Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is the uplay app not up? I found the uplay menu on zombiu, and I'm supposed to use the app from the eshop to make an account. I can't find it though =/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

On the other hand, the first boss in Sonic 2 Game Gear is impossible so you'll never see anything but the first few levels.

Isn't the first boss the one where you just dodge balls for a while?

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Emong posted:

It is, but the balls bounce in from off screen in a random pattern and don't give you enough time to react.

Well it wasn't really that random, you could stand in one spot and deal with the high balls in the same way. The end part was bullshit though.

I had way more trouble with the 2nd level after that boss with the gliding through tunnels of spikes.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Why do they keep doing coin stuff for wii vc instead of wii u?

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If anyone was interested in buying pokemon rumble u and wasn't planning on getting it through gamestop in-store, let me know - I'm trying to get the other gs exclusive figurine, and can email you the redemption code.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Of course the stretching thing was more "nostalgic" as that's what the actual NES/SNES/N64/MD/TG16 hardware would do.

No? If you had an old console hooked up to your widescreen monitor directly, you'd still have it displaying in 4:3, as all non-poo poo tvs have this option. wii VC ignoring the widescreen settings when 4:3 wiiware titles like contra and castlevania rebirth could handle it fine was just really poor design.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Huh, No TV I've ever had has had this option.

Or maybe I never found it, its a Vizio if that matters.

I just googled "vizio change aspect ratio tv" and found evidence the the contrary. Just look for your manual online or something, its a pretty common setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Supercar Gautier posted:

It was a result of the fact that all widescreen on the Wii was anamorphic. For widescreen software, the system would send your TV a "squished" 4:3 signal that was designed to be stretched to 16:9. Meanwhile, for non-widescreen software it would send a 4:3 signal that wasn't designed to be stretched. You'd have to change the setting manually because your TV couldn't tell the difference.

The Wii U's approach to picture formats is obviously less dated, so that's why it was finally possible to patch in a fix.

I understand anamorphic widescreen; theres still no reason they couldn't have designed their wii vc emulators to do the exact same thing when the system was set to widescreen in the system settings. Megamans and rebirth games (except gradius) could do this; homebrew snes / genesis / etc emulators could as well.