Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

The game is really tough really early and is incredibly obtuse about where you should go exactly in the beginning ("GO WEST" is Zelda 2-ese for "go Northeast-ish"), but if you stick with it past the first or second dungeon/castle you should have a good idea of whether or not the game is for you. It's my personal favourite LoZ game, but it's a very divisive game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

No 20x20 or 20x25 puzzles? Man, looks like I'll have to look elsewhere for something to scratch that itch Picross DS left me with.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

I got Picross e anyway but I think Picross DS spoiled me because I don't think I'm appreciating it enough. The lack of a zoom function for the 15x15 puzzles makes using the stylus controls a pain in the rear end with the 3DS' bulky stylus.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

Oh man, I love Pilotwings. Will definitely be picking that up. Was the 3DS one any good? I remember it getting mixed reviews.

It's incredibly shallow but I got a copy for $3 brand spanking new, and at that price I wouldn't care if it was a complete turd. You can probably find one around the same price at Gamestop or EB Games.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Haven't played SakSam but from what I've heard from people who have: it's a decent Punch-Out!!/Infinity Blade clone.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Nicalis just announced they're bringing the Kemco iOS RPG Grinsia to the 3DS eShop and PC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4M0CuqpKfk

Uh, okay?

Dear god, I'm having flashbacks to all of those crappy RPG Maker 2k3 games I made way back in the day. This looks barely any better than what I made.

Mercury Crusader posted:

How is Nicalis still in business? :psyduck:

Rereleasing Cave Story a million times = lots of :10bux: apparently

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

-Yatagarasu has been officially cancelled for 3DS, Nicalis is moving it to Vita

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Goddammit Nicalis. Just... goddammit.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Lost Levels. The japanese SMB2 that's hard as gently caress.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

With no GBA VC release this week, it is 100% confirmed that Nintendo is making the next Mario game for the iPhone. RIP Nintendo.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Max22 posted:

Is Tappingo worth it at 2 bucks for a fan of Picross?

No. It's incredibly brainless for a puzzle game.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

is Kirby's Adventure a good port?

Dunno if it happened for just me, but all of the bonus minigames always have the same patterns or layouts everytime you play them. But other than that, the port is fine.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Better than Metal Warriors or Metal Storm? That's a pretty bold statement to make.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

And More posted:

Thanks for the input! I just bought 3, and depending on how much I like it I'll either buy 2, 6, or somthing else. It's kind of funny, though: No one seems to even remember 4.

I remember 4 for being shite :colbert:

Hell if you liked 3, just buy all of the megamans. Get 5 for Gravity Man's stage alone.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Oh god, please let one of the DLC vehicles be Epona

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Did the future Layton games get rid of the pixel hunting for puzzles? I played the first Layton game and the pixel hunting for puzzles drove me mad. The OCD in me made me refuse to brute force my way through the game until I solved the puzzles without using any hint coins and found each puzzle, so I never finished it.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Weird that SPO is Wii-only since it is on the Wii U VC already.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Vince Videogames posted:

Should I expect Super Punch Out to be added to Wii U virtual console soon and is that game worth getting?

It doesn't have as much personality as MTPO (the Bruiser Bros are really lame), but it's still really good and worth getting.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

katkillad2 posted:

How is Mario Pinball Land? I don't even think I knew the game existed.

Like most pinball, the game relies on you to make precise and accurate shots. Unfortunately, the physics of the game are a loving nightmare, so that's nearly impossible. It's an absolutely frustrating and unfun experience.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

C-Euro posted:

Is Azure Striker Gunvolt the game everyone was losing their minds over when it first came out? I have 28 hours of flying & layovers to go through next week so I'm stuffing my 3DS with things to take the edge off. And how's the 8-bit spinoff Mighty Gunvolt? $3.99 is right around "sure why not?" territory for me, but I could put that money towards Wario Land II or Shovel Knight which I've been meaning to grab for a while.

