Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

planetarial posted:

Also kind of hilarious how Mii Fighters are listed on the Eshop smashing sale site for Week 3, but have no games related to them on sale. They couldn't even discount the Mii Plaza games or Tomodachi Life!

Or Pilotwings Resort

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

less laughter posted:

Or Pilotwings Resort

How is Pilotwings Resort? I have literally never played a Pilotwings game before, but I am interested.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
It's ok for $5, not worth anywhere near the retail price.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

jivjov posted:

How is Pilotwings Resort? I have literally never played a Pilotwings game before, but I am interested.
It's okay. It's a bit on the short and easy-ish (even when it comes to gold medaling most of the missions) side and there aren't too many unlockables outside of little trophies. I still enjoyed it a lot, though, and I think it's worth getting if you can find it for cheap.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

jivjov posted:

Its seriously lacking in content, like not just in comparison to Pilotwings 64 but also just in general, so you really have to be into playing the same missions over and over again to improve your score and looking for collectibles in free flight. What's there is pretty fun though, and it has the craziest most eye straining 3D on the system which is super cool.

CarpetCrawler
Feb 18, 2013

Bottom Liner posted:

It's ok for $5, not worth anywhere near the retail price.

I bought a brand new copy on clearance from Sears for $5 way back almost two years ago. As a game, it was cute and a little fun but lacking in content to the point where I can't believe people paid $30+ for it when it was new. It was worth the $5 for the Club Nintendo coins I got for registering it though, so that's a plus.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
It seems to show up for about $5 or so every now and again, and it's worth it at that price tag if you're looking for a really chill game about flying around.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
The 3D in Pilotwings Resort looks totally wrong to me, it looks like a 3D mii flying in front of a greenscreen 2D picture.

WorldWarWonderful
Jul 15, 2004
Eh?
I bought it and Steel Diver for a dollar apiece when EB Games was clearing them out. It's not bad for a pick-up-and-play kind of game but at this point there's probably better out there. I was hoping it'd be more like the N64 version, which I loved, but nope.

I got full coin value for each though :toot:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Steel Diver is fun and I'm glad they brought it back with Sub Wars but it's the launch title-est game ever.

freeipods
Jul 3, 2007

Wildtortilla posted:

I wish Donkey Kong '94 would go on sale.

I can assure you it's worth whatever the standard price is.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

elf help book posted:

The 3D in Pilotwings Resort looks totally wrong to me, it looks like a 3D mii flying in front of a greenscreen 2D picture.
Its one of the few games that tries to do the pop-out style 3D which makes it really hard to focus on both your guy and the background yeah. The convergence on the mii is so loving intensely eye searing at 100% though, its amazing. 3D Classic Xevious is another great game to play if you love crosseyed eye pain as much as I do.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Thought about getting Wii Fit U before realizing I don't have a balance board.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Level Slide posted:

Thought about getting Wii Fit U before realizing I don't have a balance board.
You gotta get the fitness tracker too. I priced it out and you really aren't saving any money buying it digitally and piecing stuff out vs just buying the bundle with everything. Guess it would be nice to have digitally, though.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
The Fit Meter pedometer is completely optional for Wii Fit U. You can sync in your steps from outside the game to give yourself calorie credit, but you can manually enter burned calories if you already have a pedometer or phone app or whatever.

The game specifically instructs you not to wear the Fit Meter while doing exercises in-game, as the Balance Board and Fit software itself will be tracking you.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

freeipods posted:

I can assure you it's worth whatever the standard price is.

Seconding. I got it for free on Club Nintendo as well but I definitely wouldn't have regretted purchasing it with money. Perfect portable game; filled with great level design and tons of charm. Take the plunge.

Also Pokemon Battle Trozei is pretty neat. Glad I took a chance on it.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

The T posted:

Believe it or not, there are dumb college freshman all around the world, who speak a variety of languages!

But yes, after watching the Giant Bomb Quick Look, I also believed the whole way through it was not written in English originally.

It sounds like that because its true, the guy who made the game is from Spain.

It's honestly a pretty fun Metroidvania, if you can get past the Penny Arcade-sounding dialogue (the story revolves around a nerdy tabletop gamer who gets transported into a fantasy world).

