Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Knytt Underground was highly anticipated before its original release, but I don't think it got a great reception, did it? Whatever, the Wii U version's finally here, so that's something, I suppose.

I quite like the Knytt games, so I'll probably check it out on Wii U I guess! They're nice little ambient platform romps; I think you can play a bunch of earlier games in the series here. Is Cave Story available in PAL regions yet? I got super excited when I saw it listed in the 3DS store but couldn't download it. Blah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

shyduck posted:

A friend of mine bought NES Remix (Wii U), and we spent a good part of today playing it. It's been nothing short of awesome, I'd recommend it to anybody.

Is there a multiplayer mode in NES Remix?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Box of Bunnies posted:

This particular incident is doing a pretty good job of showing how much of an afterthought we are, though.

The Club Nintendo rewards really hammer it home if you want further evidence.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Anybody played UnEpic? Is it worth the ten / fifteen odd bucks?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

duckfarts posted:

I played the PC version and I liked it a lot; be aware the game isn't shy about killing you though, so I would advise against playing on Hard off the bat.

Thanks very much!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Man predicting what the hell nintendo are going to from month to month must involve old forms of soothsaying or reading fish innards or tea leaves or something. Bizarre.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Is Castlevania 3 any good?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Nintendo Pocket Soccer is very very very very fun.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Shoehead posted:

If anyone remembers me from the last(?) version of the thread you'll know how happy I am that Cave Story is FINALLY coming out here (in pixelly form). :3: Is that out on Thursday or Friday?

I too am ecstatic. It's not up yet, so I'd assume tomorrow (Friday).

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

I have been playing NES Remix 2 for most of the day with my brother between drinks (it's Winter, can't do much else) and by god it's one of the funnest drat things.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

I am stoked for Pop 'n Twinbee. That game was completely whack from memory.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Final Fantasy 6
Secret of Mana

GOD drat IT JAPAN

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Renegade Kid has announced a new 3DS eShop game: Xeodrifter, a "bite-sized metroidvania" comparable to Ikachan in scope. There's a dev diary with a QR code to a 3D screenshot here:

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/234451-gonintendo-exclusive-renegade-kid-unveils-xeodrifter-for-3ds-eshop

He also talks about what's going on with some of their other announced games: Cult County ain't happening, Treasurenauts is on hold, some licensed thing they were making is dead.

Man this looks super cool. Fingers crossed that it might get a PAL region look-in.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

MARIO GOLF IS LIKE HEROIN

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Is Australia gonna see a cool Tropical Freeze discount or has one already occurred and I slept on it? That's really the only pre-Smash sale game I'm hankering for.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

What are these ExCave games? Are they any good? I do like action adventure RPG's but maybe I should just play Link Between Worlds again.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

tertiary relation to thread

http://mariomaker-wp.nintendo.co.jp/

make your own desktop or smartphone wallpaper in the mario maker style

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

We're finally (maybe) getting a Nintendo direct? :shepspends:.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Nintendo and the Neverending Array Of Logins For Similar Services

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

greatn posted:

Not really freely, aren't there restrictions like once a week or something?

yeah it locks the account to the device for a week after it's moved on. unless there's some predictably nintendo crazy workaround that i don't know about

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

having a copy of earthbound that i can play on the tram to work means i might actually finish it. this game is really great, the mood of it is so unlike anything else ive ever played.

when is mini mario amiibo friend challenge game coming to pal land, thats what i want to know

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

SelenicMartian posted:

Yay. The last pair of SNES VC games I'm going to buy in the launch line up. I hope they keep adding stuff after the first month.

portable pilotwings would be a dream

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ah the old "buy a product" mission

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

god drat Donkey Kong Country 2 is such a fantastic romp. so quick and fluid

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Wait until Toxic Tower. Then the pain comes.

i remember gettin all the lost world 100 percent done as a kid. young me had skills i never had before

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

thexerox123 posted:

I think a lot of people are looking forward to it due to the fact that the replacement for Nintendo's shuttered loyalty program comes out at the same time, to be honest. I know I am, at least.

me too. i mean i keep buying nintendo games so any sort of loyalty program is vaguely cool

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i've booted up miitomo on my phone and started grinding through 'missions'. in order to redeem platinum points for games, do i need to have my 3DS handy and access it via that?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

is there any way of having gold points transfer to platinum points? god damnit i am 100 away from WarioWare Touched

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

whats the general opinion on super mario 3D land on 3DS? i loved 3D world a lot

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Manky posted:

Get it!

the votes are in and i will!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

thanks for all the votes for SM3DLand; im three worlds deep and hooked. i miss some elements of world, and the tanooki suit seems to render some levels a joke, but god drat its fun and controls like a dream. great game so far

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i'd been eyeballing affordable space adventures for a while but it always seemed like kind of a gamble.

this plus everything else makes it worthwhile. rock on humble bundle, rock over london, rock on chicago

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

have a freebie, someone

Retro City Rampage DX - Nintendo 3DS: B0LW8K0815XGW9JW

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

come on nintendo, put up more cool notebooks, my a5 grid-line BOO notebook is nearly full

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Boxboy 2 this week, believe it.

i want to believe

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

is there any reason to play devils third? is it fun in an over-the-top crazy kind of way and if so what would be an acceptable price for it?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

how is BoxBoxBoy? the price is so crazy low that ill probably get it regardless

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

so just finished the bulk of boxboxboy and it was very good. the bonus levels are fantastically doing my head in

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

absolutely anything posted:

kirby is cute and now he is 10 smaller, cuter kirbies that you throw at things

kirby pikmen mashup?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

zenintrude posted:

Sorry but Islands is fun. You need to reassess your life.

light up a doobie mcdooberstein with your friends and prepare for hours of the apple thief game to zoom by