Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

MassRayPer posted:

I got a 3DS a few days ago and I feel like I've lost my mind. The eshop is a pain in the rear end to navigate, but despite that I feel like I found F-Zero Maximum Velocity two nights ago. I was going to buy it but decided to wait until I played some original GB games.

I logged in today to buy it and I can't find it. Is there some trick to this store I'm just missing that makes it less difficult to navigate?

You didn't, because Maximum Velocity was one of the GBA Ambassador games that isn't available on the shop. No idea what the hell you saw, but that wasn't it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

bartok posted:

Is Unchained Blades or Crimson Shroud any good? I am looking for a good JRPG I don't know anything about Unchained Blades but I read that Crimson Shroud uses a dice roll mechanic that sounds interesting.

Unchained Blades is a dungeon crawler with a healthy amount of plot, but will require you to grind like a motherfucker at times. Unless you absolutely have to have one now, you're better off waiting for Etrian Odyssey 4 at the end of February. Crimson Shroud, on the other hand, is pretty unique. It's basically literally a D+D campaign, and takes ~8 hours to finish. It's one of those things where you're getting exactly what the premise sounds like, so if it sounds cool, go for it. It helps that it's only 8 bucks too.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Color Printer posted:

Boy I wish there was something for me to buy on the 3DS shop with $1.39. I hate it when this poo poo happens. Somehow it feels like a lot even though it's so little.

You know you can just add exactly how much you need to buy something, right?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I can report that the demo is not up as of this posting. Dunno if it's a delay and it'll be up later tonight or we're not getting it until Thurs or what.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Puddle is $7.99 for the Wii U.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

citizenlowell posted:

How long has there been an in-system note pad? How do I get to that?

Since launch, I believe. Press the pencil at the top of home menu.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

oblomov posted:

I have EO4 and that's a great game, but most reviews for UC complained of extremely excessive grinding due to necessasity to relevel different parties in pretty much same dungeon. Plus apparently enemy variety is somewhat lacking. I might give it a shot on Vita since its going for $15 there, I guess.

Yeah, they're full of poo poo. I'm in Chapter 4, and the only two instances of repeating dungeons so far is one very brief part of Chapter 2 (where they try to go where your party went in Chapter 1, but they don't have the key to continue) and Chapter 3, which does put you in the same dungeon as Chapter 4, but it's in a completely different (and much smaller) area, and you get through it really quickly. By far the worst part of the game is the Follower Battles, but you can avoid excess grinding for those as long as you're diligent in keeping your monster selection current.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Astro7x posted:

Yup... well the demo was on the PS3 store so I'll just play that.

Why can't the eShop just have a demo section in the same place every week?

Demos are always with the game itself. There's a button on the store page to download the demo. So if you want the demo for Runner 2, just go to Runner 2's store page and (I think) scroll down to the bottom.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Mario Tennis and Super Punch Out speak for themselves, but Starship Defense is a fantastic tower defense-esque DSiWare game. If you have any interest in the genre at all, it's absolutely worth giving a shot, especially since it's basically free right now.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Jack the Ripper is 9.99, Harvest Moon is 29.99, Super Little Acorns is 7.99, Witch and Hero is 3.99, and Tetris Axis is still marked as "Retail Only" despite showing up in the "New Software" section. :downs:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Laser Spider posted:

Balloon Fight had better come to the NA Virtual Console. Now that was a fun game right there.

...Balloon Fight is already on the NA VC? It was the first VC trial game back in January.

E: Oh, you mean 3DS.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Handsome Ralph posted:

Holy poo poo! Why hasn't Nintendo made a bigger deal about this?

Because as you might be aware, Nintendo doesn't own this "Sonic the Hedgehog" property. If Sega wants to let them sit there in Japan for no good reason, they're perfectly within their rights to do so, no matter how little sense it makes.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Does anyone else have trouble switching from left to right on the Gamepad's d-pad without hitting up or down in the process? It's making Super Metroid all but unplayable for me, because I can't pull off walljumps consistently, and I've completely forgotten how to even play without doing silly jumps and breaking sequence.

I had that issue at first, and brace yourself for some heresy, but I found using the stick to actually work pretty well. It's not quite as precise, but it stopped loving up my wall jumping, so it's worth a shot at least. Haven't tried it with Shinesparking yet, though.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Saoshyant posted:

I'm curious on Starship Damrey impressions. If anyone bites in please share how much you like/hate it.

I'll bite, I was going to get it anyway.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
So just a heads up, Swords and Soldiers 3D is only $7.99, not $9.99. Also, Bowling Bananza is $5.99 for the sake of completeness.

E: Also, it's only Future Past #2 this week.

Artix fucked around with this message at 17:20 on May 16, 2013

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Harvest Moon is definitely up in NA, I just checked the eShop to download Starship Damrey.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Retail games usually go up at midnight, everything else at 9 AM PST.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Larryb posted:

What is this? Is it just port of the Wii version?

Yes.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
You know what, for as bad as the VC launch was, if they keep up this thing where they do a themed week with a deal and then a standalone release or two between them (sometimes with their own deal, a la SMB2), I think the Wii U VC is going to be alright.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Silver Falcon posted:

Neat. And next week the Zelda Oracle games are getting released, right? Can't wait! :neckbeard:

I have a question about them though. I was planning on playing them with my husband. I start one, he starts the other, and we swap passwords at the end. But I'm not sure which one each of us should start with.

He's never played either Oracle game, and he likes the classic 2D style Zelda games. His favorites are Link's Awakening and Minnish Cap.

I played both Oracle games years ago, but never finished either of them, and I'm more accustomed to the modern 3D Zeldas.

I recall someone either here or in the 3DS thread said that one of the Oracle games is more similar to 3D Zeldas and the other is more like the old 2D ones. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Which one do you think we each should start with?