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Also if you change the language setting to "Unenglish" then you get his first, unedited pass on the game's dialogue, which gives it some weird extra charm. I have the game on PC and while I haven't finished it, I was having fun with it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The English site for SmileBASIC (Petit Computer 3DS) is up:

http://smilebasic.com/en/

There's also a subbed version of their trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgnAmLwtP6Q

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yo PAL-land dudes, KORG DSN-12 will be out on 3DS eShop this week! This one's a followup to DS10, as opposed to M01D, and it even includes a neat 3D oscillator on the top screen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEQARr8RzAs

NA version is still in lotcheck, but it'll be out very soon.

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The English site for SmileBASIC (Petit Computer 3DS) is up:

http://smilebasic.com/en/

I really like the idea of SmileBASIC, but the thought of having to input everything via an on-screen keyboard is pretty off putting.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ptarmigans posted:

I really like the idea of SmileBASIC, but the thought of having to input everything via an on-screen keyboard is pretty off putting.
You could edit stuff on the PC with the DSi Petitcoms, I assume Mk3 is gonna be just as open as those were. In the specs they list "TXT and DAT" under filetypes so you can probably just copy that poo poo off the SD card.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Ptarmigans posted:

If it's anything like the previous 2 versions, you can type programs up on your pc, turn them into QR codes, and get them into the app that way.

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

Well that sounds super rad then.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The DSiWare version doesn't officially support PC editing/transfer, it's something the community hacked together, so we might have to wait a while before all that stuff is available for SmileBASIC.

If we're lucky, the Japanese fans will have it all sussed by the time the international version is released.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

It's a crime this video has been up for three days and it's only got 165 views. Nobody cares about this nerdy stuff these days, do they.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
To be fair, this is pretty high up on the spectrum of nerdy stuff.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The devs are still in TGS mode, they haven't done any PR for the English site/trailer and probably don't even know it's up.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The devs are still in TGS mode, they haven't done any PR for the English site/trailer and probably don't even know it's up.
Who's handling the western release anyway? Only logo on the site is Smileboom's, no Gamebridge or anything. Are they bringing it over themselves this time?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of September 25):

quote:

WII U eSHOP
    Art of Balance - €8.99 / £7.15, or €6.70 / £5.35 for owners of Art of Balance TOUCH! on 3DS
    Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot - €6.99 / £5.99
    Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party (demo)
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Nobunaga's Ambition (SNES, US ver.) - €7.99 / £5.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Own any Zelda game for Wii U/3DS eShop, get Hyrule Warriors for 10% off! - runs until September26
    SteamWorld Dig (Wii U eShop) - €6.49 / £4.99 if you own the 3DS version, runs until September 25
    Ducktales Remastered (Wii U eShop) - €6.74 / £5.39 until October 2
    Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (Wii U eShop) - €6.74 / £5.39 until October 2
    Resident Evil Revelations (Wii U) - €19.99 / £15.99 until October 2
    Armillo (Wii U eShop) - €3.69 / £2.99 from September 25-October 5[/u]
    Swords & Soldiers (Wii U eShop) - €1.99 / £1.77 from September 25-October 9[/u]
    Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party (Wii U eShop) - €5.99 / £5.60 from September 25-October 12[/u]

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Fantasy Life (September 19) - €39.99 / £34.99
    Tenkai Knights: Brave Battle - €29.99 / £24.99
    FIFA 15 (September 26) - €39.99 / £29.99
    Violetta: Rhythm & Music - €29.99 / £24.99
    Farming Simulator '14 - €29.99 / £19.99 (permanent price reduction)
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Fantasy Life: Origin Island Expansion Pack - €7.99 / £7.19
3DS eSHOP
    KORG DSN-12 - €29.99 / £24.99
    Demon King Box - €3.99 / £2.99
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Game & Watch Gallery 3 (GBC) - €4.99 / £4.49
DSiWARE
    Sokomania 2 - 200 Points / €1.99 / £1.79
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Bit Boy!! ARCADE (3DS) - €4.99 / £4.49 until September 24
    Beyblade Evolution (3DS) - €9.99 / £9.99 until September 25
    BIT.TRIP SAGA (3DS) - €7.99 / £7.20 until September 25
    Girl's Fashion Shoot (3DS) - €7.99 / £7.99 until September 25
    Hakouki: Memories of the Shinsengumi (3DS) - €11.99 / £11.99 until September 25
    Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns (3DS) - €9.99 / £8.99 until September 25
    Hometown Story (3DS) - €14.99 / £14.99 until September 25]
    Shifting World (3DS) - €7.99 / £7.20 until September 25
    Virtue's Last Reward (3DS) - €12.49 / £9.99 until September 25
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS) - €34.99 / £30.99 until September 25
    Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies (3DS eShop) - €14.99 / £11.99 until October 2
    Resident Evil: Mercenaries 3D (3DS) - [I]€4.49 / £4.04 until October 2

