general style and mechanics above, plot wise you are basically one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse (War in the first game, Death in the second), and someone's set it off early. Mankind is wiped out, angels and demons duke it out for the fate of the world, and you're out to make someone's head roll for either A) setting it off and blaming it on you or B) framing your little brother for setting it off early. Yes, Death looks out for his little bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I think I'm gonna pick it up then. Thanks for the advice.

Out of curiosity, did anyone pick up Darksiders from THQ after they bit the dust?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Nordic Games did, so far the only comment out of them came from the last E3 and it's that we shouldn't look for Darksiders 3 for at least two more years.
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/14/nordic-games-thq-E3-darksiders/

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
I don't have the funds to spare right now, but next paycheque is definitely going towards Umihara Kawase. I'm super psyched to play it.
I've only played the SFC game for a short while, and it was pretty interesting. I did like the Game Center CX episode on it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
3D Outrun confirmed! No info and no announcement, just a logo at the top of the page, but who cares, Outrun!
http://archives.sega.jp/3d/fz/

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
The Super Scaler games are really the best possible thing to make a 3D enhanced version of.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of March 27):

quote:

WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Super Mario Kart (SNES, US ver.) - €7.99 / £5.49
    Mighty Bomb Jack (NES, US ver.) - €4.99 / £3.49
    Ninja Gaiden (NES, US ver.) - €4.99 / £3.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Mario Kart 8/Super Mario Kart digital promotion - buy Super Mario Kart on the VC, get a €7.99 / £5.49 discount on Mario Kart 8! Starts May 30, ends June 30.
    Nano Assault Neo - €12.49 / £9.99 from March 27-April 3
    Nano Assault Neo - €7.49 / £6.70 until April 10

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - €44.99 / £39.99
3DS eSHOP
    Skater Cat - €4.99 / £4.49
    Wakedas (demo)
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Adventure Island 2 (NES) - €4.99 / £4.49
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Snow Moto Racing 3D (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until April 17
    Real Heroes: Firefighters 3D (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until April 17
    Mutant Mudds (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until April 3
    Nano Assault EX (3DS eShop) - €7.49 / £6.35 until April 10
    Art of Balance TOUCH! (3DS eShop) - €5.20 / £4.70 until April 10
    Jett Rockett 2: Wrath of Taikai (3DS eShop) - €6.70 / £5.70 until April 10
    Angry Bunnies (3DS eShop) - €4.85 / £4.49 from until April 17
    Fishdom H20: Hidden Odyssey (3DS eShop) - €3.74 / £3.35 until April 17
    WAKEDAS (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.69 until March 27
    Witch & Hero (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.69 until March 27
    World Conqueror 3D (3DS eShop) - €3.99 / £3.59 until March 27

Whoa, the Wii U is getting three VC games this week (and two of them are good!).

Note the Mario Kart promo - if you buy and/or transfer Super Mario Kart on the VC, you'll get an equivalent discount on the digital version of Mario Kart 8.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Was hoping it'd be Umihara this week since the US got it last week. Suppose it'll be like last time Agatsuma self-published for PAL while someone else handled it for America and be some months behind.

Guess I don't really need it right now anyway since it's Layton vs Ace Attorney week.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Bet NA still only gets one, and neither of those good ones.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Whoa, the Wii U is getting three VC games this week (and two of them are good!).

....Which of those is bad?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

elf help book posted:

....Which of those is bad?

Super Mario Kart.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Mighty Bomb Jack is a fun game for funhavers. Then again, I have a soft spot for those really early third-party NES games.

I hope this means the US will get three VC games. (more likely NoA is gonna release nothing)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yo NA dudes, Ubisoft is doing a big eShop sale on both Wii U and 3DS until the 31st:

http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers

All the 3DS stuff is $15, the Wii U stuff varies by game.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Is Cloudberry Kingdom any good?

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
Is Black Flag worth owning on Wii U over PC? I'm ok with taking a graphical hit if it utilizes the gamepad well. I love sailing around in wind waker.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Medium Cool posted:

Is Black Flag worth owning on Wii U over PC? I'm ok with taking a graphical hit if it utilizes the gamepad well. I love sailing around in wind waker.
If you have a tablet there is a companion app for the PC version that does substantially the same thing as the Wii U gamepad. Unless you want offscreen play or something.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The Steel Empire 3DS remake will be getting a NA release "this summer" according to a facebook post by the publisher. Neat.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Is Cloudberry Kingdom any good?

