Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Oh god I have to finish Pushmo before I buy Crashmo because then I'll probably never beat it. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Dehry posted:

Super Mario World for $9.99 would decimate sales of a new $39.99 Mario game, the same with Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox, and Pokemon. Nintendo isn't trying to sell a portable SNES, they are trying to sell a new handheld console. If you want one of those, just get this.

So what Zelda II was just released on the eShop is that going to cut in the sales of a new Zelda game? (the answer is no of course not)

Real dumb logic and I bet they're holding out on the SNES games so they can release them later on in the future. Like I am itching to buy SNES games on my 3DS XL and so are many other people. I have no idea how this would hurt Nintendo at all.

E: Also have you taken a look at the current eshop there is almost nothing really there! Just a handful of games. I know crashmo just came out and that is awesome but there really isn't much else.

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Nov 29, 2012

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Goodpart posted:

So I got a 3DSXL today and I got home and thought: "poo poo! Cave Story's on this! I should totally get it, because I don't recall anything else in the eShop being worth a drat! May as well put this 4GB card to use!"

Then I come to find that for whatever stupid loving reason, I can't get it.

Why am I not playing Cave Story right now? Is it a licensing thing? Is Nintendo allergic to my money? Sorry if I sound naive: I've only had a GBC and a DS Lite prior to this so I'm new to Nintendo's horrifically mismanaged forays into downloadable content. I'm not keen on getting the 3D version because it seems like a watered down version that has had all the charm sucked out of it.

Wait I thought it was just recently released on eshop?

E: Yeah at least in the US eshop its on there, just search for Cave Story.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah I'll be waiting before I buy Crimson Shroud, I bought Liberation Maiden because I thought it looked cool but ended it up being hilariously short.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Goddamn I loving hated game gear games back then and I still do now. They really need to start getting some loving SNES/Genesis/TG16 games on the 3DS shop and stop loving around with these lame rear end handhelds no one cared about (GB/GBC games are really good though). At least get some of the neo geo pocket games I heard those were good.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Pyrovile posted:

I maintain that all the Sonic Gamegear games are terrible games.

Yeah pretty much this. When I got the sonic mega collection plus on PS2 I played all of them for a bit and goddamn were they bad. Seriously just pretty much the worst.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah the Guild O2 games honestly don't really look that good, except for maybe Starship Damrey.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Honestly it just sucks it isn't Sonic 2. I hate Sonic 1 that game is just a bit too boring and the worst of the genesis Sonics. :(

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

The T posted:

Sonic Spinball and Sonic 3D Blast would like a stern word with you.

Ok you know what I mean! The main 2D Sonic games.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Megalixir posted:

Can someone please explain to me how 3DS codes work? I want to import a 3DS from America (since things take forever to reach PAL) and buy games digitally off the eShop. It's not IP-locked, right?

Yeah I think that's fine. I know people I follow on twitter buy things from the eshop with their US 3DS in Japan so it should work.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Some 3DS eShop news:

-Retro City Rampage is coming to the eShop, although it won't support stereoscopic 3D. The dev is aiming to have it out for the holidays, we'll see how that goes.

-Does anyone remember Steel Empire, the steampunk shmup for Sega Mega Drive? No? Well, it's coming to the JP eShop at some point.

-Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward may or may not be out on the NA eShop this week, priced at $24.99.

-Shantae and the Pirate's Curse will be playable at the upcoming PAX event, so expect more info on that game soon.

EDIT: oh, and PETIT COMPUTER 3DS! http://smileboom.com/special/ptcm2/html_third.php

I will buy the poo poo out of VLR if that's true.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Whats the word on the GBC Shantae? I'm thinking about getting it.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Neo Helbeast posted:

Someone needs to play the dragon quest monsters 3d games. Terry's Wonderland is my most played 3ds game/rpg at a whopping 280 hours. I'd be willing to argue that it's the 3ds game available.

Too bad its not available in english.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Do people lose their 3DS and other handhelds often? I keep hearing this excuse as to why people are afraid to buy games on the eshop. Just take better care of your stuff. Now if it got stolen that's an entire different story and I'd be pissed off as well.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Stan Taylor posted:

Yeah, I bought Pushmo like that. I'm gaming the system by making my little brother use his employee discount to buy me points cards at work though, so I get a flat ten percent discount on everything, essentially. :getin:

I want to get it, but was worried if it was secretly awful or something. I was really disappointed with that Mutant Mudds demo, so now I'm second guessing all of the games I was interested in before.

Crashmo is really good.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Liberation Maiden isn't that great honestly and its extremely short.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
If they can get the games working on Wii U then I'm pretty sure they can get them work on 3DS.