Resident Evil Revelations (3DS) - [I]€13.49 / £11.24 until October 2

Super Street Fighter 4 3D (3DS) - [I]€9.99 / £8.99 until October 2

Art of Balance is a port of the 3DS game but with new multiplayer modes, both local and online, plus leaderboards and some other touch-ups. It says oneline multiplayer supports 10 players but I think they're talking about 5v5 using two consoles, not ten individual connections.

The Fantasy Life DLC contains most of the content that was released as a separate expansion in Japan; the JP release also added online play, but that feature comes with the base game in the international version, so you can play online without the DLC.

Spin The Bottle is the realest game on the eShop, and those other sale games are okay, too.

KORG DSN-12 is another analogue synth in the vein of the DS10/DS10+ releases, as opposed to KORG M01D which was sample-based, and they've thrown in a stereoscopic 3D oscillator for no particular reason. Here's what it can do:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpq3FpKPX68
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEQARr8RzAs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOstS8yzTUE

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

The Fantasy Life DLC contains most of the content that was released as a separate expansion in Japan; the JP release also added online play, but that feature comes with the base game in the international version, so you can play online without the DLC.

loving hell, wasn't that DLC was supposed to be free? Assholes.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Katana Gomai posted:

loving hell, wasn't that DLC was supposed to be free? Assholes.

NOA/NOE never addressed it directly, people just saw the online mode and assumed the rest of the expansion would be included, too. Apparently not!

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

No? Every time I can remember talking about the subject since the localization was announced they have made it clear that it was DLC and made no effort to say it was going to be free.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

NOA/NOE never addressed it directly, people just saw the online mode and assumed the rest of the expansion would be included, too. Apparently not!

I knew the online was included in the base game, but I distinctly remember reading about Day 1 DLC with the rest of the expansion being available for free. Now that I google it, every article mentions that "pricing has not yet been announced" or something alone those lines so I guess whatever outlet I read jumped the gun. At any rate, it's scummy as gently caress and I won't buy it.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Is the DLC case for Ace Attorney 5 discounted as well? I'm not going to have access to my 3DS in the next two days to check.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Saoshyant posted:

Is the DLC case for Ace Attorney 5 discounted as well? I'm not going to have access to my 3DS in the next two days to check.

Probably not. Capcom had Phoenix Wright 5 on sale a few weeks ago in the US and the dlc wasn't discounted then.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Discounted or not it's definitely worth getting. I think it's the best case in Dual Destinies and I'm not alone.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
Damnit, I've been waiting to get Phoenix Wright DD for a long rear end time. I thought it was on sale (even after looking at the current sales on my 3DS last night) and I was mega pumped because it's one of the few games my wife will play...then saw it was PAL. So close!

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts
Comfy: {Yes}
Easy to Wear: {Yes}
Alright, we're good to go! :neckbeard:
Club Nintendo Japan just announced their 2014 Platinum Rewards = 3DS Picross Plus and 2015 desktop calendar.
Gold gets just the calendar.
3DS Picross Plus consists of "over 100" (I think 105) new Picross puzzles including "many" Nintendo characters, and a bunch of Mega-Picross puzzles (in which number clues can straddle two lines and snake around).

As of this year, Club Nintendo Japan is dropping the platinum and gold ranks.
They're also going to stop giving points for hardware.
It sucks--they've been getting progressively chintzier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

What would be the easiest way to transfer money from a paypal to eshop credit?