I haven't played it, but Giant Bomb did a pretty lengthy Quick Look that you should check out.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Yo NA dudes, Ubisoft is doing a big eShop sale on both Wii U and 3DS until the 31st:

http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers

All the 3DS stuff is $15, the Wii U stuff varies by game.

That's the cheapest I've seen Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars. Is it worth it for a tactics fan?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

I've played it for an hour or so and its okay enough. It's really slow though and there seems to be no way to speed up turn times. Also no real challenge so far but I might just be in the tutorial phase still.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Kaleidoscope posted:

That's the cheapest I've seen Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars. Is it worth it for a tactics fan?

There are certainly better options these days, but this was the best of the 3DS launch games and still a respectable turn-based tactics game. If you've already played Fire Emblem and the recent XCOM title, Shadow Wars is a decent get for $15.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If I want a fun platformer that looks great, should get I get Rayman Origins or DKCR? Are there appreciable differences between the two or are they both just jump manz games?

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

If I want a fun platformer that looks great, should get I get Rayman Origins or DKCR? Are there appreciable differences between the two or are they both just jump manz games?

Rayman Origins is bad on the 3DS because of resolution problems, so go for DKC.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah, while I like the two recent Rayman games better than the two recent Donkey Kong ones, that doesn't apply to the 3DS version of Origins. DKCR3D on the other hand is the superior version of that game, so that's the way to go.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Sarchasm posted:

I haven't played it, but Giant Bomb did a pretty lengthy Quick Look that you should check out.

Okay, that doesn't really look worth it. Thanks dude!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Europe has its first GBA game on the Wii U VC confirmed for April 3rd.

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/448463908278644736

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
I hope that image is not representative of the colorization of the GBA games on VC. The game looked better on my Gamecube Game Boy Player.

Sudoku
Jul 18, 2009
Yeah that doesn't look very good. AW's a very bright game, and that doesn't do the colors justice at all.

Also, if they don't have online link play, they've lost me immediately.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sudoku posted:

You are expecting way way too much here.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

There's no way there's online play, they even disabled the local 2 player components of gameboy games on 3DS rather than letting you link up with another 3DS.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Some VC games offer 2 player via Download Play, but I'm not sure if any of those are from the Gameboy.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

I hope that image is not representative of the colorization of the GBA games on VC. The game looked better on my Gamecube Game Boy Player.

That's exactly what they look like on the 3DS so it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

It's probably the NES games that have Download Play. Their NES emulator has been around for so long at this point that it probably has the most features under the hood (from whoever's emulator code they initially assimilated, anyway).

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Sudoku posted:

Yeah that doesn't look very good. AW's a very bright game, and that doesn't do the colors justice at all.

It looks like they got a badly timed screenshot before the title screen fully came in, or just a bad shot generally. I'll wait to see the screenshots on the eShop when they go up before deciding, but I'll probably still buy it because Advance Wars.

Also Pocket Football Club is confirmed for April 17th. Setting up a lot of eShop stuff for Europe early.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

But see, its accurate to how they looked on original hardware with that unreasonably dark screen. :v:

That's going to be their reasoning if this does end up being how dark they look.

Purple D. Link
May 17, 2011

HE IS THE HERO
It's probably just a bad capture. I remember Kirby Super Star's title screenshot on Wii VC looking dark like that as well.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Whatever the reason, considering it's their own promotional Twitter account and not some random fanpage, that shouldn't happen. Also it's gonna cost at least 10€ I bet.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

GB games are 3-4 USD, GBC games are 4-5, I'm assuming GBA games will be 7-8, on par with SNES. NDS will probably surpass N64 as most expensive system in the VC catalog.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
I hope DS games on the Wii U VC retain wireless local multiplayer with DS systems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
You can see footage of Japan's GBA VC launch games here.

Also worth noting: Japan is getting Donkey Kong Land on the 3DS VC next week.