Ages is more focused on puzzles like a "modern" Zelda game, and Seasons is more focused on combat with incidental puzzles like Zelda, LttP, etc. Ages also has some really stupid mandatory minigames though.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Not sure if it's a sale or price drop, but it's [Etrian Odyssey 4] definitely down to $29.99. Wasn't going to get it until I was done with Unchained Blades, but thanks for the heads up!

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Crimson Shroud is pretty good if you're okay with a D+D-esque game and Denpa Men 2 is supposedly pretty good? Other than that, it's pretty slim pickings when it comes to RPGs right now.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Katana Gomai posted:

I can't believe they haven't released anything for E3 (yet), like a surprise Pikmin 3/Mario&Luigi 4 demo. It's such an easy thing to do and build some hype. That whole Best Buy demo scheme is just absurd, release them on the e-shop and give people a reason to dust off their consoles for once. Also, not everyone lives in the USA!

The point of the Best Buy displays is not to sell consoles to people who already have them. :ssh:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Annath posted:

So, I've never played a main series Shin Megami Tensei game.

I enjoyed some spinoff games: Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Golden, DemiKids.

I'm planning on buying SMT4, but is Soul Hackers worth picking up in the meantime?

Given that SMT4 is launching in 2 weeks, probably not. But that said, Soul Hacker (as dated as it is) is probably the easiest introduction to classic SMT, so if you can get a hold of it, go for it.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
They're specifically talking about Buebeam Trap, but yeah, the final boss is also one of the ones that absolutely requires a certain weapon and gently caress you if you're short or die and run out in another attempt.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

robodex posted:

Oh snap, only $4.99 for Bit.Trip Saga? Anyone know how big it is? I want to grab it but I'm not sure if I have enough space on my SD card.

2321 blocks. For $5, it's a goddamn steal.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Rirse posted:

From people in the 3DS thread mentioned, they just flat out disable saving in the puzzle rooms. :effort:

To be fair, it is REALLY easy to break code when you're trying to fix bugs, especially if you don't know what caused it in the first place (which I believe was the situation in the 3DS version). It's the same reason that instead of removing unused assets before the game goes gold, they typically just dummy them out, because you never know if there's something that calls them or requires them buried deep in the code, and removing them might cause everything to fall apart. The rest of the game more or less works as intended, so it's safer to just stop you from saving there than try to recode literally everything related to the PEC room so the bug no longer exists.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Rirse posted:

Wasn't it about this time when the new Club Nintendo rewards were suppose to go up?

Probably because it's Labor Day. More likely than not, we'll see them tomorrow.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Really, Sega's just now getting around to putting Rhythm Thief up, and at full price? Goddammit Sega, I love it, but that game bombed for a reason.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
So are the Final Fight games any good? I know that they're beat-em-ups and the first one doesn't have multiplayer for some godforsaken reason, but I can't say much about them besides that.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
So just a heads up with regards to the Final Fight deal, you can't use it to get the other Final Fight games. I grabbed 2 for the hell of it, and 1 and 3 aren't discounted - only the Street Fighter 2 games.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Isn't there a sequel to Dillon's Rolling Western out soon, or came out recently or something? Giving away the original game is a pretty good way of building interest in the franchise.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

ETB posted:

Any insight on whether the eShop will participate in Black Friday and/or Cyber Monday? It would be nice to pick up the new 3D Mario digitally and at a discount.

There is a 0% chance you are paying less than full price on the eShop for a Mario game that came out a week ago on Black Friday. Like, less than 0%.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Nintendo's not a giant, they were barely hanging on before the Wii showed up, and are being understandably cautious with their spending since now they realize not every console they produce will be a hit. Probably the only reason they're not filing for bankruptcy now is because they were so cautious with their money, since the WiiU is flopping so hard right now and they don't seem to know how to fix that. (more marketing, clearer message)

The reason that Nintendo isn't filing for bankruptcy probably has a lot more to do with the fact that the Wii and DS were literally printing money for the last 6-8 years, and the 3DS doesn't look like it has any signs of changing that. :ssh:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
So basically every sale we got from Ubisoft was 25-33% at best. You know why your poo poo doesn't sell? Because you're still charging 60 goddamn dollars for ZombiU. gently caress, even Assassin's Creed 3 has seen a price drop.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Don't know if it was posted a couple weeks ago or what, but there's a "sale" on some WB games (but there's no sale indicator in the shop, so it might be a price drop):

Arkham Origins - $39.99
Scribblenauts Unmasked - $39.99
Scribblenauts Unlimited - $19.99
Injustice - $39.99
Lego Batman 2 -$19.99

Plus some Hot Wheels game that looks like garbage.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I have a lot of those as a 3DS ambassador, but I'll be damned if I'm not going get me some Advance Wars and Superstar Saga. Should be more than enough to get through to Dark Souls 2 at the end of the month.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Help Im Alive posted:

If you like Fire Emblem you'll probably like Advance Wars. AW is so much more difficult though. Back when it first came out, it took me months to beat both campaigns. (But I guess save states will make it a lot easier if you decide to use them)

I'm going to highly disagree that AW is more difficult than FE. It's a different kind of difficult, and from what I understand Advance Wars' hard campaign is a bitch and a half, but on the whole, Fire Emblem gets way more of IntSys's personal bullshit touch.

Of course, if we're talking about Awakening specifically, you're probably right. Awakening is one of, if not the easiest FE game.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Evil Eagle posted:

Does the DLC for SMTIV go on sale when the game does? I still need to grab some of the boss DLCs.

It usually does, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Jesus, about loving time they dropped the price on ZombiU. I've had a couple friends who were interested in it but refused to drop full price, and as much as I love the game, I don't blame them.