Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Ninja Master's actually is spelled "correctly." That's how SNK/ADK spell it on the cover and title screen of their game. :)

I love Mighty Switch Force. Aesthetically and aurally it's very very very much like something Vic Tokai/Treasure/Alfa/Tenky/etc. would have dropped onto the Genesis or Turbo Graphx back in the day. This is the Wii U version, never played it on the 3DS.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Nov 25, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NA update (week of January 24):

Konami's skipped the original Contra and gone straight to Super C, just like they did on the Wii VC. I wonder why they keep doing that...

The original is probably something Konami figures they can apply the Square Tax to and charge more for. Maybe another ReBirth game is happening but more like a remake?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Box of Bunnies posted:

Has a cool thing where you can play as the damsel and rescue Clive instead, too. Very fun game, bit short but good value considering the low price.

I hate this game because it's mind numbingly easy until the last like four levels where it becomes a clone of Mega Man 1, but those last four levels are incredible. I wish it was a whole game of that. If you play as the damsel in distress she can't move and shoot at the same time which makes it SLIGHTLY more challenging. The real fun though is that after you beat the game once you unlock the duck that you shoot to get power ups, who can fly short distances but cannot attack.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Mercury Crusader posted:

Go ask, uh...wait, who owns River City Ransom now that Technos Japan is dead?

I believe a small group called Million that's run by one of its creators and basically licenses out any Double Dragon/Super Dodgeball/RCR stuff now and was basically created for this purpose.

Also old news, but that Shantae: Risky's Revenge game from the DSi totally owns. I can't believe I didn't get it til now.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

RVWinkle posted:

Final Fight is such a good game but the censorship and removal of Guy generates quite a few complaints. It was also a SNES launch title, or at least early release. If I recall correctly, it suffered from quite a bit of flicker and slowdown.

The biggest thing it suffered from was only one player and never more than three enemies on screen at once, making it extremely easy.

The only port of Final Fight worth playing ever is the Sega CD one, otherwise just get any of the releases of the arcade game, which is one the best beat'em ups ever made easily. I would avoid the SNES one completely when if you have any access at all to a release of the arcade version.

Final Fight 2 and 3 are both good and horrible in their own way. Final Fight 2 has pretty poor music and graphics compared to 1 and 3, though it does have coop. I like FF3 the most of the SNES games. The difficulty is low and they reuse this one particular song forty-five thousand times despite having a lot of really good songs in the game, but it moves a bit faster than SNES 1 and 2 and the four characters have a good variety of moves. They also ripped off Streets of Rage 2's grappling system so the coop is a lot of fun. :)

Basically get Final Fight 3, get the arcade version of Final Fight 1, FF2 I kind of sort of wouldn't bother with.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

RMZXAnarchy posted:

But that's why they had Final Fight Guy as a Rental-only release (Well, it brought Guy back but took Cody out, and the censorship was still there so...)

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if they threw that up on the VC for shits and giggles, and charged full price for it of course.

Japanese customers are very discerning about Final Fight. Their Virtual Console has Final Fight 1 and 3 but no 2. They didn't even get Final Fight Streetwise :)

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Assorted eShop news:

-Yoshi's Cookie is being pulled from the JP/PAL Wii VC on October 11, so if you have any fondness for this game you might wanna buy it before it becomes unavailable. (I'd imagine it'll be pulled from the NA VC, too, but I haven't seen an announcement.)

Buy now, I believe Donkey Kong Country was also pulled from the US shop very suddenly without warning while its removal was announced elsewhere.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Maybe they worked out some kind of timed release with Rare, figuring after X years no one would care about DKC on the VC. Or maybe they were going to be available on DKC Returns but this didn't pan out. Or they wanted to avoid confusion or seeming redundant with DKC games so this way the Returns games ARE the series, so Rare is never mentioned again even in fleeting release information.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Oct 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

The Wii U is saved! Y'all ready for FLAVOURED CATS?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sGQQ6DziDg

EAT IT, Ouya!