Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Cross posting from the Wii U thread; planning to get castlestorm what are your thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

If we are allowed to post Wii U kickstarters, I would like to point out. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/prismaticgames/hex-heroes It is a RTS hybrid with asymmetric multiplayer, with player one having an overseer role, and 2-5 having a specialized role being directed around to resources and mosters by player 1. It looks pretty neat and is over soon.

numerrik fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Apr 21, 2014

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

I think they have a PC beta going out to some backers, but I only put in enough for a copy of the game on Wii U, since there are two other $15 games for Wii U that I backed this week. Either way, after talking with the creator on his DKC2 stream, I am happy they made it, he seems like a chill dude with a pretty cool idea.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

I picked up The Fall last night and beat it just now, it's a very good puzzle game worth getting, one question though, does anyone else have issues with freezing or lock ups? I kept having to restart my Wii U due to locking up after the Mainframe Custscene.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

poo poo did I miss the sale on that D&D game?

Yeah, I believe that one went through Labor Day.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

I was thinking of getting just dance 2014 on the eshop for the sale, does it require a wii mote plus?

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Did anyone pick up Lucadian Chronicles? I did and am having fun with the campaign, but it's lonely without people to play online with.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Evil Mastermind posted:

I grabbed it last night. I played through the first map, got a "disconnected from server" message, and it crashed out to the WiiU menu on me.

Am I right in understanding that the game's mainly about positioning your dudes?

Yeah. That's the long and short of it.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Picked up the messenger bag to carry poo poo to dnd night at the local bar. And doc Louis' punch out, because it was an exclusive I missed and the only punch out game I didn't have.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Yeah, another weird thing about it is it only loads one update at a time, so if it gave you the 1.5 update, you need to exit out and check your downloads to make sure the dlc is done downloading, then when you enter back in and you will get the dlc.

tl;dr: You have to boot from menu twice.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

are people able to get onto club nintendo? When I try the website has been saying it's down for maintenance for like a week now.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Fun fact, I was browsing the wii shop Chanel to grab Mario RPG and saw they put the DKC games back on the shop.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

What's the goonpinion on affordable space adventure? Looks good and I'm thinking about getting it after work.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Rumor has it that Space Hulk is out May 2, in NA.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

I thought space hulk was out in NA May 2?

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

So apparently it's a buy one get one for Don't Starve so does anyone want to go in on it. or perhaps go in on half of a copy of Mario versus donkey Kong tipping stars?

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

TEHJOE posted:

Do you want DK on the 3ds or wii u?

Wii u

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I have the swapper on three systems now and none of the rest are my thing eh.

How is citizens of the earth?

How much do you like Earthbound?

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Would you say you got swindled?

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Sarchasm posted:

You're painting with a real wide brush there, champ. Not everyone in America lives in a dense metropolitan area with public transit and a Gamestop on every corner. And even if that was the case, I'd bet good money that not everyone with an American Wii U is actually an American resident. When I lived in Japan I bought all my 3DS games digitally because that was the cheapest option by far, with the second-cheapest option involving a two-hour train ride to Akihabara and then buying the game with a 50% markup from an import shop.

Not only that I live in a large metro area in the US and there is one shop with only two copies within 100 miles, it's more than $17 in gas to grab a physical copy.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

People have been mentioning playing resident evil 4 with the game pad. I have been having trouble getting it to work. Am I missing something?

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Well it's already a homophone of sodomy

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Anyone playing lost reavers? That game is so scratching my payday 2 itch. Hope latency is less of a problem in the full game though.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Are they late today? I thought they updated at 9 am their time.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

baram. posted:

what's doujin

Fan made comic books

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Out of curiosity, is Pokken any good?

How do you feel about Tekken?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

What do I need to buy games on the eshop in different regions?