Mighty Gunvolt is rubbish, don't waste your money on it. It's disgustingly easy because the stages are barren of enemies. The game is sort of fun when you play as the GalGun character because you get a double jump and an ability to charm enemies, but Beck and Gunvolt play like poo poo. One boss is a pain in the rear end with the latter two because he has an attack pattern that's nearly impossible to avoid without double jumping over him.

I know it's a quick cheapy thing Inti Creates threw together, but MG's complete lack of quality makes me worried about Mighty No 9.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

i like mega picross :(

saddened that they're still wasting time on micross though. those are a complete waste of time

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Instantly nabbed W101. Complete no brainer there.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

triplexpac posted:

Tokyo Crash Mobs seems kind of crazy, is it fun?

I haven't gotten far into it, but not really. Maybe I'm dumb, but there feels like a huge disconnect between how you're trying to control the game and what actually happens. The FMV cutscenes are charming, but they are very short and only make me rather play the FMV games of the past like the Tex Murphy series or Ripper.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Don't waste your coins on New Super Mario Bros 2. It is probably hands down the most boring Mario game I've ever played (and yes, I've played the edutainment Mario games)

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

Concentration Training is actually awesome and worth looking at. It's challenges are mind melting and it has a ton of bonus games. It's also the only of these "brain training" games that I've played that I've actually felt some benefit from.

Echoing this. It's incredibly challenging; unlike the first two Brain Ages where it just feels like you learn the quirks in the exercises to game the system.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

It's an okay game but if you're really into grid-based strategy, you'll probably find it lacking. I breezed through the campaign and the challenges at the hardest difficulty with the exception of a really early mission and the last mission. It's a very good "baby's first strategy game".

But you won't get any coins from it. If you're looking for stuff to give you coins this should help: https://club.nintendo.com/eligible-products.do

Edit: Nevermind I suck dicks, I forgot about all those games having Clancy's name plastered all over them.

Do not even ask fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Feb 8, 2015

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Does anyone know if Phoenix Wright Trilogy on 3DS is not a complete clusterfuck like it was on the iOS?

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

I can't believe I might buy DK64 just to see if that game feels like it's slowly crumbling apart in the VC as well.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

noirstronaut posted:

I think it was called Block boy which makes it hard to find. it was a boy who had to move a block to climb over things and then eventually get to a door

You're thinking of Block Dude. Man, now I'm remembering the janky Mario game that you had to run through the Mirage shell program.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Rakuga Kids

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Treebeh posted:

I don't understand. This exact song is in my NA version of Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon. The cinematic and Impact's design are different though.

That video is from Goemon's Great Adventure which is what he's talking about.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Man, I haven't had a demo turn me off a game as bad as that Puzzle and Dragons demo and I'm a complete sucker for Match-3 games (I'm still playing Poke Shuffle every day despite it being bad).

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

buy sin and punishment, nerds

In Training posted:

Doesn't Europe have Devils Third early as well

you say that as if that's not a blessing in disguise

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Welp caved in and bought the Genesis theme because I'm a manchild who cannot let go of his childhood memories. And yes, it plays the entire SCD Boot song.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

The menu only accepting touchscreen controls is driving me loving crazy in Poke Picross.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Awwww I was hoping we'd get this version of the DC theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNh_phH91DI

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Echo Chamber posted:

Don't buy Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash.

Don't buy Mario Tennis Open either

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

If you don't already have Rhythm Thief, get it get it get it get it get it get it

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

I already have a physical copy of Rhythm Thief so here's my NA Region code: B0L7D5G004RSJS65

Do not even ask fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Apr 27, 2016

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

voltcatfish posted:

What's so bad about it

you press up to jump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Spigs posted:

Ok So I feel dumb. I logged into my account on my New 3ds but the my account page still says the account isn't linked. Reading online I see there's supposed to be an option to link once you sign in but I don't see anything there. What am I missing?

Should be in your account settings page.